The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure it's entirely accurate to say they are most excited about SATC.... and I really hope their judgement doesn't tell them that that's the best song on there..

Lindsey needs to let songs go sometimes....like, did we really need Bleed to Love Her twice? No. Do we need SATC twice? No. I'd rather have heard new songs in both cases since we've heard them already. Maybe that's just me.

When I look at the time listings I think, there's a big part of my problem with IMW....4+ minutes?? Waaaay too long for that kind of bubbly pop ditty... I equate that with Holiday Road (similar type song-- catchy, nothing heavy, just a fun song) and that clocked in on the recorded version at 2:11. IMW should be no more than 3 minutes. Feel About You is more realistic at just under 3 and a half minutes....(I can't help thinking of the line "that's what I like about you" from The Romantics when I hear "Feel About You" ... .the title lines in both songs are very similar to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqnw5IfbZOU)
Old 05-30-2017, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://thefatangelsings.com/2017/05...kingham-mcvie/

The resulting collection features lovely, McVie led ballads like “Game of Pretend” and bright, chiming rockers like “On With the Show.”

Good to hear positivity for Game of Pretend. Wasn't that song criticized in another recent review?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There have been too bad reviews of Game of pretend, hopefully they were wrong!
Old 05-30-2017, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine's never done less than 7 out of 10. I'm sure she isn't going to start now.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-30-2017, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
There have been too bad reviews of Game of pretend, hopefully they were wrong!
Where was the second of those? I read the Uncut review, which called it "schmaltz".
Old 05-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Where was the second of those? I read the Uncut review, which called it "schmaltz".
Mojo review: "slightly cloying Game Of Pretend"

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-30-2017 at 08:39 PM..
Old 05-30-2017, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Mojo review: "slightly cloying Game Of Pretend"
Egads. That's not good. I respect Mojo and Uncut. Here's hoping one critic's slightly cloying is another fan's delight.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

it really should come as no surprise that there's going to be a certain amount of knives out for this project, sad and silly for sure, but there we are.

You wouldn't believe how many terrible reviews I've seen for Mystery To Me, and I have adored that album over 40 years and remember when it came out

Opinions are like ********, everybody's got one.

This new album is something I'm going to cherish for (hopefully) years to come. I'm thrilled they're sharing their talent with us yet again.

I'm good.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28507&utm_so...medium=twitter

Lindsey Buckingham Talks Christine McVie Studio Sessions, Fleetwood Mac Stadium Gigs

Lindsey Buckingham Talks Christine McVie Studio Sessions, Fleetwood Mac Stadium Gigs

MUSIC NEWS May 31, 2017 ,

Although the upcoming Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie album features Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie — Buckingham describes it as an entirely different animal than a full-scale Mac project. Buckingham and McVie’s self-titled album is due out on June 9th and will be supported by a 13-date tour, which kicks off on June 21st at Atlanta’s Chastain Park Amphitheatre and runs through July 27th at Denver’s Paramount Theatre.

Lindsey Buckingham began the new album on his own with both Fleetwood and John McVie back in 2014, and shed light on how the project progressed once he got a hold of Christine McVie’s bare-boned demos: “We didn’t go in saying ‘We’re making a duet album.’ We weren’t going in saying it was any particular thing, really — any more than Mick and John and I went in with (producer) Mitchell Froom. It was so clear to both of us; when someone leaves for 15 years and comes back, I would think more often than not, trying to regain that moment or that set of musical reference points, or the vocabulary that you shared, might have gone away and might be hard to re-establish, but in this case we started to realize there was something magical happening between the two of us and we began to get a little protective over that.”

Photo Courtesy of Mind Kit Records

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://www.wxhc.com/?p=28507&utm_so...medium=twitter

MUSIC NEWS May 31, 2017 ,

Although the upcoming Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie album features Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie — Buckingham describes it as an entirely different animal than a full-scale Mac project. Buckingham and McVie’s self-titled album is due out on June 9th and will be supported by a 13-date tour, which kicks off on June 21st at Atlanta’s Chastain Park Amphitheatre and runs through July 27th at Denver’s Paramount Theatre.

Lindsey Buckingham began the new album on his own with both Fleetwood and John McVie back in 2014, and shed light on how the project progressed once he got a hold of Christine McVie’s bare-boned demos: “We didn’t go in saying ‘We’re making a duet album.’ We weren’t going in saying it was any particular thing, really — any more than Mick and John and I went in with (producer) Mitchell Froom. It was so clear to both of us; when someone leaves for 15 years and comes back, I would think more often than not, trying to regain that moment or that set of musical reference points, or the vocabulary that you shared, might have gone away and might be hard to re-establish, but in this case we started to realize there was something magical happening between the two of us and we began to get a little protective over that.”

Photo Courtesy of Mind Kit Records

Strange.....I remember reading it was a Fleewood Mac album in the works waiting for Stevie's input.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Strange.....I remember reading it was a Fleewood Mac album in the works waiting for Stevie's input.
it was indeed..I think they are just engaging in some revisionist history.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
it was indeed..I think they are just engaging in some revisionist history.
As far as I am concerned, it is a FM album.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Something about Carnival Begin has felt hauntingly familiar.... and it's been bugging the heck out of me to figure out what it is. It reminds me of some other song.... and I think it's Isn't It Midnight. Not that the song part is the same but the turning into a guitar solo all through the end part. there are bits of the solo on CB that seem to come right out of IIM especially a few of the early bits. Like CB is the older slower version (older players that is). Does anyone else hear it??

Listening to IIM highlighted the kind of thing I have been disappointed by a bit in this new bunch of songs-- the part on IIM where Lindsey sings in the background "the face of a pretty girl". It's so obviously him, he's not blended into the mix, and the contrast of his voice popping up just adds another dimension to the song. (Like when Stevie's voice pops up singing "tell me liiiiieeesssss" on Little Lies). I still wish there were those clear moments of each of their voices on the other's songs or a nice blending of just the two voices, not a million overdubs, like on Think About Me or Don't Stop.

Ah well. We can't have everything.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Something about Carnival Begin has felt hauntingly familiar.... and it's been bugging the heck out of me to figure out what it is. It reminds me of some other song.... and I think it's Isn't It Midnight. Does anyone else hear it??
Nope not Isn't It Midnight. It's Behind The Mask. You can sing that song right over most of Carnival Begin. They're practically the same songs.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Am I losing my mind or is the NPR thread gone?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:10 AM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires.