The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

look at it this way... if Steve had given birth in the early to mid 70's that child would be nearing 40. Lets say that child had children at 18-20 years old. Now, if Stevie's grandchild had kids at 18-20 years old..

Stevie would be a Great-Grandma by now!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
especially since the thread had already been dead for more than 24 hours.
My sentiments exactly.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe that Stevie Nicks has had four portions.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a little personal about Stevie's life..I will stay out of this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered

Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
This seriously makes me question the credibility of the "facts" in this dude's article.
Sorry to use you as an example but I will. If this weren't true, her team of experts would have sued and had this removed from the net. As you all have said this article has been circulated all over the net for years, heck decades. Sorry to dispell your fantasies but it is true, hence the quotes wrapped around her quotes. Believe me if it weren't like I said, no need to be redundant..............
Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Sorry to use you as an example but I will. If this weren't true, her team of experts would have sued and had this removed from the net. As you all have said this article has been circulated all over the net for years, heck decades. Sorry to dispell your fantasies but it is true, hence the quotes wrapped around her quotes. Believe me if it weren't like I said, no need to be redundant..............
Damn. So, she did love it up with Tom Petty....

I think the validity of the journalist is being questioned due to proper punctuation placement. In this article, the journalist (not using quotation marks since he wrote the article) states that Tom Petty was Stevie's lover. However, in other articles, journalists did use quotation marks around texts attributed to Stevie in which she claimed she and Tom are only friends and never lovers.

Time for another School House Rock song - this one to be entitled, "Punctuation" ...

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-17-2010 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Registered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Damn. So, she did love it up with Tom Petty....

I think the validity of the journalist is being questioned due to proper punctuation placement. In this article, the journalist (not using quotation marks since he wrote the article) states that Tom Petty was Stevie's lover. However, in other articles, journalists did use quotation marks around texts attributed to Stevie in which she claimed she and Tom are only friends and never lovers.

Time for another School House Rock song - this one to be entitled, "Punctuation" ...

Hahaha, nice eye rolls... Obviously you can misquote yourself or mispeak, called freedom of press, but misquoting a " " is a differen't story. Anyone knows that if you are going to cite, or quote a source, you better really be quoting what they are saying! Notice no quotes around the journalists own words.... If those were blotched and not Stevie own words, that mag publicist would have been slammed! No need for sarcasm b/c I am pointing out a careful and thoughtful fact! Oh and the way they can get away with taking things out of context or misconstruing a quote to only allow the reader to see what they want them to "see" is called .................... paraphrasing! Hope this helps to inform you
Old 09-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Registered

Quote:
Hahaha, nice eye rolls... Obviously you can misquote yourself or mispeak, called freedom of press, but misquoting a " " is a differen't story. Anyone knows that if you are going to cite, or quote a source, you better really be quoting what they are saying! Notice no quotes around the journalists own words.... If those were blotched and not Stevie own words, that mag publicist would have been slammed! No need for sarcasm b/c I am pointing out a careful and thoughtful fact! Oh and the way they can get away with taking things out of context or misconstruing a quote to only allow the reader to see what they want them to "see" is called .................... paraphrasing! Hope this helps to inform you
Oh and btw... I think it is time for some school house rocks.... Oh and btw, I really hope the journalist doesn't slap a suit on himself considering he wrote the article lol. Just watch the news, with freedom of speach/ press it is the fodder for the tabloids and all of the "reality" E. News and every other thing we have lost in the name of real journalism!
Old 09-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Registered

Oh and don't criticize my writing too btw... I am not a journalist, didn't write the article just spewing the facts. I realize I spelt speech "speach" and said oh btw like 2x just too tired. I noticed being on here and a member in as short of a time as I have.. We always have the one sarcastic one/ know it all that doesn't. . No offense, well partially
Old 09-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh and don't criticize my writing too btw... I am not a journalist, didn't write the article just spewing the facts. I realize I spelt speech "speach" and said oh btw like 2x just too tired. I noticed being on here and a member in as short of a time as I have.. We always have the one sarcastic one/ know it all that doesn't. . No offense, well partially
No offense taken. Yes, I was having a little fun and being sarcastic... but, I was trying to point out the hole in your argument. Your original comment was based on the other post in which the poster (cliffdweller) questioned the credibility of the article because the journalist reported Stevie and Tom were lovers as a fact. Based on that post, you implied the article was totally true because Stevie was quoted. I was pointing out that she has been quoted as saying she and Tom were not lovers. Therefore, the integrity of the journalist must be questioned from the start, since he stated they were lovers and Stevie has been quoted they weren't. It throws the entire piece out if you use that line of argument.

That's all I was saying...

What I believe is what is probably true for all pieces - there is a lot of truth, a lot of misrepresentation of truth intermingled with actual quotes that are used out of context in order for a writer to manipulate it to his/her story. And, there is a LOT of shoddy research. It's pitiful, really...

Oh, and btw, Stevie wouldn't have necessarily sued. Celebrities do not sue every time some untruth is written. I think a lot of times they leave it alone just to keep from opening up more cans of worms, even when they have a legitimate basis for a lawsuit.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh, and btw, Stevie wouldn't have necessarily sued. Celebrities do not sue every time some untruth is written. I think a lot of times they leave it alone just to keep from opening up more cans of worms, even when they have a legitimate basis for a lawsuit.
And when they do so, it's not because they were misquoted. It's because an out and out lie was told. Celebrities and politicians, especially, are always misquoted. If the comment was not verbatim but still captures the gist of what you said, there's no point in suing, especially since the journalist is usually the one with the recording that can prove exactly what was said, not you.

Michele
Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I'm not sure which is worse - aborting the child, or ending up with a daughter named LeeLee-Rhiannon Buckingham. I can't imagine someone with that name having a very pleasant time in high school.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I'm not sure which is worse - aborting the child, or ending up with a daughter named LeeLee-Rhiannon Buckingham. I can't imagine someone with that name having a very pleasant time in high school.
Of course. Because Apple, Fifi Trixibelle and Peaches coast right through LeeLee is tame and actually kind of nice.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not trying to start anything by saying this but...

True, Henley said something in the magazine about the "abortion."
True, Stevie said something in another interview about having abortion(s).

But when it really comes down to it, it's all just gossip. I'm sure it's pretty safe to say that nobody here is closely in touch or is a very personal and close friend of Stevie's.

So at the end of the day, none of us will ever REALLY know (for now) what really happened with Stevie, and I think it should just be left at that.

We all know what the saying is when you "assume" something?

I, personally, am more focused and excited about her new album than how many babies she allegedly dropped.

Seriously.

$0.02
Old 09-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And when they do so, it's not because they were misquoted. It's because an out and out lie was told. Celebrities and politicians, especially, are always misquoted. If the comment was not verbatim but still captures the gist of what you said, there's no point in suing, especially since the journalist is usually the one with the recording that can prove exactly what was said, not you.

Michele
Unless they forget to hit record or are going by notes...that would suck - to find out that you could have sued and won... and Stevie would end up suing herself if she sued for an out and out lie. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I thought it was Lily - sorta sounds like Leelee but...it's not.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-18-2010 at 04:47 PM..