User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

I do feel as though I was a bit cheated though. They seem to be a lot looser now and Stevie especially is moving around better and more and they are doing more change ups with the songs than they did over here. Europe is lucky!
They deserve it. FM tours in the states way more than over there. They will be lucky to see them on the next tour, especially the girl in Sweden. I think it is so cool how all of us get to see the videos from pretty much every show they've done on this tour.

Oh how come youtube couldn't have existed in 1979?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They deserve it. FM tours in the states way more than over there. They will be lucky to see them on the next tour, especially the girl in Sweden. I think it is so cool how all of us get to see the videos from pretty much every show they've done on this tour.

Oh how come youtube couldn't have existed in 1979?
Yeah, I agree - it's just that this was my first time ever seeing them...

But, speaking of the youtube phenom - what I've been astounded by since "discovering" them is how much footage, demos, boots there is available. I feel like I didn't really miss anything - I've been able to see stuff from every era pretty much. It's astounding to me. Has this always existed? And, is this just specific to the rock genre?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dug the red too, especially the first 4 or 5 months. After a while he seemed to be wearing it to the ground and I was absolutely thrilled when he broke out that gray suit in Columbus- even if I was one of three people who seemed to adore it so. Now I'm far more receptive to the blue, even if wanted to wear it forever (and he probably will for near enough) because it's totally his color imo.

Dang I rambled over this issue a little much...see what a Lindsey girl I am? lol!
I agree that Lindsey and the color blue completely go together!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_one View Post
"Someone at the front was throwing condoms (in their packets I must stress) at Lindsey for some reason. He laughed it off but asked them to stop doing it because he said he might slip on them. "I guess it's well intentioned" he said, but I got the impression he was a bit peeved by it."

I don't think he was peeved by ot IMHO. He seemed to laugh it off if I remember correctly and cracked a couple of jokes about it
The condom was thrown on stage by the Spanish contingent (who kept asking Lindsey to come to Barcelona) after Stevie winked at Lindsey during the "Ask me and I'll be there" line in "Sara." It was either perfect timing or perhaps an inference about what goes on backstage...
Old 11-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if it might have been Christine?
Since she was at Earls Court in 2003 I thought she might be in the audience this time too. But that would hardly have gone unnoticed, so I was probably just wrong. It could have been somebody else too (Luella Bartley, KT Tunstall?). The last time I was at Wembley somebody famous sat in about the same spot, that might have misled me.

When I told one of my friends about the concert yesterday he remembered they're a blues-rock band, and that he has their red greatest hits album. But the later success had passed him by, and he was completely surprised they could be at such a big place now. Some old people can be so ignorant!

For me it was so funny to compare Lindsey's and Peter Green's guitar playing at the concerts I've been to. Green was bad the first time, and really bad the second. But he agreed with that in his auto-biography afterwards. Blaming the nerves he felt when playing for paying audiences. He's famous as a guitar hero, but Lindsey isn't. Still, Lindsey's guitar work is amazing. It's just overshadowed by other things. Green has had those things too, but never seemed to escape the guitar hero image. It's remarkable how those things work out.

It's almost a third of a century since I first became aware of this group - when I taped "Blue Letter" off the radio in May -77. I feel blessed to have seen them now. A memory I will treasure forever.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, Lindsey is just trying to be a watchdevil.

Lovely soft faded jeans...
a very soft shirt in a light blue

Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
The condom was thrown on stage by the Spanish contingent (who kept asking Lindsey to come to Barcelona) after Stevie winked at Lindsey during the "Ask me and I'll be there" line in "Sara." It was either perfect timing or perhaps an inference about what goes on backstage...
That actually makes it kinda funny.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
Just wanted to say that we loved the concert last friday and it was great meeting Sharon and Marc, Pip, Tommer and David
I took a zillion pictures but these are the ones i feel are good enough to share :

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ey%2030102009/
Wow... you're not kidding. These are great and thanks so much for sharing. You must have been pretty close to get shots like that.. and btw.. Stevie looks absolutely beautiful.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another cool vid - you can see Stevie mouth to Mick when he's doing the intros and also - do my eyes deceive me? A *gasp* IMPROMPTU moment between SnL at 7:10. Enjoy. (They DO know they are on the same stage playing jammin' music together! )

Btw, shout freakin' out to whoever filmed these - they're great!

Last edited by CADreaming; 11-01-2009 at 10:53 PM..
Old 11-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A *gasp* IMPROMPTU moment between SnL at 7:10. Enjoy. (They DO know they are on the same stage playing jammin' music together! )
Eh, he did the same thing to her dog in the DR documentary. Michele
Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I was referring more to Stevie than Lindsey - she was turned around in LIB. Here she was actually sort of dancing as opposed to her little pose they were doing in front of Mick's kit for SYW.

Anyway, I think if I'm lip-reading right she says to him in this video (right near the end), "Ok, rock on."

Old 11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No kidding, that was the same motion for both! Small, cute things with button noses bring it out in him.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No kidding, that was the same motion for both! Small, cute things with button noses bring it out in him.
She had her back to him in that; to reiterate.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least Stevie took it better than Sulamith did! Michele
Old 11-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was referring more to Stevie than Lindsey - she was turned around in LIB.
Now that you remind me of Don't Stop for the SYW tour, I did love the way Lindsey was all in her hair back then. It was rather sensual.

Michele