User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Yes the you-tubers seem to love it. I scrolled through the comments and couldn't find a negative one. 354 thumbs up, and only 4 down.

Interesting how differently it's being received on here, compared to youtube
but so what if there are negative comments? People can say every mean thing they can think of about Stevie...it will never change my love for her.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 09-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I think because the video is unlisted, and only being watched by people who are actively going there via links on pretty specific websites, the comments are skewed somewhat. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve nice things to be said about her, but I don't think it's remotely representative of "youtube" as a whole.

I'm more used to the video now. It's still a baffling set of bad choices (centre a music video entirely around the a lip sync performance by a self-confessed awful lipsyncer?) but I'm just used to it now. I do hope we get some live clips of her just wailing on a piano at some point, though.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Oh my....snooze fest.......so sad. She needs to fire that dude.
For real,seriously.Think about it - what else would Dave really be doing now if it wasn't for Stevie's In Your Dreams,24 Karat and her videos?He's not exactly an "out there in the world"artist.It seems he is regaining his place in the music world by using Stevie as a stepping stone and taking it "for what it's worth".No wonder he seems to be so compliant with her -he doesn't want to mess up a good thing and he acts as though he's walking on egg shells - as she has said that he has no ego and the movie and making the movie was the best year of her life - he's cashing in on her and he is making a comeback IMO. Again IMO,his use of the internet for product promotion has been the only good he has done her
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I think because the video is unlisted, and only being watched by people who are actively going there via links on pretty specific websites, the comments are skewed somewhat. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve nice things to be said about her, but I don't think it's remotely representative of "youtube" as a whole.
Ah yes, that makes sense. I was just taken aback by so much positivity

Last edited by MoonSister75; 09-07-2014 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 09-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
For real,seriously.Think about it - what else would Dave really be doing now if it wasn't for Stevie's In Your Dreams,24 Karat and her videos?
Dave Stewart is actually in demand. He's widely regarded as a brilliant arranger of music and this is probably a large part of why Stevie has chosen to work with him. He works a lot.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
For real,seriously.Think about it - what else would Dave really be doing now if it wasn't for Stevie's In Your Dreams,24 Karat and her videos?He's not exactly an "out there in the world"artist.It seems he is regaining his place in the music world by using Stevie as a stepping stone and taking it "for what it's worth".No wonder he seems to be so compliant with her -he doesn't want to mess up a good thing and he acts as though he's walking on egg shells - as she has said that he has no ego and the movie and making the movie was the best year of her life - he's cashing in on her and he is making a comeback IMO. Again IMO,his use of the internet for product promotion has been the only good he has done her
If it was not for Dave Stewart we would not have any "In Your Dreams" No "IYD" documentary and no "24 Karat Gold"...We would probably still be waiting for Stevie to finish what was "IYD" 3 or 4 years and numerous producers later...Yes Dave is profiting from getting Stevie to get product out the door and good for him...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If it was not for Dave Stewart we would not have any "In Your Dreams" No "IYD" documentary and no "24 Karat Gold"...We would probably still be waiting for Stevie to finish what was "IYD" 3 or 4 years and numerous producers later...Yes Dave is profiting from getting Stevie to get product out the door and good for him...
seriously he' s the kick in the ass she's needed for a very long time I love that the production on this album was done as quickly as it was and so far it sounds fantastic she doesn't sound like a goat or on nasal
Old 09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
seriously he' s the kick in the ass she's needed for a very long time I love that the production on this album was done as quickly as it was and so far it sounds fantastic she doesn't sound like a goat or on nasal
You are exactly right there! God bless Dave Stewart for finally being the producer that gets Stevie to release albums more than once every 10 years. "In Your Dreams" was the best Stevie Nicks solo album since "Bella Donna", and Dave can take a lot of credit for that.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
of course the MAID bit comes in...again! LOL. I love how she starts singing and then doesn't seem to want to stop. I also find it intriguing how she would hum or sing (or whistle) the song throughout the years. I know Stevie's demos have stayed with me and probably a lot of fans through the years but it never dawned on me that they would be a part of Stevie's life as well. Just because she never recorded them officially doesn't mean she forgot about them. Good stuff!
She sounds funny sayingexactly ex - ac - il - ly.Also anyone else notice she's not wearing the pyramid or cresent moon necklaces?
Old 09-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Registered

I have asked this question so many times so maybe I will get an answer this time.

This video is unlisted. That means unless you have the link, you can't search it or watch it. When will it be released on itunes and on YouTube? Soon I hope
Old 09-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I have asked this question so many times so maybe I will get an answer this time.

This video is unlisted. That means unless you have the link, you can't search it or watch it. When will it be released on itunes and on YouTube? Soon I hope
Elle should only have exclusive rights to it for 24 hours. Warners should have at least made it public by now. Someone probably forgot about it over the weekend.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post

Not sure anyone here really knows the answer to your question.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

and exactly how many copies did IYD sell compared to Bella Donna ? lol, give me a break people, what a double standard SN sales are, when she sells millions, you celebrate that, when sells are very low, people break out the whole "artistic" excuse, yet when us LB fans would say OOTC is great, etc, all the SN fans would say "well it didnt sell" man, how times have changed and the sides have changed, now SN fans are using the whole "artistic" excuse for her lack of sales, dont get me wrong, I am not bashing anyone , etc, I am stating a opinion and a observation of many years, and who knows, maybe IYD or this 24 karat whatever are good records , I am simply going off of sales, which many , and i mean, many SN fans used to go off for YEARS, and to her credit, for some years, they had every right to do that, but lets be real here, maybe after what 1987 ? how many records has she really sold, be real people
Old 09-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Shut up, troll.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly! Not to mention this thread is about Stevie Nicks' fabulous new promo song & video "Lady" from her upcoming new record!
Troll along indeed!