The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Fantastic album from start to finish. The only song I'm not quite into as a stand-alone is IYWML, but it fits well on the album as a whole. Stevie sounds fantastic.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do Not Post Notes About Private Messaging Songs From This Album To Each Other.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OooMissionary View Post
Fantastic album from start to finish. The only song I'm not quite into as a stand-alone is IYWML, but it fits well on the album as a whole. Stevie sounds fantastic.
That's one of the best songs!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just heard the whole song of Mabel Normand. This song is so frickin' awesome. Who would have thought RAL Stevie would translate so well now? It totally does. It's so different from anything she's done in the last ten years. This song is superb.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My vinyl copy just arrived at the office. With much anticipation, I opened the box and carefully slipped the vinyl jacket and it's contents out of the plastic shrinkwap.....only to discover, much to my horror, that WB really cheaped out and put the records in plain white paper sleeves.

Plain paper sleeves will scratch your records. They will leave scuff marks, more and more, the more times you slide those records in and out of them.

I hate these white paper sleeves. They will end up in the trash when I get home, replaced with scratch-free anti-static MoFi sleeves. I wish the records had come in glossy printed sleeves.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
My vinyl copy just arrived at the office. With much anticipation, I opened the box and carefully slipped the vinyl jacket and it's contents out of the plastic shrinkwap.....only to discover, much to my horror, that WB really cheaped out and put the records in plain white paper sleeves.

Plain paper sleeves will scratch your records. They will leave scuff marks, more and more, the more times you slide those records in and out of them.

I hate these white paper sleeves. They will end up in the trash when I get home, replaced with scratch-free anti-static MoFi sleeves. I wish the records had come in glossy printed sleeves.
Solution : just leave it on the turntable .
Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Registered

Mabel Normand rocks!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
Solution : just leave it on the turntable .
It will probably stay there for a little bit, but not long. I listen to mostly vinyl, so the turntable gets a lot of action.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It will probably stay there for a little bit, but not long. I listen to mostly vinyl, so the turntable gets a lot of action.
What kind of turntable do you have? I have a Kenwood KD-12 RB from around 1984. It was having issues with sound dropping out of one speaker or the other. I found out that if would touch the parametric controller it would sometimes fix the sound. When I ordered this album ,I also ordered a good copy of The Wild Heart. The Wild Heart played good on my system. Now I played this album at least 5 times it sounds flawless. I was taking a risk on buying new vinyl for unit that may not work.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Senior Ledgie

All The Beautiful Worlds is sex. That is all Seriously though, this song...I'm in love
Old 09-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Do Not Post Notes About Private Messaging Songs From This Album To Each Other.
Please explain.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenground View Post
All The Beautiful Worlds is sex. That is all Seriously though, this song...I'm in love
Baby give that to me

Old 09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Please explain.
Michele was very straightforward, so I'm not sure what you're confused about, but how's this: do not converse publicly about distributing/sharing audio files of the songs via PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Miller View Post
What kind of turntable do you have? I have a Kenwood KD-12 RB from around 1984. It was having issues with sound dropping out of one speaker or the other. I found out that if would touch the parametric controller it would sometimes fix the sound. When I ordered this album ,I also ordered a good copy of The Wild Heart. The Wild Heart played good on my system. Now I played this album at least 5 times it sounds flawless. I was taking a risk on buying new vinyl for unit that may not work.
I'm using a Sony from Best Buy. PSLX300USB; it's a standard old-school component turntable, but also connects to a PC for needledrops, although I have yet to use it for that. It sounds great and has a built-in preamp, but the needle doesn't seem to be upgradeable, and it doesn't have a weight adjustment dial. But, it was 99 bucks and I've been happy with it so far. I'll upgrade it in a few years, but it's holding up well so far.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
much to my horror, that WB really cheaped out and put the records in plain white paper sleeves.

It just occurred to me this morning about what I might do if the record skips. I haven't had to face this dilemma since the early 1990's. LOL So far I have only listened to side 4 because I HAD to hear Blue Water first. Every song on side four skips. The problem could be the record or the fact that I have a very old turntable.