User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
So, does this mean the end of the rehearsed interactions? And the beginning of perhaps more spontaneity so they can go out there and just have fun?
I hope for more of that but I mean they are not that comfortable with that. Even in their solo life they pretty much do the same thing...
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this one is just for Michele:

http://kearth101.cbslocal.com/2012/1...es-as-she-did/

MUSIC
Lindsey Buckingham On Christine McVie: “She Didn’t Have To Burn As Many Bridges As She Did”

Oh my goodness. He is just plain taunting me now.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-04-2012 at 04:30 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
”I would be shocked if she ever expressed any interest to do anything with us. Shocked and pleased.”
This "pleased" is nice. Also, he mentioned that she sold her publishing, which I have been frustrated that I don't know more about and we have talked about it here. I can't find press mentions of it. Even if it happened before articles went digital, I can't even find it on the trusty old microfiche.

Michele
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie says she knows the 2009 tour was "benign" and was very much just them playing their parts, and they aren't going to do that again.

http://www.wcsx.com/podcasts/

She also seems to be a fan of Kristen's decorating. She talks about how beautiful his house is, and how her's is still hippied out and full of stuff she's collected for years.

She also says nice things about what her and Lindsey's journey.
Thanks for posting.

I noticed Stevie mentioned 'Sisters Of The Moon', I would LOVE them to start playing that on tour again - the Tusk and Mirage tour versions are amazing.

It's nice that her and Lindsey are getting on so well too
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I have to side with Phil on this one.....good idea, weak execution. BY FAR one of the weakest tracks on IN YOUR DREAMS, both vocally and production-wise. I can't help but feel that a more hushed, intimate acoustic vibe would have benefited the song more.
No, it's supposed to be harsh and jarring. That's the point. It's a reality check.

But, that's a topic for another thread, really.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie says she knows the 2009 tour was "benign" and was very much just them playing their parts, and they aren't going to do that again.

http://www.wcsx.com/podcasts/

She also seems to be a fan of Kristen's decorating. She talks about how beautiful his house is, and how her's is still hippied out and full of stuff she's collected for years.

She also says nice things about what her and Lindsey's journey.
I was transcribing this interview and noticed that she refers not to their lives, but their life. Singular. And she says that not once, but twice.

"We spent most of that four days really just talking - about 20% of the time working on new music, and 80% of the time just talking about our life and how amazing it is that we are sitting in this really beautiful house. I'm going like, "Look at what we did, look at what we did. Look at where you live. I wish your mom and dad were alive to see this."

"I said to him, "We need to walk up there on that stage and we need to have fun. We need to enjoy oursevlesand we need to play our songs with joy because God knows how many people would trade straight across for our life, especially today.""
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was transcribing this interview and noticed that she refers not to their lives, but their life. Singular. And she says that not once, but twice.

"We spent most of that four days really just talking - about 20% of the time working on new music, and 80% of the time just talking about our life and how amazing it is that we are sitting in this really beautiful house. I'm going like, "Look at what we did, look at what we did. Look at where you live. I wish your mom and dad were alive to see this."

"I said to him, "We need to walk up there on that stage and we need to have fun. We need to enjoy oursevles and we need to play our songs with joy because God knows how many people would trade straight across for our life, especially today.""
Yeah -- I noticed it too. And she's done it before. Cracks me up.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, his mom saw him be very successful. And she saw him have a baby. She didn't see him settle down to the extent that he has. But I think she saw a lot.

As for the dad, yeah I wish he had lived to get something out of his coffee plant troubles. I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey pranced around and annoyed him big time. Probably didn't clean up after themselves and when he opened up shop the next day there was always some kind of mess left behind. Attracted rats, no doubt.

Michele
Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, his mom saw him be very successful. And she saw him have a baby. She didn't see him settle down to the extent that he has. But I think she saw a lot.

As for the dad, yeah I wish he had lived to get something out of his coffee plant troubles. I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey pranced around and annoyed him big time. Probably didn't clean up after themselves and when he opened up shop the next day there was always some kind of mess left behind. Attracted rats, no doubt.

Michele
LOL. I think Stevie was more about them seeing his house. She loved that house apparently...
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand the importance of Soldier's Angel, but I just hate the thought of it taking a spot in the set. Were going to get a barrage of songs we've heard every tour and so few slots for songs we haven't heard or heard in a long time....
Old 12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I understand the importance of Soldier's Angel, but I just hate the thought of it taking a spot in the set. Were going to get a barrage of songs we've heard every tour and so few slots for songs we haven't heard or heard in a long time....
Stevie's acting like it's 50/50. 10 songs they HAVE to do, and then 10 songs they can pick and choose from.

Of course Lindsey said 75% and 25%. They can never agree on anything.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I haven't seem them do that song live. I'd like to hear the BN version.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I haven't seem them do that song live. I'd like to hear the BN version.
trust us, dee. you're not missing out.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't even know where she came up with the number 14. She's making the idea of a new album seem much more arduous than it would have to be. How about EIGHT songs. Anyone want 8 songs?

Also, I don't think Lindsey is concerned with music piracy.

Michele
New Order is releasing an 8-song album; it's being dubbed a "mini-album." That's good enough for me. Frankly, a new Mac album with Christine would be 12 tracks. So I don't see why Lindsey and Stevie should tack on an extra two each. . . the Mac is a POP band. 8 songs where they are forced to be "commercial"--err: PLEASURABLE--is what I want from them.

New Order - LOST SIRENS (mini-album)
http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/deta...s/hnum/1895612

I have a great idea. They could do 8 tracks, four each, plus a short instrumental. Call it Fleetwood Mac's 8-1/2!

It would also, a la the Fellini film, be the 8-1/2th Lindsey/Stevie studio album: BN, FM, R, T, M, TITN, TD, SYW.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 12-04-2012 at 06:15 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"I said to him, "We need to walk up there on that stage and we need to have fun. We need to enjoy oursevlesand we need to play our songs with joy because God knows how many people would trade straight across for our life, especially today.""
I love that. I find it incredibly sweet. Great interview. Purely based on these latest interviews, I'm very excited for what will be coming next year.