User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Paula, what a gorgeous wedding! (A late) congrats!

You know, I was re-reading some of this thread, and I found myself thinking, "we all had a LOT of time on our hands"
My Lord - when I saw your name on the main page as responding to this thread - I thought we were getting more Ryan and the stuffed animal pics - which of course I loved

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default picture

Ok if this works....here is my halloween picture. I have dressed Stevie-ish on Halloween for the past 7 years, and this year has been my favorite. so...

~*~becky~*~

Last edited by WildInTheWind; 12-31-2004 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-31-2004, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Your wedding photos are fabulous! May I ask where the rock photos were taken? I love them. It looks like I might be photographing one of my friend's wedding. Nothing fancy and I don't have a fancy camera just my little Optio but I am always looking for new ideas. We kind of don't have those rocks here in RI however.

Anyway, you and your husband look really nice. Congrats on the wedding.
Patti,

Thanks! They were taken at The Valley Of Fire State Park in Nevada. My sister-in-law took the B&W's on her 35mm camera & the color pics on my old Kodak 2.1 megapixel digital. She's not a photographer or anything, but I was thrilled when I got the pics back. I am a BIG picture person, so that meant more to me than flowers, music, whatever...It was cool that we got married right under the stone arch.

A brief background - Mark and I have been together for 10 years, living together for 6. When we were younger, we always said "we'll never get married, why should we?" Then, it became "why shouldn't we?" I think when we first got together, we were definitely scared (his parents split when he was young, my parents aren't very happy, several friends/family members broke up over the years.) But after 10 years... So we were talking one night about our 10 year anniversary coming up & decided to celebrate it by getting hitched. We didn't tell anyone except my brother in AZ (who we were already planning to visit even before the wedding idea came up.) Oh, and Theresa (bikerchic) cuz I HAD to tell somebody & she doesn't know any of my family, so there was no chance of the news accidentally slipping out.

We were planning on going to go to Vegas for a few days, but I didn't really want a Britney "Vegas wedding." If we were going to do this, it had to be special, romantic & different. A friend of mine from work had mentioned the Red Rock Canyon & Valley of Fire weddings a few years ago, so I checked on the net & planned everything within a month before the big day. Got the rings a week before we left, bought my dress online, and Mark was thrilled that I didn't want him in a tux (In the desert? Even I'm not that cruel, lol.)

The limo picked us up at the hotel & drove us the hour to the park where we met the reverend. The ceremony took about 10 minutes, my brother videotaped it for us & his wife took the pics. We told everyone when we returned & they were all so happy that we finally did it, they weren't all that upset that we "eloped."

It was truly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. Thanks for all the compliments, I appreciate them! Here's a few more. Oh, and the last one, "treadmill," is my ode to Stand Back. I was on a people mover at Caesars and I could NOT resist - when would I EVER get a chance to do THAT again? Mark was about to die of embarassment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallpics0004.jpg (60.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg smallpics0010.jpg (60.2 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg smallpics0020.jpg (58.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg smallpics0019.jpg (69.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg treadmill.jpg (91.9 KB, 38 views)
Old 12-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedSLN
I know, me either! I just peeked at your wedding photos - wow. They are beautiful! I love the second one, especially. You guys make such a cute couple.

Thanks, sweetie! Actually, the second pic is probably my favorite of all, even though you can't even see our faces, lol! It just really captured the romance of it all for me.

And Greg - I think your highlights look great! Becky - I love to dress like Stevie too, I've done it at 2 shows & once for Halloween. Nice pic!
Old 12-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Cool picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind
Ok if this works....here is my halloween picture. I have dressed Stevie-ish on Halloween for the past 7 years, and this year has been my favorite. so...

~*~becky~*~
thanks for sharing with us...Ya better watch it though, There's folk here who have "Black Stevie Dress Envy"

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-31-2004, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Thanks, sweetie! Actually, the second pic is probably my favorite of all, even though you can't even see our faces, lol! It just really captured the romance of it all for me.

And Greg - I think your highlights look great! Becky - I love to dress like Stevie too, I've done it at 2 shows & once for Halloween. Nice pic!

Paula- what great photos!!! Thanks for sharing....but they made me so homesick for the desert lol....anyway gorgeous pics....
Old 12-31-2004, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default stevie dress

Well just let me know if you want to borrow it sometime Brian.

~*~becky~*~
Old 12-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
thanks for sharing with us...Ya better watch it though, There's folk here who have "Black Stevie Dress Envy"

Brian j.
Oh, no, has 1/2 Insane seen this pic yet? Careful, Becky!

For more info, see this thread: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=17389
Old 12-31-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default picture

Wow that is...interesting! Thanks for the link. But really...ruin my Stevie dress?!?! NEVER!!!

~*~Becky~*~
Old 12-31-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
My Lord - when I saw your name on the main page as responding to this thread - I thought we were getting more Ryan and the stuffed animal pics - which of course I loved
I wish I had more....I haven't been around a digital camera in a couple weeks though...
Old 12-31-2004, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Oh, no, has 1/2 Insane seen this pic yet? Careful, Becky!

For more info, see this thread: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=17389
NARC, NARC,NARC I love the dress. Rarrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInTheWind

~*~becky~*~
My word I may have that same black outfit - If I am not toooooooo dunrk I'llllll post

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default dress

Oh you must!!!

~*~becky~*~
Old 12-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
My word I may have that same black outfit - If I am not toooooooo dunrk I'llllll post
I have a similar picture that I took at a Click+Drag event (you should go to one next time your in NYC, they're faaaaaaaaaabulous), only I wasn't wearing it. The guy that had it on was wearing it under a leather corset and the dress itself was bright pink with big blue and yellow polka dots. The picture's hilarious because I was untying the corset and he was grabbing his crotch. He gave one of his fake boobs at the end of the night, one of those ones that looks like an actual sack of silicon.

Old 12-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Return Of Ryan!

My friend just came over without warning Maybe I can steal his digital camera for a minute...