User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
update on who is Brett going with this fall, from someone close to him (in response to the Brett-Billy leak rumor):

"This is false. Brett isn't in touch with Billy and didn't leak anything to anyone. He's enjoyed working across band and solo projects for many years and loves and supports FM whatever direction the band takes. That said, there's always been a musical & personal brotherhood with Lindsey and he very much looks forward to getting back out on the road with him."
Can't wait to check out his solo show!
Old 04-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And of course, they have to drag Kristen's lifestyle into this. How she owns her horses and her houses to Stevie's success.
Stevie HAD her own horse... probably inspired KB
Stevie rocks up at the Farm ... "How is MY farm going? you know, you have money to do this because iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii am the band and your husband is my minion"

they would all still be riding horses if LB was a completely solo artist. he just wouldn't be gifting them to KB. they would be "Renting" them

[QUOTE=jmn3;1225150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

The only positive of this whole ****show is that you don't have to see grown ass adults gushing over (quite obviously emotionally vacant at this point) hugs and kisses between two senior citizens who had a relationship that ended over 40 years ago!!
40 years ago ... you mean 20
i ship the Ship and that has definitely added to the saddness of this DrahMah
sure 98% of this was staged phoney baloney...but you're paying for the performance and they know what (some) people are there to see. But i am here for the 2% that i think is actually real and heartfelt and hopefully from somewhere pure and without an agenda.

but i've been questioning a lot this past week

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 04-27-2018 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: add quotables
Old 04-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
update on who is Brett going with this fall, from someone close to him (in response to the Brett-Billy leak rumor):

"This is false. Brett isn't in touch with Billy and didn't leak anything to anyone. He's enjoyed working across band and solo projects for many years and loves and supports FM whatever direction the band takes. That said, there's always been a musical & personal brotherhood with Lindsey and he very much looks forward to getting back out on the road with him."
And that my friends is loyalty. Character doesn't change. I am sure he left a bigger paycheck on the table to stay true to himself and what he believes in. He can look himself in the mirror (unlike Christine McVie who is too busy staring at her fingernails).
Old 04-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
And that my friends is loyalty. Character doesn't change. I am sure he left a bigger paycheck on the table to stay true to himself and what he believes in. He can look himself in the mirror (unlike Christine McVie who is too busy staring at her fingernails).
Christine will be 75 and was out of commission for 16 (but really more like 23) years. She wants to do as much as she can now while there’s still time. From her vantage point, she could quit the band, which also features people she loves, and do nothing for a couple of years, OR she could do something constructive with her time, again, with people she also loves.

And, it’s lame that you’re trying to compare the the band’s primary hit writer to a sideman.

Lindsey wasn’t absolutist about it when she left. He didn’t say it’s all or none. The incomplete band played on.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-27-2018, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You are freaking awesome! Totally agree.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. Character doesn’t change. This wasn’t a rushed decision. Stevie has been whispering on Mick’s ear since Musicares. Lindsey didn’t have a chance.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-27-2018 at 09:37 PM..
Old 04-27-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I agree with everyone who is saying the tour will sell fine and that a lot of people from the TP camp will show up for Mike. He was indeed a very smart choice.

And it works doubly well for Stevie, who always said she wished she was in the Heartbreakers, that if Tom asked her to join she'd leave FM to join the HB. She's always wanted her music to sound like his, (she hired Jimmy Iovine to help do that) and now she's got one of the key architects of the HB sound in 'her' band.

Elsewhere people are betting that Stop Draggin My Heart Around will be added to the FM set this tour-- maybe even in place of Stand Back (or I think in addition to, but we'll see). It's a Stevie song, Mike co-wrote it, and it's a way to work in a tribute to Tom.

