The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the moment they pulled him in, it was clear that they not only had a guitarist, but also a musical director, arranger, songwriter and producer. A pain in the ass that brought them wealth and fame, not because he was an individualist, But because he could adapt three very distinct songwriterstyles in one sound, the man has listeningskills that are often overlooked. And he has always had the skills to let all individuals shine. Christine always was very cooperative, so he took her feedback serious. Miss Nicks has basicly not participated in the recording/soundbuilding process since 1982.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

From the comments section here (check them out, interesting discussion): http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...g-artwork.html

Quote:
Re: Fleetwood Mac EP "awaiting artwork approval"

To the person who runs this website: I am the person who posted this info and it is all true. As I said, I was backstage at MSG in the room set up for the dinner catering for the band and crew. Lindsey came in to eat with what seemed like his manager or agent and was sitting at the table next to me, not 5 feet away. And I heard a 20 minute conversation between them. And it appeared that this man has been with Lindsey a few years, but was asking him about his previous managers. You can add this following stuff to your listing:

Lindsey also said the EP would be probably black with a white Fleetwood Mac logo and have a small red EP written on it. Lindsey said that he and Stevie were photographed last fall when she came to his house for 4 days to sing on his songs and record "Without You", and John and Mick were photographed later by the same photographer. The band didn't like the photographer, and thought he wasn't very creative. The photos were then photoshopped together for the T Shirts, which the band also doesn't like, since they look too much like the 2003 T Shirt photos, that were then recycled in 2009. And that they would only do a new photo shoot if they in fact do record a full album. And they also think when the EP is released on ITunes it will appear so small on screen that photos won't look good and a simple black cover will appeal to younger fans. The manager told Lindsey that ITunes told them they are going to promote the EP heavily and that there is also a deal to release it with Starbucks. And that Rolling Stone and other media outlets want the EP ahead of its release so they can promote it.

Lindsey also talked about how Stevie was concerned about the band playing NYC because the New York Times gave them a terrible review in 2009. And he also talked to the manager about her not being sure if she wanted to write new songs and give them to Fleetwood Mac. But that she is warming up to the idea because of two reasons: 1: Her contract with Warner Bros. for her solo records ends after one more album. And she is now not in a hurry to put one out because she will then have to renegotiate a new contract and since "In Your Dreams" didn't sell that well, it would put her at a disadvantage. And she is beginning to think a Fleetwood Mac album may do better. And 2: While she is still publicly promoting the "In Your Dreams" documentary with Dave Sterwat and saying what a great time she had making the record with him, that personally she has become less thrilled with working with him again and is more open to having Lindsey produce a Mac album.

They also talked about the set design on the tour. They may loose the 4 large half oval lighting pieces that hang behind the band for part of the shows. They cost $50,000. a week and are not working well, but they don't want to offend the man who designed the entire stage set. That is still being decided by the band.

He also said that Stevie is singing the best she has in a while and that when they are performing the last song alone on stage together (Say Goodbye), he is really getting emotional since he has changed so much over that last 10 years since he wrote it about her.

Last edited by bluecalmsea; 04-14-2013 at 09:37 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's all nuts enough to be true. Suggests we have a LOOOOOONG way to go before that EP sees light of day. So it stands: no EP, no Stevie support.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
From the comments section here (check them out, interesting discussion): http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2013/0...g-artwork.html
Those are really good news!

I am really relieved that the band doesn't like the new photographs and t-shirts, too.

I love the thought of Stevie finally participating in a new Fleetwood Mac album.
It would be so great to get both an EP AND a new record!!!

I don't like the idea of loosing the oval pieces, because I really like them. But ok, I could live with that.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy-sara View Post
Those are really good news!

I am really relieved that the band doesn't like the new photographs and t-shirts, too.

I love the thought of Stevie finally participating in a new Fleetwood Mac album.
It would be so great to get both an EP AND a new record!!!

