User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Literary Exhibitionist - Matthew's Top Albums of the Decade
By The Literary Exhibitionist
Stevie seems to be jumping on the bandwagon of a disappointing trend of artists going on tour just for the sake of touring, with no new material to promote -- which Fleetwood Mac did (with Stevie) in 2009 as well. ...
The Literary Exhibitionist - http://machupicchu.livejournal.com/
Old 12-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Next summer will be a dream come true for soft rock fans, as the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will hit the road together. Premiere Radio has confirmed that plans are under way for the two groups to do one-off shows in football and baseball stadiums, and multiple nights in arenas. If this happens, it will be the first time since July 1976 in Foxboro, Massachusetts that the two bands shared a stage. Stevie Nicks and Don Henley played a few shows together in 2005, the same year a tour between the two groups was first proposed. If this tour comes together, Stevie Nicks will be sharing the stage with four ex-boyfriends: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley and Joe Walsh.

http://www.tommieandthebartender.com...ock-roundup-2/
Old 12-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Next summer will be a dream come true for soft rock fans, as the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will hit the road together. Premiere Radio has confirmed that plans are under way for the two groups to do one-off shows in football and baseball stadiums, and multiple nights in arenas. If this happens, it will be the first time since July 1976 in Foxboro, Massachusetts that the two bands shared a stage. Stevie Nicks and Don Henley played a few shows together in 2005, the same year a tour between the two groups was first proposed. If this tour comes together, Stevie Nicks will be sharing the stage with four ex-boyfriends: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley and Joe Walsh.

http://www.tommieandthebartender.com...ock-roundup-2/
The only thing Premiere Radio can confirm is that they read the LiveDaily piece and basically copied & pasted its contents.

The most convincing information we've heard thus far is HenleyFan's confirmation that there is weight to this story. Whether it becomes a done deal? Who knows. The Rumours re-issue was supposedly a done deal (even mentioned in countless press-releases, and almost held up as the impetus for the Unleashed tour), and we all know how that turned out.

All this speculation is making my head hurt, though.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Thumbnail sketch... as far as the US goes, Eagles have been certified for 100M units (albums)- Fleetwood Mac, less than half that (48.5). (Source- http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumd...able=tblTopArt)

Eagles Greatest Hits (biggest selling album in US history) is currently at 29M. So, minus that from 100... and its still Eagles 71, FM 48.5.

When you minus FM's Greatest Hits, AKA Rumours (ba-dum-bum-ching), which certs' at 19, FM's certified total goes down to 29.5.

Granted, this is all pretty general and not perfect analysis... but when you combine these basic facts with the fact that Eagles still have all the principals of their heyday in their touring band along with the fact that they are WAY more successful of a touring act than FM, I don't know how anyone could make an argument that Fleetwood Mac (2010 version) is anywhere even close to being on par with the Eagles in terms of power/success.
Well, I wasnt sure, and I figured you would provide the facts. I fully admit the Eagles would be the bigger draw and thats just the way it is.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok so let's talk logistics. How long would each set be? I'm guessing 90-100 minutes. More importantly though, is how long in between sets? For example how are they going to work the 2 bands equipment issues out? I mean this isnt exactly some nobody band opening up where their drums and amps etc can just be hauled off the stage in 5min.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Ok so let's talk logistics. How long would each set be? I'm guessing 90-100 minutes. More importantly though, is how long in between sets? For example how are they going to work the 2 bands equipment issues out? I mean this isnt exactly some nobody band opening up where their drums and amps etc can just be hauled off the stage in 5min.
I have a good idea. Each band on both sides of the football field. Two stages. The Eagles perform a song then everybody turns around and Fleetwood Mac performs a song. Then everybody turns around and well you get the idea. But which way would you turn David when Stevie and Don sing Leather and Lace across the stadium to each other? Well it really doesn't matter you may think to yourself cause you'll probably attend 17 shows and so you'll figure it out when you get there.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I have a good idea. Each band on both sides of the football field. Two stages. The Eagles perform a song then everybody turns around and Fleetwood Mac performs a song. Then everybody turns around and well you get the idea.
lol...the visual of that is quite funny!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
This is bad, very very bad! Either get into the studio or split up! It's that simple!
they're totally gonna split up after THIS tour if it eventuates
bye bye new studio album

this SUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
How about Lindsey and Don singing L&L to each other while Stevie twirls in the background? I would pay to see that!

Linds and Don can do background vocals and hand gestures during Sara

I think Don should sing Rhiannon and Lindsey and Stevie can go around flapping bat wings everywhere

i do like the idea of each band at one end each of the football stadium
tho i can see some rivalry happening
hotel california starts...stevie starts singing away
lindsey...behind her is shooting daggers
he thinks #$&) this and turns his guitar up super loud
and starts GYOW

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-16-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Old 12-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

This will be the end of Fleetwood Mac.

Nice having you
Old 12-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

A friend of ours who works for the Eagles told us a long time ago we should always remember this when it comes to the band:

Nothing is fact in Eagle Land until it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
The only thing Premiere Radio can confirm is that they read the LiveDaily piece and basically copied & pasted its contents.

The most convincing information we've heard thus far is HenleyFan's confirmation that there is weight to this story. Whether it becomes a done deal? Who knows. The Rumours re-issue was supposedly a done deal (even mentioned in countless press-releases, and almost held up as the impetus for the Unleashed tour), and we all know how that turned out.

All this speculation is making my head hurt, though.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow... you guys need to chill out.

You honestly think they're going to break up after this tour happens? Wow. Way to keep the faith!
Old 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think alot of people are missing the point.

FM have just finished a "Greatest Hits" tour.....who would shell out a whole wad of cash to see the same thing again.

We want a new bloody album not another tour.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
I think alot of people are missing the point.

FM have just finished a "Greatest Hits" tour.....who would shell out a whole wad of cash to see the same thing again.

We want a new bloody album not another tour.
Especially not with Eagles, who FM tried during the 70's to NOT become! That's why we all love Tusk, right??

As for 90-100 minute sets, that makes total lenth 180-200 minutes, over 3 hours. Doubtful. I'm going more towards 60-odd minute sets, pure 'best of' material. 3/4 of FM's set would be Rumours.

As for me.. i'm still crossing my fingers and toes hoping this disaster won't make it. I still have the faith, i'm sure there'll be another album in late 2010/2011.
if not, we have more LB to look forward to, after SN/FM/Eagles are done and dusted.

- Spike
Old 12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

We're hearing it's going to be about a 4 hour show total.

It's looking like late summer at a handful of stadiums on both coasts.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com

Last edited by HenleyFan; 12-16-2009 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenleyFan View Post
We're hearing it's going to be about a 4 hour show total.

It's looking like late summer at a handful of stadiums on both coasts.

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
4 hours? Aaaaaaargh!!