The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK- I am enjoying this SO MUCH MORE as a whole album vs. the individual songs I've heard. In the context of the album I even enjoy Feel About You, despite the trite as hell lyrics.

THIS IS GOOD STUFF!!!
Old 06-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

CBS report this morning!
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/fleetw...or-duet-album/
Old 06-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I've listened to the album on Spotify all morning.

Favourites are Too Far Gone, On With the Show and Carnival Begin.

Special mention to Game of Pretend

Everything I could have hoped for, but too short, so 9/10

Edit: If they're not going to play the whole album and instead play 8 songs, chop Sleeping Around the Corner and Red Sun (great song, but forgettable, bit too light and airy - and SATC is a solo song not a Mac/BuckVie song)
SATC a solo song because it was released as a bonus track on a specific version of his last solo album? (and wasn't it also labeled as a demo?). Seems to me like they decided to complete an unfinished song and officially release it. In My World doesn't appear to feature Christine in any audible way, wouldn't that also be a solo song? How many Lindsey songs in the past were just him with Mick and John, if even them? In one of his recent interviews when asked about the difference between a FM song and a solo song or BM, he answered saying (paraphrased) its a Fleetwood Mac song when its labeled a Fleetwood Mac song. That's pretty much it.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really enjoying this. It's just great to have it in the house! I'm getting so many frissons of delight at its utter Fleetwood Mac-ness.

'Too Far Gone' is wonderful - it's a classic Christine melody and vocal, it has that proper chewy Lindsey guitar sound, and I love Mick's insane drum breaks.

'Game of Pretend' has a Carpenters feel to it to my ears, which is no bad thing, and it's nicely played and sung. I love the middle section in particular, but on first hearing I'd say it's probably the song I'll turn to least.

Love Lindsey's singing on 'On With The Show'. Gorgeous chorus too, with lovely harmonising.

I'm still a big flag-waver for 'In My World', and I love it more and more all the time.

'Carnival Begin' is a major favourite too. I love the 'I'm So Afraid' feel; the production is at its lushest here - that classic Mac layering of sound. So moody and atmospheric! A perfect closer to the album.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Not that I'd necessarily go for this particular shot. I love it and think it would have been great on the back cover. However, Lindsey does tend to look a bit like Mr Bean

The more I think about it the more I think it would have been great on the back cover with the track listing down the middle.
Who knows, maybe it is.

Just got in from work. Just opened the package...BINGO

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I was so excited for today to arrive. When I got home from work today I went to the front porch but sadly no CD
About an hour ago when I was eating dinner, there was a knock at the door and bingo, there it was.
Listening to it now as I type this...
Its been awhile since I bought a new CD. No plastic case. No lyrics enclosed either.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-09-2017 at 04:38 PM..
Old 06-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Happy Buckvie Day Everybody!
We are truly blessed!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
We are truly blessed!
Yes, indeed! Thanks, Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listened to it streaming a few times but then wanted to wait until the CD came. Those of you who have it does it sound a lot better? BTW I can't for the life of me figure out why Christine's keyboard a la Hold Me is so buried in the mix of Red Sun??? Why would you do that Lindsey?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Listened to it streaming a few times but then wanted to wait until the CD came. Those of you who have it does it sound a lot better? BTW I can't for the life of me figure out why Christine's keyboard a la Hold Me is so buried in the mix of Red Sun??? Why would you do that Lindsey?
Not sure if it sounds better but I tend to play CDs more and dissect the songs more. It takes awhile to really appreciate an album for me. I just love having a physical copy and knowing I counted as a stat in the charts.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
SATC a solo song because it was released as a bonus track on a specific version of his last solo album? (and wasn't it also labeled as a demo?). Seems to me like they decided to complete an unfinished song and officially release it. In My World doesn't appear to feature Christine in any audible way, wouldn't that also be a solo song? How many Lindsey songs in the past were just him with Mick and John, if even them? In one of his recent interviews when asked about the difference between a FM song and a solo song or BM, he answered saying (paraphrased) its a Fleetwood Mac song when its labeled a Fleetwood Mac song. That's pretty much it.
Well seeing as they're doing only 8 songs (why not do all 10? It's only 6 extra minutes added to the show) ...I agree about In My World sounding like a solo track, more so than SATC so if they want to drop In My World I'd be happy with that.

Much against the opinions here, I really enjoy Feel About You. I think the lyrics are endearing and the pauses in the music make you want more, so catchy.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry Listening to the CD....on YOUTUBE.

Got my two CDs in the mail today and stuck one of them into my Macbook Pro all excited to listen....

...it got stuck in my laptop. I've tried all the tricks and NOPE. Will have to run to Apple Genius Bar this weekend. UGH.

Anyway, just to preface this review, my mother passed away on Sunday, so I'm emotionally fragile right now. I'm super thankful to have something exciting to listen to that is new and fresh. I need this escape from the sucky reality I am living right now.

This is a fantastic pop album. I know people are divided on the music, lyrics, album name ( ), cover photo, etc, but this is bringing so much excitement around these parts and is making me happy, even in my shattered world. I love music more than pretty much anything else and it has been my anchor in life since I was little bitty. It's my anchor now....majorly.

The melodies that spiral throughout, that (in)famous rhythm section, the catchy hooks, familiarity and newness combined make for a worthy listen. I think this is a fantastic driving CD and I can't wait to go on vacation (and boy, am I DUE for one) and pop this in.

The lyrics may not mean much to some, but we all hang on to certain lines when we are at different times in our lives. "wind blows, one way, time goes, but love is here to stay..." mean A LOT to me right now after this heavy loss.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wondergirl, I am SO SORRY your mother passed away. Mine passed quickly from ovarian cancer in 2008, and it's a horrible thing to lose your mother. Hugs and much love to you
Old 06-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just finished my initial listen...

Pure genius.

This is an incredible record. From beginning to end. I was drawn in with each and every song. Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are truly two of the greatest songwriters of the modern music era. Outstanding work by both of them. I will report more later, but I just have to say that this is the album Fleetwood Mac fans have waited decades for. I already think that the Buckingham/McVie album easily beats Say You Will (and I love many of the songs of Say You Will). This album feels cohesive...it is pop music (and production) at its most absolute, heartfelt, and sophisticated finest.

Last edited by Andy Man; 06-09-2017 at 10:40 PM..
Old 06-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This album isn't going to sell much and that's ok. It's a gift to us fans. I'm hoping at least a grammy nom would be nice but not likely. They deserve it. And to those that came in here early and said Stevie dodged a bullet, they could not have been MORE WRONG!