The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't much care for Dreams either. Nor do I care much for Over & Over. I think You'll Never Make Me Cry is beautiful though.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I don't much care for Dreams either. Nor do I care much for Over & Over. I think You'll Never Make Me Cry is beautiful though.
I knew you would react to that . Well, I LOVE Dreams, and Over & Over is beautiful, to me, just as Honey Hi and Brown Eyes. Those 3 songs are the reason why I don't understand the ones who say that Christine's contribution on Tusk was weak.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Everytime I watch this performance, I know why I'm a Stevie Nicks fan .
YAY ! And Tusk is my favorite album, and mostly because of Nicks' contribution. Well, not really, cause I love every single song on it, except for Never make me cry and That's enough for me.
I got a question for you, do you have a preference between Lindsey, Stevie and Chris ? (if you say that you don't, I won't believe you !)
Hmmmm...I gotta do something I did in this Facebook group I'm in for Led Zeppelin (it's called And God Said, Let The Be Rock. And There Was Led Zeppelin) when I was asked who was my favorite member: do a breakdown of what i like about each person. I do like all for their songwriting abilities.

Stevie is the ultimate rock goddess that never fails to blow me away with her vocals on some live performances, namely Rhiannon.

Lindsey is one of my big guitar heroes that still leaves me shocked with his fingerpicking (and the fact that he's easy on the eyes helps too lol).

Christine has a gorgeous voice IMO and to me, is a bit of a female Steven Tyler (he's one of my favorite lead singers): in terms of songwriting, they could both write a beautiful ballad or a fun rocker whenever they feel like it.

Now, for who I like the most, I can't really decide, but I might go with Lindsey cause I've always had a bit of a bias towards the lead guitarist in bands (I've always thought that was the coolest thing you could do in a band, especially when you do it well). Oh yeah, and the fact that he's such a great singer, songwriter, and producer, along with his hotness helps too lol.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I knew you would react to that . Well, I LOVE Dreams, and Over & Over is beautiful, to me, just as Honey Hi and Brown Eyes. Those 3 songs are the reason why I don't understand the ones who say that Christine's contribution on Tusk was weak.
I have to react, I'm loving Chris enough for all the Stevie lovers here

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Hmmmm...I gotta do something I did in this Facebook group I'm in for Led Zeppelin (it's called And God Said, Let The Be Rock. And There Was Led Zeppelin) when I was asked who was my favorite member: do a breakdown of what i like about each person. I do like all for their songwriting abilities.

Stevie is the ultimate rock goddess that never fails to blow me away with her vocals on some live performances, namely Rhiannon.

Lindsey is one of my big guitar heroes that still leaves me shocked with his fingerpicking (and the fact that he's easy on the eyes helps too lol).

Christine has a gorgeous voice IMO and to me, is a bit of a female Steven Tyler (he's one of my favorite lead singers): in terms of songwriting, they could both write a beautiful ballad or a fun rocker whenever they feel like it.

Now, for who I like the most, I can't really decide, but I might go with Lindsey cause I've always had a bit of a bias towards the lead guitarist in bands (I've always thought that was the coolest thing you could do in a band, especially when you do it well). Oh yeah, and the fact that he's such a great singer, songwriter, and producer, along with his hotness helps too lol.

Yeah, lead guitarist is too cool !
I agree about everything that you said, except that I would have had Stevie's songwriting abilities, and the fact that Lindsey is on fire on stage. Today, he's the reason why Fleetwood Mac still kicks ass live.
As for Christine, you're right. I think that, at the end of the day, she's the most eclectic and probably the best songwriter in the band.
I like the fact that you insist on Lindsey's hotness haha ! And I surely agree.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I have to react, I'm loving Chris enough for all the Stevie lovers here
(, waiiit, I made a Christine-compliment in my last post...and I meant it !)
Old 05-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, lead guitarist is too cool !
I agree about everything that you said, except that I would have had Stevie's songwriting abilities, and the fact that Lindsey is on fire on stage. Today, he's the reason why Fleetwood Mac still kicks ass live.
As for Christine, you're right. I think that, at the end of the day, she's the most eclectic and probably the best songwriter in the band.
I like the fact that you insist on Lindsey's hotness haha ! And I surely agree.
I forgot about those. I was tyring to write in a pinch cause I had to go out to pick up dinner. Yeah, Stevie is a great songwriter (her finest lyrics are definitely on Storms) and Lindsey is nuts on stage (he may not be as technically proficient as Mark Knopfler, but he's way better in all other areas). Hell, he is really part of the reason why many people still consider the Mac to be one of the best live bands around (ever watch some of the stuff from when those 2 John Stamos lookalies played guitar? The Chain just didn't quite sound the same.).

As for songwriting abilities, they're all great in their different ways and styles. Stevie can use all kinds of cool symbolism and imagery (and make my head hurt trying to figure all of it out lol), Lindsey while he does use simple lyrics (that do have a deep meaning), can really express his emotions through his guitar (especially on that guitar solo with vocals we know as I'm So Afraid), and Chris can come up with a million different ways of saying something as simple as I love you.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
In the meantime, I have a huge question I must ask of you that many a FMac fan debate and have trouble answering: Rumours or Tusk?
Tusk - despite it feeling like I'm splitting hairs, the answer's easy for me. However, I made the best compilation ever (yes, I'm humble) of Fleetwood Mac (1975) and Rumours, which effectively equals Tusk for me.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, JTIS that if Lindsey and I don't work out...i'm marrying Mr. John Fogerty...

HAWT!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not if i get to him first Miranda I grew up on his music. God i love him.

Mick

-Tom Waits

Last edited by bluefox4000; 05-15-2010 at 09:56 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
not if i get to him first Miranda I grew on his music. God i love him.

Mick
I'll fight you for him, i swear! LOL groovin to Willy and the Poor Boys, and then Green River is gonna play next!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OOHH Green River.......LOVE Wrote a song for Everyone. Pure beauty.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Registered

Went out and shot some pool with Boy What Carries Things and another friend. Ate large hamburger. Now closing the evening out by watching The Wall: Live in Berlin, from 1990, because I never get tired of watching Cyndi Lauper b0und around the stage in knee socks and huge hair.

All in all, a good night, I should think. JTIS.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Now closing the evening out by watching The Wall: Live in Berlin, from 1990, because I never get tired of watching Cyndi Lauper b0und around the stage in knee socks and huge hair.
Doesn't get much better than Snowy White and Rick DiFonzo's Comfortably Numb
Old 05-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
I'll fight you for him, i swear! LOL groovin to Willy and the Poor Boys, and then Green River is gonna play next!

Since you're taking John Fogerty, could I now travel back in time so I could have Tusk-era Lindsey?