User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Interesting that she says she was happy during OSOTM, because the songs aren't are among some of her darkest.

Of course it's entirely possible a lot of that material was written over the couple of years (or more) before she actually went into the studio.
I don't understand her comment about her happiness at that time either. From 1987 to 1989 she seemed totally exhausted and out of it and she didn't look good. I never associate this time frame as a happy period for Stevie and I'm SO surprised that she rates The Other Side of the Mirror that highly as I think it sounds terribly outdated and most of the songs are not memorable and are pretty dreary. A surprising comment from her I think.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to see SW back in the set. Should be interesting to hear it live with Lindsey.

I still can't believe this reunion of the FIVE is taking place. It's even more amazing than The Dance Reunion. How exciting!!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I realize that it has been said before but, OMG that outfit is HIDEOUS! Why, Stevie, Why? Fire your designer already. Such a beautiful woman with closets full of stunning (and expensive) clothes why would you be seen in that??? Not flattering at all!
I agree. That top -- I get the goal- cover up some of the fullness we get with age, but man it's SOOOO big and frilly it creates the very impression that it's trying to camouflage, and then some. Makes her look like she's fat under that, and she's not. It could be tailored better on the side seams. Or under the bust, so it doesn't look like her bustling is gone. But, maybe she likes it.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But, maybe she likes it.
Well, if she doesn't like it, that would be really troubling. Michele
Old 09-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, if she doesn't like it, that would be really troubling. Michele
you never know. Karen might come in and lay out her clothes for her and threaten her with no going out to play until she gets dressed.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great interview. Kudos to Rob Sheffield for avoiding some of the tired questions and having fun with her. If more interviewers would count Stand Back twirls, talk about the top hat, and bring up deep cuts from TOSOTM, we'd hear a lot more interesting stuff from Stevie.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
wow. Wish I would have known there was a setlist spoiler in that article but oh well. I'm really shocked and happy that Seven Wonders is back. It was only ever played on the Tango tour. Hopefully it will stay...
Yeah I'm really bummed that I now know about Seven Wonders.Now when I hear the first few notes at the show I can't scream,"OH MY GOD!I CAN'T F***ING BELIEVE IT!" Oh well,not much I can do about it now
Old 09-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Ooh My Love"

"Ooh My Love" is one of my favorite songs. Me too, Stevie. So let's include it in your next solo tour and make us both happy. Can't believe this song was even mentioned - and in Rolling Stone.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I realize that it has been said before but, OMG that outfit is HIDEOUS! Why, Stevie, Why? Fire your designer already. Such a beautiful woman with closets full of stunning (and expensive) clothes why would you be seen in that??? Not flattering at all!
I totally agree, this outfit reminds of a cinema with the long satin drapes, just as the main film starts the curtains slowly draw back...........that is what the trousers/leggings look like to me. The top is layered frou-frou tiers presumably to cover too many puddings.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
Yeah I'm really bummed that I now know about Seven Wonders.Now when I hear the first few notes at the show I can't scream,"OH MY GOD!I CAN'T F***ING BELIEVE IT!" Oh well,not much I can do about it now
I have to wait until the very last show, so I was counting on no spoilers, but I actually said exactly what you suggested when I accidentally saw the setlist.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
That's one of my favorites, too. In fact, The Other Side of the Mirror is probably my favorite album. It was a really intense record. I had gotten away from the cocaine in 1986. I spent a year writing those songs. I was drug-free, and I was happy.
Well PUT IT IN YOUR SETLIST THEN, WOMAN! Infact, anything from OSOTM! It's been 14 years!

But seriously, OSOTM is her favourite album? Alright then... why?
Old 09-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i don't even know what to comment about this
i crack up every time i read another line from her.

glad Mirror is getting some love.

and a cage for her tophat ...

she's like everyone's crazy old aunt
Old 09-28-2014, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

There was more to the Rolling Stone Q&A, continued on another page. This was posted on FleetwoodMacNews.com.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rolling Stone Interview

Here you go: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...ngham-20141002

Interesting tidbits:

Rob Sheffield says in the last few years Nicks has made two of her best solo albums (TISL and IYD)....I agree totally.

Nicks says her favorite album is TOSOTM, referring to it as "the last good record I made" prior to the Klonopin haze. She considers SA a "wreck" because of Klonopin.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The two albums he's referring to are In Your Dreams and 24 Karat Gold, not Trouble In Shanri-La.

I agree, I think her two Dave Stewart albums are right up there with Bella Donna and Wild Heart.