Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
YES! She's hilarious and sometimes I can't tell if she really actually means to be funny, or if we all just take it that way!!
Having spent a very small amount of time around her in person, she absolutely intends to be funny. I'm guessing you've seen the In Your Dreams documentary, but if not, she's just a giant goofball.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It might be easier for Stevie to talk about some of these topics in interviews now that both her parents have passed. Sometimes for some people it's almost a role reversal as one's parents get older to try to protect them. It's also not surprising that Stevie is protective of the children with regards to what she writes. I suspect after Mick, Carol Ann and Ken's books, Stevie is quite aware of the reaction people had. She may come off as a flake sometimes, but I suspect she is well aware of the fallout that comes from the written word. Stevie tells a lot in her music-- we've all seen that over the years. When I read the words to Fall From Grace it seemed clear she was keeping confidences--and apparently at the request of "him," whoever that might be.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think she just doesn't care anymore, her parents are no longer here.....so let it rip.
I'm calling Mama out...B@## S*&* on the "husbands not being ready" Mama's not ready for the freakshow that would erupt when she spilled the beans....she'd be eaten alive by the vulture's.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
It might be easier for Stevie to talk about some of these topics in interviews now that both her parents have passed. Sometimes for some people it's almost a role reversal as one's parents get older to try to protect them. It's also not surprising that Stevie is protective of the children with regards to what she writes. I suspect after Mick, Carol Ann and Ken's books, Stevie is quite aware of the reaction people had. She may come off as a flake sometimes, but I suspect she is well aware of the fallout that comes from the written word. Stevie tells a lot in her music-- we've all seen that over the years. When I read the words to Fall From Grace it seemed clear she was keeping confidences--and apparently at the request of "him," whoever that might be.
Whoever that might be? She's discussed FFG a few times in detail, talking about how it's about Lindsey...

2001:
“Fall From Grace is really about Fleetwood Mac onstage— that’s always mostly going to be about me and Lindsey, just about our energy and what a trip it is to be in Fleetwood Mac and walk up there onstage. It’s just, it’s grand, you know? It’s a very grand thing. It’s nothing like your solo career. “

2005:
“Fall From Grace was a formal full-on poem…you know ‘maybe I worked this hard just to make sure you survive’…this was something.. and it doesn’t really matter, of course, I wrote that poem about Lindsey and Lindsey knows that and he doesn’t care. He loves being inspirational and he is and I am to him. So we laugh about that. So I write these really really heavy poems. I think I wrote most of that when we were out on the road on The Dance.”

2011:
"Angry song. Probably my angriest song ever. But, it has…it’s angry like ‘don’t jump off that cliff, don’t be an idiot.’ But, at the same time it’s like ‘because I don’t want you to be hurt.’" [Interviewer talks]

"No, that song’s about Lindsey. Oh yeah. That’s after the Dance. I wrote that in 1998, 1998-99 that’s right after the Dance." [Interviewer: So, he still knows the buttons to push.] "Oh yeah, definitely. And he tries not to push them so much now because I really don’t like it and I don’t want to be angry with him now. But he knows how to get to me. But, I’m only saving him in that song." [Stevie quotes song, forgetting some words]

“But it basically says, you know as angry as I am at you, I’m really only trying to help you. So at the end when it comes to the end it basically turns the whole thing around. Almost like he does on Never Going Back Again. when he says you know, “I”m never going back again” and blah blah blah but then he says ‘but come around and see me again.’ So Fall From Grace is kinda like that.”

-

As for the not wanting to spill the beans and it affecting the wives (which she said something along those lines last year but in reference to Don and Lindsey in particular), maybe she should've thought that through when she spilled on Beautiful Child being about Derek Taylor, seeing as his widow (and their six children together) is still living and she was married to him from the time Stevie was ten until Derek's death in 1997, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 09-26-2014 at 08:15 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Ledgie

Do you think perhaps Goodbye Baby was about the child she lost with Don? I had not read where she expounded on Beautiful Child. I had always thought it was a song about a miscarriage or abortion. That and Goodbye Baby.
Well, I know where you go
To the edge of the night, baby
Don't give that to her
Baby, give that to me
Old 09-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Story now on the Daily Mail..

"'I would have named her Sara': Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks finally confirms rumour she was once pregnant with Don Henley's baby"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2772108/Fleetwood-Mac-s-Stevie-Nicks-finally-confirms-rumour-pregnant-Don-Henley-s-baby.html

Last edited by DauphineMarie; 09-27-2014 at 08:04 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
Story now on the Daily Mail..

"'I would have named her Sara': Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks finally confirms rumour she was once pregnant with Don Henley's baby"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2772108/Fleetwood-Mac-s-Stevie-Nicks-finally-confirms-rumour-pregnant-Don-Henley-s-baby.html
Also over Google news.heres some snapshots below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MWSnap0098 2014-09-27, 22_05_33.jpg (89.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg MWSnap0097 2014-09-27, 22_04_58566.jpg (65.7 KB, 18 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Also over Google news.heres some snapshots below.
This is great publicity! I am so excited
Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That was a crappy thing to ask her. Getting too much attention.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxEpiscopalian View Post
Do you think perhaps Goodbye Baby was about the child she lost with Don? I had not read where she expounded on Beautiful Child. I had always thought it was a song about a miscarriage or abortion. That and Goodbye Baby.
Beautiful Child she has said was inspired by her relationship with Derek Taylor.

As for Goodbye Baby, she hasn't discussed that. Personally, I think it's about a miscarriage but I understand why people seem to see it the other way instead. It was demo-ed as The Tower in 1976 I believe so... This is what the director of Destiny Rules said about it:

One of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded “Goodbye Baby”. That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-28-2014, 01:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I agree. Using that for the title of the article made it worse. Makes Billboard look like TMZ
Old 09-28-2014, 02:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
"3rd wives all under 30" my favorite quote! Those women are whores looking for a rich old sugar daddy waiting for them to die. Can't blame them though. I'd do the same thing.
Yup. Babies will be squirted out all around. The men need to mark their territory and the whores need lifelong financial support. That's how it works. Nothing new under the sun.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

John doesn't get to write/sing about anybody
poor john

that Stevie. she's classic.
but hearing her use "MO" ... that cracked me up the most.

thanks for the posting
Old 09-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa W View Post
I agree. Using that for the title of the article made it worse. Makes Billboard look like TMZ
I had the same reaction at first- what gall it took to ask her that question! But I also firmly believe that all the questions Stevie answers on the record are absolutely defined & filtered by her publicist & management. So if Stevie wasn't ok with this question being asked & her answer published, it never would have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Beautiful Child she has said was inspired by her relationship with Derek Taylor.
I have to admit, when Stevie confessed that a while back, it was one of the few times I wish she'd kept the mystery alive. Unfortunately, it kind of sullied the song for me.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I have to admit, when Stevie confessed that a while back, it was one of the few times I wish she'd kept the mystery alive. Unfortunately, it kind of sullied the song for me.
In light of all her 'not going to tell things because WIVES!', she maybe could've kept her mouth shut slightly longer. His wife is still alive, so far as I know, and they were married from when Stevie was ten until Derek died in 1997 so... *shrugs* That one was a surprise to me, though. At least I was well familiar with the person involved for once, being an absolute Beatles obsessive. #silverlining