User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When McVie is arrogant it's funny to me because she's Christine McVie.... and she comes off as a classy regal british lady... and quite funny at times... almost like Absolutely Fabulous... (the show) sweetie darling sweetie sweetie sweetie darling

When Linsdey is arrogant he makes himself look like a little whiney bitch.... Althought I thought in Destiny Rules he was trying to pull it all together and everyone else gave him ****... I give LB full credit in dealing with the other 3 lunatics on that DVD.

When Stevie is arrogant it doesn't bother me too much because she's just on another planet... like Christine but in a different way... Stevie Nicks is cool to me because she's nuts...

Just my observation over the past 30 yrs...
Stevie is nuts. She's a self professed drama queen, so I've come to expect that from her. I just laugh it off when she goes into serious-Stevie-I-am-a-famous-gypsy mode during interviews. It's funny because I don't have to live with her.

Now when John McVie is arrogant, then you've gotta wonder...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I think what many in the states do not realize is the British can be very pissy. I am not saying this as a slam. It is just part of their culture, especially CM's era. Along with that comes the eccentricity when the women get a little older. This is just based on my personal observations while in England and reading WAY too many Agatha Christie movies

In the end, I still maintain CM is given a pass for her bitchy behavior when compared to La Nicks. I mean look at the people around here ganging on to slam La Nicks for recently talking about the times when she and LB were dirt poor, etc. But, such is life.

do you remember the quotes or have any links to those threads about nicks interviews?

she really claims to have been dirt poor but it doesn't always match up with other accounts of their time in LA. I am just wondering, its an interesting story but it does seem strange with both buckingham and nicks coming from upper middle class families that money would not have been sent, lindsey buckingham did have a big inheritance from an aunt supposedly
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Stevie is nuts. She's a self professed drama queen, so I've come to expect that from her. I just laugh it off when she goes into serious-Stevie-I-am-a-famous-gypsy mode during interviews.
I totally love her more for it. She's totally wacko but that I-am-a-famous-gypsy mode is derived from her exceedingly rare ability to find the benevolence of beauty in ANYTHING. All cynicism surrounding her is crushed under the "great dark wing" of unwound dreams and layers upon layers of fabric, sunrises that love to go down and rain that can wash you clean, ghosts in the fog and black moons in those eyes of hers. Yes, she's a total drama queen-- but it accentuates the beautiful to her. She seems to react solely based upon what her gut tells her, even when her mind may realize how ridiculous her gut really is.

With Christine, its just totally different. I don't think Stevie's specific type of arrogance is neccessarily arrogance considering (I believe) its derived from her unbelievable trust in her emotions and how she feels about her own specific means in conveying them.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think what many in the states do not realize is the British can be very pissy. I am not saying this as a slam. It is just part of their culture, especially CM's era. Along with that comes the eccentricity when the women get a little older. This is just based on my personal observations while in England and reading WAY too many Agatha Christie movies

In the end, I still maintain CM is given a pass for her bitchy behavior when compared to La Nicks. I mean look at the people around here ganging on to slam La Nicks for recently talking about the times when she and LB were dirt poor, etc. But, such is life.
I agree that we English can be very pissy and we get away with it! If someone uses bad language as long as it's said in a posh voice it's OK. Helen Mirren not going "arse over tit" as she so charmingly put it.

I agree that Christine gets away with it way more than Stevie but if this thread has proved anything it's - SHOCK HORROR - Christine McVie normal human being. I have no doubt that although I love Christine's music and I am sure she would be perfectly charming if I met her, if I spent any length of time with her we would end up arguing - especially if she told me my clothes were f**kin' stupid.

Gail
Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopcoop View Post
do you remember the quotes or have any links to those threads about nicks interviews?

she really claims to have been dirt poor but it doesn't always match up with other accounts of their time in LA. I am just wondering, its an interesting story but it does seem strange with both buckingham and nicks coming from upper middle class families that money would not have been sent, lindsey buckingham did have a big inheritance from an aunt supposedly
As recently as the last tour. Before maybe Gypsy, she would go into the story about how broke they were. In the end, I think their parents helped them out (which is more than most get) but they were on a tight budget in that LB did not work, La Nicks did low paying jobs, and pot was expensive

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
, and pot was expensive
best line I've read all day.....
Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
best line I've read all day.....
Every now and then - I come up with a zinger

Old 07-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Every now and then - I come up with a zinger
if every now and then is every 10 min...
Old 07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
As recently as the last tour. Before maybe Gypsy, she would go into the story about how broke they were. In the end, I think their parents helped them out (which is more than most get) but they were on a tight budget in that LB did not work, La Nicks did low paying jobs, and pot was expensive
Great response thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
if every now and then is every 10 min...

Your shirt is fukcing stupid

Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
It came as no great surprise, then, that strandinthewind's T-shirt was not only "fukcing" stupid, but perhaps even stupider than jbrownsjr's T-shirt.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks worked as a waitress for a number of months to pay the rent while Lindsey fiddled with tech gear and hung out with his noisy friends while she had to sleep to get up early. Big wah I'm sure right? I had to pick fruit and shell veggies, scale fish and boil pot fulls of crabs, and like her I'll never forget it, and that was my summer vacation most years! Big wah also I'm sure. Or maybe she's talking about how she had to haul amps and speakers around to seedy dives with Fritz because they spend the roadie money on beer. It's all a 'big wah' to somebody who had it rougher, and there's always somebody who has. "I got a hole in my nose from snorting coke," big wah!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
This information about Christine only confirms to me she is flawless!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
It came as no great surprise, then, that strandinthewind's T-shirt was not only "fukcing" stupid, but perhaps even stupider than jbrownsjr's T-shirt.
Is this one of those "complete this sentence" games? My **** and I know nothing.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
...and pot was expensive
In the 1970's??? Hell, no...pot was easier to afford than beer.