Now that Brett is out on keyboards, I'm waiting to see if she asks Benmont to join and support the tour as well. Then she'll really have the best of FM and the HB.
This makes me even more angry that Tambourine lady is RUINING Fm's legacy so she can be half a freaking heartbreaker. Which I believe is partly what's behind this. She's the absolute worst.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Christine will be 75 and was out of commission for 16 (but really more like 23) years. She wants to do as much as she can now while there’s still time. From her vantage point, she could quit the band, which also features people she loves, and do nothing for a couple of years, OR she could do something constructive with her time, again, with people she also loves.

And, it’s lame that you’re trying to compare the the band’s primary hit writer to a sideman.

Lindsey wasn’t absolutist about it when she left. He didn’t say it’s all or none. The incomplete band played on.
It isn't lame at all--their jobs in the group and the importance of each, weren't called into question, nor was I questioning her talent, I made a comment on her character.
She left of her own accord and he actually tried to preserve her legacy in the band by kiboshing Sheryl Crow. This situation is decidedly different and whether people are Stevie fans, Lindsey fans or fans of the band, they cannot be refuted. She quit, and by all accounts, Lindsey was fired.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Morgana
This message has been deleted by Morgana.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

KB’s post indicates that she holds all of the band members responsible for whatever went down in Lindsey’s firing. At first she tagged only the accounts she knew existed and then she edited it to call out everyone, even John!

Is it possible to take all this at face value? Mick, Stevie, Christine and John all wanted to tour this year. Lindsey did not. He wanted to do other things and push off the tour until November 2019. These seem to be the facts.

Then something went down after Musicares, making it clear that no compromise could be reached. Mick mentioned the muscle memory of negativity with Lindsey. Something occurred which caused Mick, Stevie and the others to decide to go on with the show minus Lindsey. This culminated in “the band” most likely in the form of Mick, unceremoniously firing Lindsey from the tour and swiftly replacing him. We know that Mick has no problem doing this as every lineup of the band is the result of Mick’s “forward progression.” I think the others just want to perform this year as planned and that is why they are doing the tour, plain and simple.

I see why Lindsey’s family members are upset - we all are - but until we hear Lindsey’s version of events, this is all we have to go on.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen to the interview with the band for Mick's version of how he picked the new people and why:

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/player/on-demand

this should go right to the FM interview
Old 04-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
KB’s post indicates that she holds all of the band members responsible for whatever went down in Lindsey’s firing. At first she tagged only the accounts she knew existed and then she edited it to call out everyone, even John!

Is it possible to take all this at face value? Mick, Stevie, Christine and John all wanted to tour this year. Lindsey did not. He wanted to do other things and push off the tour until November 2019. These seem to be the facts.

Then something went down after Musicares, making it clear that no compromise could be reached. Mick mentioned the muscle memory of negativity with Lindsey. Something occurred which caused Mick, Stevie and the others to decide to go on with the show minus Lindsey. This culminated in “the band” most likely in the form of Mick, unceremoniously firing Lindsey from the tour and swiftly replacing him. We know that Mick has no problem doing this as every lineup of the band is the result of Mick’s “forward progression.” I think the others just want to perform this year as planned and that is why they are doing the tour, plain and simple.

I see why Lindsey’s family members are upset - we all are - but until we hear Lindsey’s version of events, this is all we have to go on.
Well, I don't think Lindsey's family is being so vocal on social media about what happened without Lindsey's blessing. And even the tour delays are not very clear. RS says November 2019 and CBS says November 2018.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-28-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be great if we could all stick to the facts - this is what I've been attempting to do.

However, the band is being fairly wishy-washy about it all, and Lindsey is being completely silent, understandably leading most fans to wonder what really happened to cause the firing.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That's not actually true. It's a very altered version of the truth to make Lindsey look mostly at fault, the band look innocent, like they had no other choice. Many of the people who had known about this for long before it was actually announced have said so as well. Even watching/listening to the interviews, it's so obvious that they're lying.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
It would be great if we could all stick to the facts - this is what I've been attempting to do.

