User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kirk View Post
Hi Vivfox, is this the one you were thinking of?
Still gets some play at my place, really get a kick out of it. It will be nice to have the different versions on CD.
I wonder if That's All For Everyone was being considered for a single release at this point and that's why there was a remix?
Old 11-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I wonder if That's All For Everyone was being considered for a single release at this point and that's why there was a remix?
You bring up an interesting point. I wonder. I cant imagine them remixing a track and NOT releasing it but you never know.

Old 11-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a quick question. People in this thread were saying that the version of Rhiannon used for the Fleetwood Mac Live double album wasn't from the Tusk tour at all but rather from the Rumours too. I didn't remember that, so I went back to look at the linear notes and it only says that it's from London, as was the version of Landslide that they used too. There is no date given for any of the tracks. So I'm just curious how you guys found out that it wasn't from the Tusk tour. Thanks.

Kevin
Old 11-01-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
I have a quick question. People in this thread were saying that the version of Rhiannon used for the Fleetwood Mac Live double album wasn't from the Tusk tour at all but rather from the Rumours too. I didn't remember that, so I went back to look at the linear notes and it only says that it's from London, as was the version of Landslide that they used too. There is no date given for any of the tracks. So I'm just curious how you guys found out that it wasn't from the Tusk tour. Thanks.

Kevin
The "discographies" part of this very site, here: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=37

and also someone copied it on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_(Fleetwood_Mac_album)
Old 11-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still gets some play at my place, really get a kick out of it. It will be nice to have the different versions on CD.
YES, this is it. 6 songs listed but my old memory only recalled 4. LOL
Old 11-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post

Kevin
Since we know the performance was recorded in London, it could have been from either April 1977 or June 1980. But the way she performed Rhiannon after 1977 was different from the early Rumours shows. Her voice sounded different, she wasn't trying to hit as many of the high notes, and she was doing different ad libs at the end of the song. None of the 1980 Rhiannons sound like the version on the Live album- but the Live album version fits in perfectly with how the song sounds on other Rumours shows from that time (such as the Nashville soundboard bootleg from May '77).

With Landslide it's harder to tell, but if I remember right, the audience applause at the end sounds like it's coming from a smaller theater audience as opposed to the Wembley Arena (they played Wembley in '80 but played the Rainbow Theatre in '77).
Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
Since we know the performance was recorded in London, it could have been from either April 1977 or June 1980. But the way she performed Rhiannon after 1977 was different from the early Rumours shows. Her voice sounded different, she wasn't trying to hit as many of the high notes, and she was doing different ad libs at the end of the song. None of the 1980 Rhiannons sound like the version on the Live album- but the Live album version fits in perfectly with how the song sounds on other Rumours shows from that time (such as the Nashville soundboard bootleg from May '77).
I would agree with all of this.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

The price has dropped to £44.99 on Amazon.co.uk so I just pre-ordered.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have this but haven't listened to it in ages. I don't have a good turntable anymore. I recall this version of Sisters is pretty amazing. It has the cold ending, doesn't it?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
The price has dropped to £44.99 on Amazon.co.uk so I just pre-ordered.

Mee too........I can't wait for this!
Old 11-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
I have this but haven't listened to it in ages. I don't have a good turntable anymore. I recall this version of Sisters is pretty amazing. It has the cold ending, doesn't it?
Hi UndoingTheLaces, yes, you are correct, it has the cold ending. Still sounds fantastic too. Just listened to it this morning to refresh my memory. That version really rocks! Its a good one.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
Quote:
Hi UndoingTheLaces, yes, you are correct, it has the cold ending. Still sounds fantastic too. Just listened to it this morning to refresh my memory. That version really rocks! Its a good one.
Can I ask what is the "cold" ending?
Old 11-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Can I ask what is the "cold" ending?
Hi SisterNightroad, sure thing, a cold ending is when they just basically stop playing as opposed to having the song fade out.

On the Album version of "Sisters" the fade out begins at approximately 4:24 and continues down to 4:43.

The remix version does not fade out and they stop playing at about 4:41 so it is an abrupt ending right on Lindsey's guitar solo, its kinda cool actually.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Hi SisterNightroad, sure thing, a cold ending is when they just basically stop playing as opposed to having the song fade out.

On the Album version of "Sisters" the fade out begins at approximately 4:24 and continues down to 4:43.

The remix version does not fade out and they stop playing at about 4:41 so it is an abrupt ending right on Lindsey's guitar solo, its kinda cool actually.
Oh, yeah, I understood what version you're talking about!
Thanks.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJK View Post
Maar dat zal echt de laagste prijs zijn in NL
But that'll be the lowest prize in the Netherlands.