Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
:cough: :cough: "Family Man" :cough: :cough: "A face as soft as a tear in a clown's eye" :cough :cough
The clown's eye lyric is from Can't Go Back...not Family Man unless you were saying them as two different things and then I'm an idiot. LOL I love the clown's eye lyric because of it's wierdness.

Anyways...I wish Christine had come on stage in London so I could have said "I've seen all five fireflies on stage", but alas... I'm not a super huge fan of hers like others here, but she's still a legend.

Also, I wish I'd had the cajones to go up to Lindsey when I saw him come out of the hotel that one night. ARG!!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Not trying to be a thread nitpicker here, but really, can't you discuss Stevie in her own forum, or Rumours forum?
Ah, Homer's trying to restore some order here in the Christine forum. I also have no idea if they have this problem in the Lindsey & Stevie forums as I never go there either. It's like they're on another planet. I stick to the Pre-Rumours, Rumours, Post-Rumours & of course this forum for the magnificent Ms. McVie.

Last edited by macfan 57; 03-19-2005 at 05:05 PM..
Old 03-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
The clown's eye lyric is from Can't Go Back...not Family Man unless you were saying them as two different things and then I'm an idiot. LOL I love the clown's eye lyric because of it's wierdness.

Anyways...I wish Christine had come on stage in London so I could have said "I've seen all five fireflies on stage", but alas... I'm not a super huge fan of hers like others here, but she's still a legend.

Also, I wish I'd had the cajones to go up to Lindsey when I saw him come out of the hotel that one night. ARG!!!!
Oh yeah, I knew they were different songs. I said it that way because I think all the lyrics in "Family Man" are awful, whereas I love, love, love "Can't Go Back" with the exception of that part. And I have a tendency to excuse how bad that lyric is because he sings it so well that I just roll with it. But when I actually type it out, it's like !

Hey, at least you actually saw Lindsey in the flesh! I can't say that for myself!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
I also have no idea if they have this problem in the Lindsey & Stevie forums as I never go there either.
We have a tendency to go off-topic in all of the forums. A thread can start out one way, and morph into something completely different.

In fact, that's happened since the original Ledge forum in 1997!

I always liken it to a conversation with family or friends, that veers off into wild and seemingly unrelated tangents, but often winds its way back around to the original discussion.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, Homer's trying to restore some order here in the Christine forum. I also have no idea if they have this problem in the Lindsey & Stevie forums as I never go there either. It's like they're on another planet. I stick to the Pre-Rumours, Rumours, Post-Rumours & of course this forum for the magnificent Ms. McVie.
Aw, I visit everything! Well, except for those boards at the bottom that no one ever visits.

And let me just say if I haven't said it yet that your banner is hypnotizing. Every time you post and it shows up I stare at Christine, since those are two fantastic pictures of her. Her hair and her face looks so great there; she's dreamy! And I love the lyrics you put there, too!
Old 03-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
We have a tendency to go off-topic in all of the forums. A thread can start out one way, and morph into something completely different.
Usually, if a thread goes on longer than, say, 10 posts in any forum, it starts veering off topic pretty quickly! The best is when they turn into Brian and Curtis flirting fests!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only go to those 4 forums, EXCEPT, when I've read everything, I sometimes read Chitchat.
Since we're on the Chris Forum, I've always dreaded reading the Chiffon worship on the Stevie board. That's why I've never even checked in. I'm all out of vomit bags!
Old 03-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only go to those 4 forums, EXCEPT, when I've read everything, I sometimes read Chitchat.
Since we're on the Chris Forum, I've always dreaded reading the Chiffon worship on the Stevie board. That's why I've never even checked in. I'm all out of vomit bags!
It's funny that you should say that because I think we mock Stevie more than we praise her endlessly in that forum! (Sorry Stevie! ) Hell, the last thread I started was for the sole purpose of ridiculing a photo of her!

