Originally Posted by strandinthewind
http://www.michaelmoore.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
was KrispyKreme.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
LOL - I am sure the two have met before
Liberal film-maker Michael Moore and his companion, Ms. Glazed Donut, announced the arrival of their children today, a baker's dozen of raspberry jelly-filled donuts. However, upon their arrival Mr. Moore devoured them all as the doctor and nurses watched in horror.

Commented Ms. Donut: "I think he was afraid of them usurping his power."
Old 09-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
If this place cannot be an outlet for mere conservative thought (not offensive dialogue) at all, then that's sad. It doesn't matter that most of us are liberals. Conservative thought should not be outlawed.
I would totally agree, if it weren't for fact that so much of what is posted as "conservative thought" is just a rehasing of Limbaugh, Hannity, and Coulter that is only done to get a reaction out of liberals. Quoting the likes of Ann Coulter,for most on this board, is offensive by its very nature. Now, if there was logical, rational discussion without name calling, then yeah, I wouldn't have a problem. Some may point out that the liberals on this board do that to conservative leaders. However, I'd argue that parts of this board have become a place for liberals to vent their frustrations with the power centers of the USA. Honestly, in that sense, what do conservatives have to be frustrated about?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I would totally agree, if it weren't for fact that so much of what is posted as "conservative thought" is just a rehasing of Limbaugh, Hannity, and Coulter that is only done to get a reaction out of liberals. Quoting the likes of Ann Coulter,for most on this board, is offensive by its very nature. Now, if there was logical, rational discussion without name calling, then yeah, I wouldn't have a problem. Some may point out that the liberals on this board do that to conservative leaders. However, I'd argue that parts of this board have become a place for liberals to vent their frustrations with the power centers of the USA. Honestly, in that sense, what do conservatives have to be frustrated about?
I don't think the conservatives have anything to be complaining about, really. So, no, I don't see how the board is useful for them at all in that sense and I agree with you there. And I agree that it's ridiculous to quote the likes of the Limbaughs and Coulters but I'm not against someone doing so. I don't believe everything they say is against board guidelines. Besides, we've got conservatives who are more enlightened and wouldn't venture to quote those people.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Besides, we've got conservatives who are more enlightened
Oxymoron alert.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Oxymoron alert.
I can name two who are more enlightened than the idiotic conservatives I know in my "real life": Nancy and jwd (John?)
Old 09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This board does not constitute a place of free speech. It is a privately owned board, and the discussions can be moderated at the discretion of the moderators, who are appointed as such by the owners of this board. A majority of Ledgies who participate in political discussions are usually liberal, and many are of a minority group, specifically gay/lesbian. If a posting would personally offend the majority of Ledgies, then it is at the discretion of the moderators to remove such a post. And, it's not like there aren't outlets for conservative thought on the internet. This place, though, probably won't be one of them. Now we could talk about fairness until we were blue in the face. The fact is that there are obviously more conservative minded people in the USA, as all of political, economic, and military power centers are actually controlled by conservatives. Furthermore, posting on the Ledge is a privilege, not a right.

Would I be offended if liberal material was disallowed? Let's just say I would trade places in a heartbeat. I'll be more than happy to give up liberal material being posted on the Ledge if it meant that liberals would control the White House, the House of Reps, the Senate, the Supreme Court, the Pentagon, and a majority of governorships. And, if I felt the need to have a discussion amongst other liberals, I'd save those discussions for another board.
Hey,

Bitter much??? Then next election, campaign harder for the liberal candidate.

blah blah blah...is what I heard. I have the RIGHT to demand an explination about why my post was deleted. If I did not find that it was within reason, then I have a RIGHT to complain and/or leave. How is it that this effects you anyways?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I have the RIGHT to demand an explination about why my post was deleted.
Actually, you don't.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I Okay I really don't understand this. How are you to decide what is offensive, unless it rather clearly is. Should we not be allowed to discuss it normally and have a good-clean political debate? Suppose I would like quote Ann Coulter, or any other conservative writer...why should I not be allowed to do this?

So...1st amendment for liberals...but not for conservatives?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Actually, you don't.
And why is this?

I have a RIGHT to demand...I didn't say you had a RIGHT to answer.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

actually...he does...I mean-he may not GET an explanation..but still within his right to want to know why it got deleted...

just my two cents...
Old 09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I Okay I really don't understand this. How are you to decide what is offensive, unless it rather clearly is. Should we not be allowed to discuss it normally and have a good-clean political debate? Suppose I would like quote Ann Coulter, or any other conservative writer...why should I not be allowed to do this?
I think you should.

Quote:
So...1st amendment for liberals...but not for conservatives?
Well, it seems that he stated earlier that the board is not a place of free speech, and that is supposed to apply to all of us.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677
actually...he does...I mean-he may not GET an explanation..but still within his right to want to know why it got deleted...

just my two cents...
I agree with you.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
You know what, I dont care for her at all, but I applaud you for speaking your mind.
haha thanks! You rock a*s man! That's what I like to hear...

If someone said they loved Michael Moore...well then I would say "I don't agree with you...but I applaud you for speaking your mind!"

Why can't we see more statements like these in this world? That is why America is awesome!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree with pretty much every recent development and I don't really intend to hold that opinion back.
And yet, this is the first time I've seen you write about being disgruntled. Why?
Old 09-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And why is this?

I have a RIGHT to demand...I didn't say you had a RIGHT to answer.
You don't have the right to demand anything. Asking nicely always seems to work though.