The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Awwww, poor, poor Stevie! All this backlash and she did nothing! I’m sure you will all find a check in your mail for your services. Or not...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Awwww, poor, poor Stevie! All this backlash and she did nothing! I’m sure you will all find a check in your mail for your services. Or not...
seems pretty obvious Stevie has been resentful, bitter and vengeful towards Lindsey for a very long time. he's been trying to make peace and mend fences with her, but she has clearly not been open to that.

whether because of the huge hand he had in her success which she's trying to erase ("she's only as good as her producers" would look much weaker if she can take down her most influential producer), or more personal reasons, looks like she's been trying really hard to take him down. i don't know if anyone from Stevie's camp talked to that Stephen Davies for her 2017 bio or if he just made stuff up, but agenda of that book is pretty clear: it reads like a blueprint for building hate towards Lindsey, portraying him like an arrogant petty loser, especially from the Dance on. there's no care for the truth, even going as far as clear lies and distortions about stuff that everyone can see is not true when watching Destiny Rules doc. but - reading excerpts from a book like that, i can completely see where clueless stans can come up with their distorted picture of Lindsey. and also why her finally getting rid of him last year as a culmination of all the hate and resentment she seems to have harbored towards him for a long time makes perfect sense to them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
seems pretty obvious Stevie has been resentful, bitter and vengeful towards Lindsey for a very long time. he's been trying to make peace and mend fences with her, but she has clearly not been open to that.

whether because of the huge hand he had in her success which she's trying to erase ("she's only as good as her producers" would look much weaker if she can take down her most influential producer), or more personal reasons, looks like she's been trying really hard to take him down. i don't know if anyone from Stevie's camp talked to that Stephen Davies for her 2017 bio or if he just made stuff up, but agenda of that book is pretty clear: it reads like a blueprint for building hate towards Lindsey, portraying him like an arrogant petty loser, especially from the Dance on. there's no care for the truth, even going as far as clear lies and distortions about stuff that everyone can see is not true when watching Destiny Rules doc. but - reading excerpts from a book like that, i can completely see where clueless stans can come up with their distorted picture of Lindsey. and also why her finally getting rid of him last year as a culmination of all the hate and resentment she seems to have harbored towards him for a long time makes perfect sense to them.
To be fair, she did contribute a spirit catcher to the Destiny Rules sessions.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And that awful dancing fish
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
that she did. gotta give a credit where credit is due.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-26-2019, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what Stevie can do, but I got to meet Mick the other day and he talked about Lindsey's health scare without anyone even asking. He said despite all the disagreements, they were all deeply disturbed at the news. We got to speak with him for quite a while. He's actually really sweet you guys. He didn't act pompous or arrogant at all. He was very fatherly to those of us in the group that were younger. He was actually really interested in what we had to say.

The concert was still lacking though.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I don't know what Stevie can do, but I got to meet Mick the other day and he talked about Lindsey's health scare without anyone even asking. He said despite all the disagreements, they were all deeply disturbed at the news. We got to speak with him for quite a while. He's actually really sweet you guys. He didn't act pompous or arrogant at all. He was very fatherly to those of us in the group that were younger. He was actually really interested in what we had to say.

Sociopaths can be charming . It is one their hallmarks. That greedy old charlatan should have filed for moral bankruptcy as many times as he has filed for financial. He is actually worse than Stevie in this debacle. At least she truly despises Lindsey.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

thanks for that. glad you had such nice experience.

i met Mick a good number of times back on 2013 tour when his meet & greets came with nice tickets. he was usually nice, although seemed half deaf. some of the times he paid attention to people personally and appeared interested, other times he seemed completely spaced out. he usually had interesting stories to tell because he knows or has been related to by marriage to tons of people in music business. but when he starts his stories he never stops, and uses up all the time without other fans getting to ask anything.

of course they are deeply disturbed - if any of them have any conscience they probably feel horribly guilty too.

so what did he say about LB, and how did he bring him up?

Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Clueless stans want to be clueless, because they love to hate Lindsey. Pretty much like Stevie. They justify her behavior because of all the years of abuse she suffered…..

I still have to hear her talking about those painful years….
Old 02-26-2019, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If they were really disturbed they would have already contacted him by now. They all have been working together for more than 40 years. That's what you do when you are really concerned about someone: you contact him and you explain to him why you fired him and why you didn't have the guts to tell that to him.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Clueless stans want to be clueless, because they love to hate Lindsey. Pretty much like Stevie. They justify her behavior because of all the years of abuse she suffered…..

I still have to hear her talking about those painful years….
well, to their defense, if all they repeatedly hear was just one side of the story i can understand how they assume they know more than they do.

to his credit, Lindsey always stayed classy and didn't call out or respond to all the bs spread around about him, other than in some songs.

it's very interesting to read Dashut's stories on his fb. it quickly becomes clear how Stevie's stories of LB and RD doing something (like "always" getting high on the floor of their apartment) is usually based on a single incident.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks for that. glad you had such nice experience.

i met Mick a good number of times back on 2013 tour when his meet & greets came with nice tickets. he was usually nice, although seemed half deaf. some of the times he paid attention to people personally and appeared interested, other times he seemed completely spaced out. he usually had interesting stories to tell because he knows or has been related to by marriage to tons of people in music business. but when he starts his stories he never stops, and uses up all the time without other fans getting to ask anything.

of course they are deeply disturbed - if any of them have any conscience they probably feel horribly guilty too.

so what did he say about LB, and how did he bring him up?
He was basically talking about the legacy of all the members and how they were all getting older, which brought him to Lindsey's heart attack. He said despite all that's happened, Lindsey is still important to him, which was pretty comforting to hear after all that's gone down.
And before he left us all, he personally wished me good luck on my musical endeavors.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He was basically talking about the legacy of all the members and how they were all getting older, which brought him to Lindsey's heart attack. He said despite all that's happened, Lindsey is still important to him, which was pretty comforting to hear after all that's gone down.
And before he left us all, he personally wished me good luck on my musical endeavors.
great. now he needs to stop shi**ing on him in the interviews and say that instead.

right "all that's happened" - we know nothing went down between Lindsey and Mick except Mick being a 2-faced bankrupt ungrateful non-friend to Lindsey.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so wait - did you actually pay $600 for Mick's m&g? i hope you haven't!

how do his m&gs look these days? how many people, pic + q&a like it used to be, or?

Old 02-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
so wait - did you actually pay $600 for Mick's m&g? i hope you haven't!

how do his m&gs look these days? how many people, pic + q&a like it used to be, or?
That explains it all .The old money grubbin' whore was performing for paying customers.