The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand why you guys love this so much. And somebody says it's the best song on the album? It's my least favorite of the 5 songs I've heard so far. I played it for my boyfriend (Twister is one of his favorite movies) and he was also underwhelmed.

Last edited by markolas; 09-27-2014 at 08:48 AM..
Old 09-27-2014, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I don't understand why you guys love this so much. And somebody says it's the best song on the album? It's my least favorite of the 5 songs I've heard so far.
It is a bonus track so technically it is not on the album proper..

Old 09-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care for it.

It's probably my least favorite version of the song, so I really don't see what the point of doing it yet again was.

While it's nice, I still prefer the duet with Lindsey. I also think she really didn't have to do this song again, but instead record another unreleased demo. Oh well.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Really a mediocre version of a song we have already purchased twice.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just re-listened to the Twister version, and was surprised by how much I prefer this new version, particularly Stevie's vocal.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default for me.

I have only enjoyed the live version from the "Enchanted" tour, but I am really enjoying this new version of "Twisted". Now if only I could hear the rest of this album...
Old 09-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Ledgie

I actually think this arrangement is superior to either that we had previously. I absolutely loathed the Lindsey Buckingham variant that was on the Twister Soundtrack. I love Lindsey, but it was lacking a spark.

Then along came the Enchanted Box Set and we were graced with a solo stevie's take on it. I thought it could not be topped, but then after listening to what WB released yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised and definitely wrong.

This version to me is far more emotive and has this feeling that the other two lacked. I think sometimes people like to complain and critique as if THEY are artists. But they are not. Stevie is an Artist. She wrote the song, so if she wishes to record a million different versions of a song she certainly is entitled and as fans we should be okay with that. If you don't like it, that is fine, but to bash how many times or how many ways a song has been done is just folly. It changes nothing.

What I don't think people are considering is, she didn't have to release this album. She could have just toured with Fleetwood Mac and done nothing and it could have been another 10 years before anything new came out. But she took the time to do this project, so lets all just be happy with that

Just my take.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Ledgie

I'm waiting for the piano version. And the pseudo-live orchestral Soundstage version. And maybe a Deep Dish dance mix.

Or not.

I never understood why she didn't just put the version with Lindsey on Enchanted. Maybe she didn't like what he did with it, though his voice and guitar added a lot of interest for me personally.

Also, the now-missing, "I know, you know watching you go is like dying" was one of the hookiest elements it had.

But this is pleasant enough, even though it never really builds up to much.

Odd that this song seems so important to her and yet it's been marginalized yet again (first on a hit-less soundtrack, then as a demo on a box set for mainly diehards, and now as a bonus cut many people won't get).

I think the next version of "Twisted" (praying for a duet with Sheryl Crow!) would make a nice b-side to a remake of "Sweet Girl" available only on limited-edition vinyl.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So many varied opinions: Hate! Like! Love! Indifferent!
That's good thing.

The song seems to (almost) have universal appeal among fans. All three versions have merit, as each one offers a different shade and attitude. It's natural to have a personal preference; there's no reason to negate the other versions.

I enjoy the duet/soundtrack version.
I enjoy the box set demo version.
I enjoy the 24 Karat Gold version.

It's much like Crystal.

I enjoy the Buckingham Nicks version.
I enjoy the Fleetwood Mac version.
I enjoy the solo/soundtrack version.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-27-2014 at 12:09 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad975 View Post
I'm waiting for the piano version. And the pseudo-live orchestral Soundstage version. And maybe a Deep Dish dance mix.

Or not.

I never understood why she didn't just put the version with Lindsey on Enchanted. Maybe she didn't like what he did with it, though his voice and guitar added a lot of interest for me personally.

Also, the now-missing, "I know, you know watching you go is like dying" was one of the hookiest elements it had.

But this is pleasant enough, even though it never really builds up to much.

Odd that this song seems so important to her and yet it's been marginalized yet again (first on a hit-less soundtrack, then as a demo on a box set for mainly diehards, and now as a bonus cut many people won't get).

I think the next version of "Twisted" (praying for a duet with Sheryl Crow!) would make a nice b-side to a remake of "Sweet Girl" available only on limited-edition vinyl.
Because she didn't like the duet version of the song.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cannot stop listening to this. Absolutely gorgeous.
Old 09-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think if I'd never heard the Twister soundtrack version of this song, I would love this version. But alas, the Twister version is one of my all time favorite songs. And this new take just doesn't have the passion or the crescendo of the original. I love the fact that Stevie loves this song- it's a great one. But this particular version just doesn't capture the emotion or magic of the original for me.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love it. It's a beautiful song and this version lets it stand on its own.
The only things I miss are 1) a little more instrumental texture in the chorus, a la the demo mandolin; and 2) a soaring vocal line or two at the end, where Stevie really opens up a la the live 1996 Mixfest version.

As for the bridge -- is it possible Lindsey either wrote the music for that or encouraged her to do so?
Old 09-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care for it.

It's probably my least favorite version of the song, so I really don't see what the point of doing it yet again was.
I like it but I agree, why do this song again? I'd rather hear something that she hasn't done before.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Cannot stop listening to this. Absolutely gorgeous.
Absolutely agree. This version kicks the soundtrack's version a**