Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
One of three scenarios come to mind.

1: They were being benevolent and kept her out of the decision out of respect for her musical partnership with Lindsey.

2: They went behind her back because they knew she would protest and vote no anyway.

3: They waited until she was gone so that she couldn’t convince John to vote with her, preventing Lindsey, Christine, and John from blocking Stevie and Mick.
I choose #3. I always thought things happened that way. They all know each other very much. Christine has no reason to side with Stevie more than with Lindsey. When she wanted to record new music, Stevie said 'no'. Lindsey said 'yes'. John would have voted what she voted.

That's why they're talking about 'majority rules'. Too bad they don't talk about how they got it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm so happy you're back.
Shouldn't you be spitting wine in a bucket right now?
Old 05-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Mick says more on the escalator but the microphone is off. Maybe something about Linds being abusive, or something.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Mick says more on the escalator but the microphone is off. Maybe something about Linds being abusive, or something.
FFS, maybe he was trying to say ditching Lindsey was the only way to keep Stevie from throttling him as she did back in '87.

Last edited by Dr.Brown; 05-27-2018 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-27-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's family naturally would insinuate Stevie is the evil master of the "firing", she is daddy's ex and the years of onstage canoodling and speculation about the Stevie-Linds connections and Stevie still writing songs about it etc likely pissed Mommy and kids off.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I agree--I think she knew more then she let on--She looked way too uncomfortable to not have been given some type of heads up what was coming. I honestly think everyone of them were withholding some truths a bit in that interview.
It’s very possible she knew more than she let on. However, it’s just as likely that the source of her discomfort in the interview was her being required to get behind the new lineup. She came out of retirement for this?

Whatever she knew or didn’t know, it’s pretty clear she’s still holding on out of loyalty to Mick. The lure of more tour $ doesn’t hurt. But if a chance to record new music with Lindsey, either as a duo or under the FM headline, presented itself, she’d likely have jumped at the opportunity.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Whatever she knew or didn’t know, it’s pretty clear she’s still holding on out of loyalty to Mick. The lure of more tour $ doesn’t hurt. But if a chance to record new music with Lindsey, either as a duo or under the FM headline, presented itself, she’d likely have jumped at the opportunity.
Good point, Mick very well could have sold this new band setup and manipulated her into staying with Neil and Mike as 'Don't worry about Lindsey, he'll be fine....but hey we are going to make a new FM album....'
Old 05-27-2018, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's just trolling the board.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
and................................ we are back right down in the mud. Anger MacBuser and Goat Coke van Butt round 500.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I choose #3. I always thought things happened that way. They all know each other very much. Christine has no reason to side with Stevie more than with Lindsey. When she wanted to record new music, Stevie said 'no'. Lindsey said 'yes'. John would have voted what she voted.

That's why they're talking about 'majority rules'. Too bad they don't talk about how they got it.
We got new music last year. There was never going to be another album that had Stevie AND Lindsey on it. LBCM made that abundantly clear. I doubt new music factored into the decision to part with Lindsey or convince Christine to go along with the decision.

In any case, Christine publicly made it known that she wasn’t part of the decision and Lindsey’s “factions” comment supports that. There’s enough between the lines that we know how they got it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It is unusual for Mick to travel with a bodyguard. I hope some kook isn't legitimately threatening him over this latest brouhaha.
I'm surprised TMZ doesn't have Stevie staked out so they can ask her point blank.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Oh, she would have milked that, no question about it. If she was capable of an ultimatum, she's capable of anything. Lindsey's family seems pretty sure of the angle they're pursuing. If Lindsey had done something wrong especially to Stevie, they wouldn't be speaking on social media with such authority.
From the fan fiction being perpetuated here, it's clear that this is Stevie and Mick's fault. We will never know what the truth is. This band, no matter what the incarnation, has never been honest with us, and if they attempted to do so, has always left us with music. And that's why we are here.
Old 05-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It is unusual for Mick to travel with a bodyguard. I hope some kook isn't legitimately threatening him over this latest brouhaha.
I'm surprised TMZ doesn't have Stevie staked out so they can ask her point blank.
I’m guessing Stevie doesn’t travel commercial.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
From the fan fiction being perpetuated here, it's clear that this is Stevie and Mick's fault.
It’s not fan fiction when we go by what they say.

