Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Default Steal Your Heart Away...

Does anyone remember this being on the DVD?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Does anyone remember this being on the DVD?
That sounded great, Brandon. Should have been the title of the SYW CD.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah I always thought SYW should've been called "Peacekeeper"... or ... something else at least

Anyway... I don't recall that video being on Buckingham's Soundstage DVD... I've certainly never seen it before.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

Anyway... I don't recall that video being on Buckingham's Soundstage DVD... I've certainly never seen it before.
It's one of the two bonus songs.
The other being I Am Waiting.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

damm you lildemon, you TEAZE.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Best modern mac song (solo or whatevs)?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Apr 20, 2015 Music by Benmont Tench

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/...xclusive-song/

Watkins Family Hour Covers Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Steal Your Heart Away’ (Exclusive Song)

After 13 or so years of public rehearsals, the Watkins Family Hour is taking their show on the road this summer—and they’ve recorded an album to go with it. The group, featuring Sara and Sean Watkins, Fiona Apple, Benmont Tench, Don Heffington, Greg Leisz and Sebastian Steinberg, premiere their version of Fleetwood Mac’s song “Steal Your Heart Away” today on Speakeasy.

Perhaps best known as members of progressive bluegrass band Nickel Creek, the Watkins siblings started the Watkins Family Hour in 2002 as a monthly residency at Largo at the Coronet in Los Angeles where they and their musical friends would play cover versions of songs they loved. “Steal Your Heart Away” has been part of their repertoire for a long time, Sara Watkins says, after she first heard the tune on a mix CD her friend Davíd Garza gave her.

“The whole CD was a terrific collection of songs, but ‘Steal Your Heart Away’ sounded like a classic and perfect for the Family Hour,” she says. “We’ve played this song for years and years now. I remember when we first worked it up, it just seemed to play itself.”

The Watkins Family Hour doesn’t radically reinterpret the tune, which appeared on Fleetwood Mac’s 2003 album “Say You Will.” With Sara Watkins on lead vocals, the song is a little faster and punchier, with an arrangement that emphasizes her violin and deep chords from Tench on piano. (Tench plays with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, while Steinberg was part of Soul Coughing. Leisz on guitar and Heffington on drums have contributed to dozens of albums by artists including Emmylou Harris, Sheryl Crow and Lucinda Williams.)

The group’s self-titled debut also includes version of the Grateful Dead’s “Brokedown Palace,” Bob Dylan’s “Going Going Gone,” Gordon Lightfoot’s “Early Morning Rain” and Roger Miller’s “Not in Nottingham” from the soundtrack to Disney’s 1973 animated film “Robin Hood.”

“The Watkins Family Hour” is due July 24 on Family Hour Records/Thirty Tigers. They’ll kick off their first tour the same day at the Newport Folk Festival in Rhode Island and then make their way west and then south before closing the road trip Sept. 15 in Athens, Ga. See their full itinerary below. What do you think of “Steal Your Heart Away?” Leave your thoughts in the comments.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a very Nice cover...

Old 04-21-2015, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
That's a very Nice cover...
How can that be a cover? It's his own song. It's just a matter of circumstance that it landed on a Fleetwood Mac record. I may be mistaken, but doesn't Christine actually sing on it?

I can only imagine how great it would be if they performed it on their current tour, with Christine and Stevie singing the backgrounds. I'll always be frustrated how they constrain their live performances with the same old songs, with the mindset that their audiences only want to hear the old hits and staples. They could create new, fresher staples if they just committed to them. This song would be a stand out performance.

They have so much untapped and unsung material to work with. Half of their set should have newer material, or at least songs never performed before.
Lindsey is the only one in the band who ventures in that direction, but still, he has a self-imposed pressure to perform the same songs all the time. I would love for him to forgo Big Love for something else.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-21-2015 at 10:03 PM..
Old 04-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow PenguinHead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
How can that be a cover? It's his own song. It's just a matter of circumstance that it landed on a Fleetwood Mac record. I may be mistaken, but doesn't Christine actually sing on it?
Gerald was commenting on the cover that the group, Watkins Family Hour, did which was posted in Michele's post above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead
I would love for him to forgo Big Love for something else.
Me too, but it will never happen. He's so proud of his acoustic version, as well he SHOULD be, but I'd love to hear something new and fresh.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:07 AM
Ledgie

Why doesn't he ever play this live?

Also, where is this from? I haven't seen it on Destiny Rules unless I just missed it for some reason. It seems to be incomplete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo9SRoyz1bM
Old 12-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Why doesn't he ever play this live?

Also, where is this from? I haven't seen it on Destiny Rules unless I just missed it for some reason. It seems to be incomplete:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo9SRoyz1bM
As referenced above, it is on the Lindsey Buckingham Soundstage with Special Guest Stevie Nicks. This was an “extra” on the DVD along with I am Waiting (Rolling Stones cover, studio version released later).
Old 12-03-2017, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it looks like the same trailer he was sitting in when he did the interview in DR doc after they'd finished recording but had been fighting about the tour.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
As referenced above, it is on the Lindsey Buckingham Soundstage with Special Guest Stevie Nicks. This was an “extra” on the DVD along with I am Waiting (Rolling Stones cover, studio version released later).
Actaully, this trailer performance was on the Say You Will special edition as a CD-ROM extra. Lovely version.