I don't like the idea of loosing the oval pieces, because I really like them. But ok, I could live with that.
agree that oval pieces work nicely with the whole presentation which is really great - when they work!

but they malfunctioned several times at the shows i was at, especially in DC when they didn't lift up or go down on time, ruining some of the presentation, and probably getting the band members slightly worried they may at some point fall down on their heads.

so i can see why they'd be frustrated with all the problems and wanting to get rid of them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey also talked about how Stevie was concerned about the band playing NYC because the New York Times gave them a terrible review in 2009. And he also talked to the manager about her not being sure if she wanted to write new songs and give them to Fleetwood Mac. But that she is warming up to the idea because of two reasons: 1: Her contract with Warner Bros. for her solo records ends after one more album. And she is now not in a hurry to put one out because she will then have to renegotiate a new contract and since "In Your Dreams" didn't sell that well, it would put her at a disadvantage. And she is beginning to think a Fleetwood Mac album may do better. And 2: While she is still publicly promoting the "In Your Dreams" documentary with Dave Sterwat and saying what a great time she had making the record with him, that personally she has become less thrilled with working with him again and is more open to having Lindsey produce a Mac album.
I hope that's true!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
agree that oval pieces work nicely with the whole presentation which is really great - when they work!

but they malfunctioned several times at the shows i was at, especially in DC when they didn't lift up or go down on time, ruining some of the presentation, and probably getting the band members slightly worried they may at some point fall down on their heads.

so i can see why they'd be frustrated with all the problems and wanting to get rid of them.
The pics I've seen of the stage set are so awesome! I can't wait to see it live! I hope they don't make any changes that take away the "grandness" of it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
hmm i thought Froom was gonna produce new FM album, not Lindsey?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmm i thought Froom was gonna produce new FM album, not Lindsey?
haha, do you really think that bringing in a producer means that Lindsey would not co-produce?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He also said that Stevie is singing the best she has in a while and that when they are performing the last song alone on stage together (Say Goodbye), he is really getting emotional since he has changed so much over that last 10 years since he wrote it about her
So weird how Lindsey keeps saying he wrote this in 2003, but in 2003 he said he wrote it in 1987? I think they are just as confused with their history as we are.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
haha, do you really think that bringing in a producer means that Lindsey would not co-produce?
no, but i'm not necessarily liking that now all of the sudden it's back to just Lindsey producing.

of course this is just something that somebody who had backstage access overheard (allegedly!) and they may or may not remember and interpret everything correctly.

i'm actually a bit on the fence how i feel about airing/rehashing private backstage conversation publicly (i personally wouldn't do it), but they are all big boys and know there are people they don't know around who may transmit what they say - and who knows, maybe that was half-intended and they may be actually glad somebody did.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
So weird how Lindsey keeps saying he wrote this in 2003, but in 2003 he said he wrote it in 1987? I think they are just as confused with their history as we are.
or more lol!

Old 04-14-2013, 11:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
no, but i'm not necessarily liking that now all of the sudden it's back to just Lindsey producing.

of course this is just something that somebody who had backstage access overheard (allegedly!) and they may or may not remember and interpret everything correctly.

i'm actually a bit on the fence how i feel about airing/rehashing private backstage conversation publicly (i personally wouldn't do it), but they are all big boys and know there are people they don't know around who may transmit what they say - and who knows, maybe that was half-intended and they may be actually glad somebody did.
Was this person just a vistor? I can't believe a crew person would ever make public a conversation that happened anywhere backstage, the meal room, anywhere. Especially when it concerns some guy's work + all the crew guys in charge of that probably out of work soon getting cancelled by the client ( the lighting thing - FM )

We all tell our war stories to other crew peeps, but very rarely blab it on a message board somewhere.... It's a sure way not to get hired again

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB Freakazoid View Post
Was this person just a vistor? I can't believe a crew person would ever make public a conversation that happened anywhere backstage, the meal room, anywhere. Especially when it concerns some guy's work + all the crew guys in charge of that probably out of work soon getting cancelled by the client ( the lighting thing - FM )

We all tell our war stories to other crew peeps, but very rarely blab it on a message board somewhere.... It's a sure way not to get hired again
i think this person said they knew someone at the venue who got them backstage pass.

definitely not a part of the crew.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Mick's been saying lately that he doesn't see the Mac being active beyond the next 5-7 years.. and that he was always the one trying to keep the band going on and finally, about 3 years ago, came to terms with the fact that it won't.
Oh no! That makes me sad.