However, the band is being fairly wishy-washy about it all, and Lindsey is being completely silent, understandably leading most fans to wonder what really happened to cause the firing.
yeah that's the thing. It *could* in theory be just a scheduling thing, but there's something really 'off' about their body language, their demeanor, their use of a very careful script that suggest there is far more to this.

I was thinking about that earlier today. It is in everyone's best interests to just say "it was a scheduling conflict" and move on. Whatever the rest of it was, no matter who was at fault, they don't want to talk about it.

So what might it have been? Knowing these guys, it could be literally ANYTHING you could imagine and a lot we probably would never have imagined, and therefore that's why people are just pondering different possibilities. I wouldn't say all of it is conspiracy theories, I would just say it's people who have followed this dysfunctional bunch for so long tossing out actual possibilities in an effort to understand.

Stories have been shared that something ugly happened the night of Musicares (1/26). Of course it didn't show onstage because they are all professionals onstage. But whatever it was it seems to have been enough that Stevie said she couldn't/would't work with Lindsey again. Did it get physical? Did they just say vicious things to each other? We don't know. Lindsey certainly from his demeanor with fans the next day (1/27) didn't think it was something that would break up the band. It seems like Chris didn't think it was something that would break up the band either, as she flew off to London and (though it is distinctly possible she's just saying nothing because she wants to stay out of it) but she gives no indication something made her go back to London thiking/knowing the band was going to break up.

Mike was called almost immediately after Musicares. He was locked in by 6 days later (2/1). In the Sirius interview Neil says he was called 2 weeks before the band met in Maui. They met there on 3/21 so he was called late Feb. Mick says Mike was already confirmed and definitely in the band by then (and really sooner, coz he himself admits he was called by *Mick* on 2/1. Notice that still leaves the definite possibility that *Stevie* called him before that.) Personally, I just can't imagine the first call he'd get was from Mick, given how close he and Stevie are. My opinion is she would have contacted him to feel him out before that, but who knows.

So given how fast Mike was signed on, even if we just go by the official story, it would make only 6 days after musicares.... the decision to go without Lindsey was made very very fast but not by everyone. LB didn't seem to convey he was out the day after the show, and Chris didn't seem to indicate he was out after the show, but within a matter of days he was out and Mike was in. Given Stevie's relationship with Mike, and knowing he was out of a gig at the time, it's hard NOT to imagine Stevie telling Mick she cannot work with him again, and immediately thinking of Mike. It would seem Mick was an easy sell on this, but they had to convince John that they should give Lindsey the boot first.

Neill took them a bit longer to decide on. Stevie says on CBS they sat around a table and listened to everyone they could think of to pick someone....was Chris part of that?? That is so not clear. Was she still in London? But it didn't take more than a week or two, given that he was called around 3/7 (which is exactly 2 weeks before they met and played in Maui).

I'm just thinking that everyone thought blaming it on scheduling kept their dirty laundry private which benefits (they think) everyone. Lindsey won't come out and say "no it wasn't scheduling, it was actually that I had a massive anger fit and said these awful things" (I'm just positing a hypothesis here). So they know they can say "scheduling" and it whitewashes EVERYONE'S bad behavior.

The problem is they are telegraphing in other ways (intentional or unintentional-- and I tend to think unintentionally) that they are lying, or not being fully truthful. Whether LB will ever say what it was depends on how much of what really happened will reflect poorly on him.

This band still has a dysfunctional loyalty of covering their dirty laundry. It's just a question now if LB will play along with it.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-28-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Old 04-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That's not actually true. It's a very altered version of the truth to make Lindsey look mostly at fault, the band look innocent, like they had no other choice. Many of the people who had known about this for long before it was actually announced have said so as well. Even watching/listening to the interviews, it's so obvious that they're lying.
There's always a choice, but of course, they have to come as the poor victims on Lindsey's hands. November 2019 is a lie, like it was already seen on CBS. It's nice to find an excuse to keep on blaming Lindsey, but these people are not coming as innocent band members who couldn't wait anymore for Lindse and they had to fire him.