Lindsey said “certain factions within the band lost their perspective.”

Christine said she wasn’t part of the decision, and only learned about it when she got back to London.

Mick said that it was “muscle memory” in dealing with Lindsey, that they had reached an impasse, and had hit a brick wall.

And, Stevie talked about getting up and dancing every morning for the rest of her life.

Maybe the word “fault” is the wrong choice of word, but it’s pretty clear at how the situation came about.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-27-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
it’s pretty clear at how the situation came about.
The band has said that they fired Lindsey because he wouldn't tour for a year. Interestingly, Lindsey has not denied this.

If Lindsey was willing to tour, you'd think he would said something by now. However, Lindsey has not denied the band's story. No one associated with the Lindsey has denied the specifics of the story and said that Lindsey was willing to tour before next year.

I recently spoke with someone who works very closely with Lindsey and he confirmed that the band's story is essentially what actually happened. This person is a close associate of Lindsey and has no reason to tell me anything but the truth.

Despite the fact that I'm not aware of any evidence that the band's story isn't true, I know that almost everyone on this forum doesn't believe the band's story and instead believes that Lindsey was willing to tour and that Stevie and Mick conspired to fire the most important musical force in the band putting the band's future in doubt. It seems very unlikely that the band would fire their most important musical player without a legitimate cause.

Without resorting to name-calling and angry vitriol, I'm wondering if some of the "LindseyGate" conspiracy folks can post some concrete evidence that Lindsey was willing to tour this year and that there was, in fact, another reason for the firing. I'm open to that possibility, but would like to see some real evidence, such as a statement from someone with knowledge of the situation, and not the usual banter of name-calling aimed at Mick and Stevie.

For example, since he was fired, has Lindsey said he was willing to tour this year? Since the firing, has Lindsey denied the band's story? If he has, I haven't seen that denial.

I know Lindsey said in January that he was planning a Fleetwood Mac tour but he didn't say when that tour would be. My sources close to the band are telling me that Lindsey did plan to tour with Fleetwood Mac but in late 2019 and that was what he was referring to in that video from January. The band wanted to start the tour this fall and Lindsey wanted to put it off until late 2019.

Second, has Lindsey or someone associated with him or the band presented an alternate story or why the band fired him? If so, I haven't seen that.

If the conspiracy folks want to believe that Lindsey was willing to tour and the band's story is fiction then you need to come up with another plausible reason for why they would fire the band's central musical figure putting the band's future in jeopardy.

And you would need to present some evidence to support your theory of why Mick and Stevie would do this. Do you have any real evidence that's not conjecture? If so, please post it.

Lindsey did speak last week at that political benefit, but you may have noticed that he didn't deny the band's story. He simply said that the band has "lost perspective" which seems to, if anything, confirm rather than deny the band's account of events. He seemed to be implying that it was true that he wouldn't tour until 2019 and that the band had "lost perspective" by firing him rather than rescheduling the tour. Wouldn't he have denied the band's story and presented an alternate story if he believed that the band's story was fiction? It seems to me much more likely that Lindsey wanted to reschedule the tour until 2019 and the band didn't want to do that so they fired him which is exactly what the band is saying.

I know many of you believe that the band's story is a lie but do you all have any real objective evidence to support your belief or is it just based on gut feeling?

I'd be happy to be convinced that your theory has legs but I would need to see some real evidence such as someone close to the band presenting an alternative story.

If you don't have any real evidence, then you're simply spouting a conspiracy theory that has as much credibility as the moon landing conspiracy theories.