User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I hope that is not true That's just ignorant .
People get so butt hurt. I thought it was funny
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
It was a funny and innocent joke; no free pass needed. If someone doesn't have the ability to discern humor from insensitivity and insult, I feel very sorry for them.
Well said! Relax Oliver take a deep breath
Old 09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
People get so butt hurt. I thought it was funny
AS PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED as a Jew who has had to endure every form of ignorance and racism over my religion I'm a bit touchy .
Old 09-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Well said! Relax Oliver take a deep breath
It's Olive and again .... as a Jew who has had to endure every form of ignorance and racism over my religion I'm a bit touchy .
Old 09-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Well, the song was released on a Vanessa album from a few years ago. Here's the album booklet which includes the writing credits. It says "All songs written by Vanessa Carlton except:" and then lists a few co-writes.

No mention of Stevie at all. It seems illegal and also just plain unlikely that Stevie would've written or co-written a song and gone uncredited.
I never suspected Stevie had anything to do with song. Lots of interesting theories though! I will forever consider it as the bastard child; the interloper among her vault songs.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
"'This needs to be heard. One day I will record it and put it on my album, because no one ever listens to any of your releases."

Michele
did Stevie really say that? Again, she probably didn't mean anything hurtful but that's really a terrible thing to say to a songwriter.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
did Stevie really say that? Again, she probably didn't mean anything hurtful but that's really a terrible thing to say to a songwriter.
No, she didn't say that. I made it up in response to something another poster wrote.

Michele
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I'm sure it was a joke
Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The Examiner notes that this is Stevie's 1oth solo album, the first solo album after the "highly successful" In Your Dreams.

It's 12 albums if you include her 3 compilations and sessions album. Otherwise it's 8 albums. They were wrong twice!
Well they probably meant highly successful as in it was a top 10 hit. It didn't go Gold but many albums these days don't.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
Well they probably meant highly successful as in it was a top 10 hit. It didn't go Gold but many albums these days don't.
Groovy! I can accept that reasoning!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The One was on Vanessa's album prior to White Rabbits on the Run..Stevie sang on that as well.
Just listened to Vanessa's studio cut of this song and Stevie is DEFINITELY on that recording....singing the same low chorus vocal.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Registered

Default I found a good article regarding Carousel

http://www.examiner.com/article/stev...-song-carousel

Stevie Nicks unveils preview of new song 'Carousel'

Stevie Nicks continues to build anticipation for her upcoming studio album 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault. The Fleetwood Mac star's latest teaser clip offering is a reworking of a song written by Vanessa Carlton called "Carousel."

Stevie Nicks unveils preview of new song 'Carousel' from upcoming album '24 Karat Gold'
Wikimedia Commons/Reprise
The two-time Grammy winner posted the video on Sept. 5 at her official Facebook page. The 15 second clip reveals the "Edge of 17" hitmaker performing the chorus of the mid-tempo ballad with Nick's singing, "And all you'll hear is the music/And beauty stands before you/And love comes back around again/It's a carousel, my friend."

Nicks and Carlton are friends and the pair have previously performed the song together live. The track is the only non-Nicks composition to be previewed from the album thus far.

With the exception of "Carousel," the album is a collection of self-penned songs, which the pop diva recorded over the years, but never released on an album. Co-produced by Nicks along with ex-Eurythmics co-frontman Dave Stewart and longtime Nick's bandmember and session guitarist Waddy Wachtel, the tracks were newly recorded in Nashville and mixed in Los Angeles.

Nicks previously previewed eight other tracks from the album earlier this month, including "The Dealer," "If You were My Love," "Mabel Normand," "Belle Fleur," "All the Beautiful Worlds," "Lady," "I Don't Care" and "Hard Advice." "24 Karat Gold" is available for pre-order and will be released Oct. 7 on the Reprise label. Click here for more information.

The diminutive songstress will hit the road this fall with the reunited Fleetwood Mac classic line-up, which will include the newly rejoined Christine McVie. The tour kicks off the tour in on Sept. 20 in Minneapolis, Minneapolis, at Target Centre and wrap up in on Dec. 14 in Dallas, Texas, at American Airlines Centre. For more information, click here.

Did you know? 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault is Stevie Nicks 10th solo album and a follow up to her highly successful 2011 studio album In Your Dreams.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"pop diva"? I'd never refer to Nicks as a "pop diva", the writer must be high. Nicks is a rock artist, one of the best of the modern rockers from the 70s/80s. And "10th solo album"?

1. Bella Donna
2. Wild Heart
3. Rock a Little
4. The Other Side of the Mirror
5. Timespace
6. Street Angel
7. Enchanted
8. Trouble in Shangri-La
9. Crystal Visions
10. The Soundstage Sessions
11. In Your Dreams
12. 24 Karat Gold

It's either Nicks' 12th album if you count them all, or her 11th if you eliminate the live album, or her 8th if you count only studio albums. I guess the writer got to 10 by counting the studio albums plus the two hits collections.....but that seems odd. How are 'Enchanted' and 'The Soundstage Sessions' "less official"? Oh well - I'd probably count it as her 8th album, thinking of the hits collections, the box set retrospective, and the live album as all "collections" albums of one kind or another.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
Just listened to Vanessa's studio cut of this song and Stevie is DEFINITELY on that recording....singing the same low chorus vocal.

Stevie is credited in the liner notes of "Heroes And Thieves" several times...Stevie is also responsible for sequencing "Heroes And Thieves" "Rabbits On The Run" and Vanessa's upcoming "Lieberman" LP...Vanessa refers to her as "The Mistress Of Song Order"

So now we know that Stevie had a wonderful reason for including "Carousel" on a record of old demos...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ran across this. Stevie look like she's signing Vanessa's marriage certificate.