Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok, I found something I love $tevie's voice on. Hypmotized! Neil sounds excellent and backing vocals fit so nicely. And that's on a short clip. Must have sounded pristine in concert.
I really hope they do a Soundstage or similar recording of this tour and yes I loved Hypnotized.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-04-2018 at 03:17 PM..
Old 10-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
There's a list.
The Scorned Ones.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
I haven't posted much lately mainly because I've tried to avoid the negativity that has taken over as of late. I will admit I was apprehensive going into this, but the setlist has intrigued me. Regardless of where you stand, you have to admit that FM shook it up a bit. Do I wish Lindsey was still in the band? Absolutely, but I don't think Stevie and everyone else are the vile beings some say they are. I think it's extremely unfortunate that these people couldn't put aside their differences for one more tour, but I don't see the point of worrying so much about something that cannot be changed. With that said, I wish both Lindsey and Fleetwood Mac good luck. I'm thinking of getting a ticket to the STL FM show. This will be my first time seeing FM (I saw Stevie and BuckVie last year). I just wish Lindsey had a show closer to me, since travel doesn't work with my work/school schedule.
Well said and 100% agree.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I really hope they do a Soundstage or similar recording of this tour and yes I loved Hypnotized.
^^^ Please. They professionally record every tour so a blu-ray release of this setlist would be KILLER.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 10-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok, I found something I love $tevie's voice on. Hypmotized! Neil sounds excellent and backing vocals fit so nicely. And that's on a short clip. Must have sounded pristine in concert.
His voice does sound well suited to that song.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
Are you sure about that? The Tulsa World review above stated it was a sold out show.
Articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows.
Venues will always claim to be sold out because it makes the venue look better, more appealing.
Most hockey and football venues will claim sold out status AT THE EVENT, whether they are or not. Hypes crowds for upcoming games.

The only way to know for sure, is to ck Ticketmaster (or sites similar) just before an event to get an accurate reading of what is left for sale.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Free Fallin was awful. Why does Stevie Nicks always feel the need to gain sympathy from people and her audience? I seriously ask this question to people on this board who are more knowledgeable about her than me. Using Tom Petty's death to do this makes me sick. What are these people doing?
Agree. The way it came across was cringe.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I'll mention it again for those in the back - it is a shame they couldn't work things out with Lindsey, especially at this stage. That said, they are moving on, Lindsey is moving on. So, maybe we can all move on too? Stop trashing the "side" that you aren't on and spend that energy positively by supporting the "side" that you are on by going to their shows. After all, both "sides" are touring. We have choices! Of course, there's also not choosing a side at all and taking this for what it is.

As for me, I plan to see FM in Dec in San Diego. I'm not seeing Lindsey, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trash his Kimmel performance or any future videos I might watch of his. I wish him the best.

Jamie
This is the most rational and level headed post I've seen on this board in a very long time. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. You're awesome!
Old 10-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows.
Venues will always claim to be sold out because it makes the venue look better, more appealing.
Most hockey and football venues will claim sold out status AT THE EVENT, whether they are or not. Hypes crowds for upcoming games.

The only way to know for sure, is to ck Ticketmaster (or sites similar) just before an event to get an accurate reading of what is left for sale.
I have no idea how well the show sold, but I have seen many reviews that said whether an arena sold out or not- many times they'll even give a number, which I assume they were told by the venue. So I really question your comment that "articles will always write that venues were sold out, it helps to sell more tickets to subsequent shows." Why would the writer care how subsequent shows sell? A writer is not going to lie about it.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have a video for All Over Again?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Are we just agreeing to ignore the total butchering of the Free Falling lyrics?

Not much of a tribute when you don't nail the lyrics.
I noticed that too. I think something happened to the monitor. She points and Mike looks and then says something to Chris and then Stevie. Hopefully it's a better performance next time. It's a shame she has lost so much range in her voice. Her vocals on the recorded Free Falling were so good.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
So, it’s an FU to Lindsey when they DON’T play something, and it’s also an FU to Lindsey when they DO play something?
And.....mic drop. Some people are so hell bent on hating, they can't keep track of their own complaints.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great concert, here and there. My two favorites are

Storms. Excellent performance, even better than the 2009 rendition. I don't know anymore who is playing what because there are so many instrumentalists—who's playing the delicate Fender Rhodes lines? Who's playing the subtle, poignant string patch that swells in and out of the sound field? The arrangement is a homage to the old studio track. Chillingly good. Only one flaw: The song should have ended on a B minor, not a D major. You could feel the B minor coming for the final minute, and it should have resolved to the minor—it was like a word on the tip of your tongue that got replaced with a less suitable word because you forgot it.

Hypnotized. Another great performance, very studio-ish, very careful. Sometimes the carefulness is boring, but sometimes—like on these propulsive ballads—the craftsmanship adds to the emotional punch. Somebody is playing the hypnotic electric piano part from 1973—again, don't know who. Glad it's there because it adds to the elegance and mystique. Backup singers are always best when they don't sound like backup singers. On this one, they sound like beckoning sirens in those Carolina swamps.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of the others, like All Over Again and Don't Dream It's Over. Would love to hear one or two more early slow blues, like I Loved Another Woman or Before the Beginning. I'm not looking forward to hearing The Chain, Dreams, Gold Dust Woman, and so on because, like Rhiannon, those same arrangements are being trotted out for the 100th time. Nothing special or unique there. Those songs are withering on the vine until and unless the band opts to reimagine them somehow.

Idea: What if they tried Crystal with Neil Finn on lead vocal and Stevie on harmony vocal? I also think Southern Accents would make a better tribute than Free Falling, which sounds like dodgy curbside garbage.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Idea: What if they tried Crystal with Neil Finn on lead vocal and Stevie on harmony vocal? I also think Southern Accents would make a better tribute than Free Falling, which sounds like dodgy curbside garbage.
If they performed Crystal, I think I would cry tears of joy.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Dreams:Tulsa

http://youtu.be/MSlIhlkj8VQ