And by the way, macfan_57, I totally miss you in the Chit Chat forum. I love how we carry on forever about various issues in there, and I wish you'd come over with your input.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And let me just say if I haven't said it yet that your banner is hypnotizing. Every time you post and it shows up I stare at Christine, since those are two fantastic pictures of her. Her hair and her face looks so great there; she's dreamy! And I love the lyrics you put there, too!
Thanks. Those might be 2 of my favorite pictures of her. I believe the picture on the left is from the Mystery To Me era & of course the one on the right is from the Tusk tourbook. It took me a few years just to figure out how to put them in my signature.

Those are my favorite lyrics from my favorite song. Thanks. By the way, I also like the Chris/Stevie banner in your signature. I like Christine's "Nobody's Perfekt" T shirt.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And by the way, macfan_57, I totally miss you in the Chit Chat forum. I love how we carry on forever about various issues in there, and I wish you'd come over with your input.
I've only occasionally checked out the Chit Chat forum, usually if I have some time & not much to do. I did notice there were quite a few politcal threads. I'm pretty liberal, but I don't usually like to get into arguments.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I find Illume extremely grating and ridiculous. Stevie gets kudos from me for putting out something so wildly different from anything else she's ever done before, though. It certainly shocked the **** out of me when I first heard it. If she took risks like that on a regular basis, I'd be pretty stoked, regardless of the quality of the material. Just leave the VSO gimmicks alone, kids.

It also has some of my favorite lyrics from her (though I remember Carne absolutely despised them ):

I will not take you for granted
I wouldn't trade you for jade
Or for diamonds
Not for one minute
Not for anything
I need you to be there

She can keep the rest, thankyouverymuch.
It's probably my second favourite after Storms. I love the lyrics, I love the music (not the gimmicks) and I recognized the fear. I was in front of the tv when the second plane crashed in the other tower and the sensations I felt that day were too heavy for words. She gave words to that sensations I'm very grateful to her for doing it.
Said that, obviously it's all subjective, and I agree, it has incredible lyrics.

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 03-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ironically, the posters on the Stevie forum tend to take a far more critical approach to their discussions than those on either the Lindsey or Christine forums do of their subjects.

Sure, there's also the typical "worship"... but that can be found in abundance on this forum too.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with discussing the things you actually LIKE about your fave... after all, there has to be SOME reason you consider yourself a fan, no?
An ability to discuss the negatives is a good thing, but it doesn't necessarily prove that you have any more intelligence or rationality than anyone else possesses. Usually it just means you wallow more in cynicism than others do.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
True... but, then, I'm not ragging anyone's writing skills and then declaring what a talent Enrique is!
When viewed with most of the other mainstream pop songwriters today, I think Beyonce is quite talented. She's not going to win any awards from the Songwriters Hall of Fame (but, then, neither is Stevie), but I find her songs to be dependable fluff with enough of her personality and originality in them to elevate them to being a cut above the rest. She's a marvelous voice, she's got presence, and she has style. I'm hardly a huge fan, but I recognize her for the great talent she is.

But that's just my opinion.

Old 03-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks. Those might be 2 of my favorite pictures of her. I believe the picture on the left is from the Mystery To Me era & of course the one on the right is from the Tusk tourbook. It took me a few years just to figure out how to put them in my signature.

Those are my favorite lyrics from my favorite song. Thanks. By the way, I also like the Chris/Stevie banner in your signature. I like Christine's "Nobody's Perfekt" T shirt.
Thank you! "Why" is my favorite Chris song of all time. And I love the "Perfekt" shirt, too. I think that's so cute!

Last edited by GateandGarden; 03-19-2005 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've only occasionally checked out the Chit Chat forum, usually if I have some time & not much to do. I did notice there were quite a few politcal threads. I'm pretty liberal, but I don't usually like to get into arguments.
I understand and respect that. I've found myself driven to tears over things on too many occasions and then got angry with myself for getting emotional about a debate on a message board, so I totally sympathize with your feelings about not wanting to be argumentative.