Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Aren't all songwriters who aren't Leonard Cohen *SO* cute for even trying???

Old 05-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Thank you. Congrats on that 5 (it's impossible for me ). Oh god, I wish I had an AP test for math...I'm taking AP Calculus next year. I'm completely opposite of you with math tho because for some odd reason I can understand it -- my friends love/hate me for it...I'm calm now after being nervous for a while. Nervousness won't help me... (who the hell am I kidding lol)

BTW, does anyone have any ****ing idea what a pesticide treadmill is??
It was on the free response section of the practice ap and all I wrote was: pesticide treadmill?? wtf!
Yeah, math & I never got along at all. I did all right in my physics classes, because I could sort of see what that math was doing, but AP Calc would've killed me dead before I even made it through the door. So I very much envy you that ability, especially when everyone in my family are math whiz engineers - up until the day she died, my mom was STILL asking me when I was going to get a "real job," because writing is apparently not a real job.

Watch, you will get your 5 when you take the Calc test.

PS - My initial gut feeling wanted me to say that a pesticide treadmill would be like Stevie's treadmill in the "Stand Back" video, cos you know Mama was all, "Spray that down with some Raid before I get on it. Do you have any idea the kind of havoc even a single moth would wreak on all this chiffon?"

...but then I thought that would be too obscure, even for an AP test, so I consulted the Oracle (by which I mean Google), and it turns out that "pesticide treadmill" is the term used to refer to the neverending cycle of us using too many pesticides in agriculture and the bugs getting all resistant to them and junk.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 05-02-2010, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG guys. So earlier this week I had mentioned ( I think) something about this band Dear Lovely. Well I just got home (4:33 AM) and I had a blast. So they are this Christian screamo/hardcore band. Well obviously, I am an Atheist, so it is very strange for me to be listening to this. Well anyway, so tonight was their very last show ever. It was just great, and more than I even expected. So right off the bat, the very first song they played was my favorite song. So yeah, point is, it was very bittersweet considering it was the first time I had seen them, and it being their last show ever.

So it was a mixture of and

Now I have "Hallelujah, salvation has come to the lonely ones.." stuck in my head.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So yesterday at my garage sale, my mom ran into one of her friends who's a teacher. She's doing a uniit on rock and influential bands. Anyway I've been doing a music presentation for kids, and she's asked me to come in. Very excited now....cause i can rescue more kids from lady gaga and Kanye West hell..and I have done it before. Any way looking forward to it

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
So yesterday at my garage sale, my mom ran into one of her friends who's a teacher. She's doing a uniit on rock and influential bands. Anyway I've been doing a music presentation for kids, and she's asked me to come in. Very excited now....cause i can rescue more kids from lady gaga and Kanye West hell..and I have done it before. Any way looking forward to it

Mick
That sounds really cool. When I was young I used to try to convert everyone in my path into a SN fan, but I never bother anymore. People will like what they like and discover what they will in their own time. I enjoy Lady Gaga and Kanye West very much but although I may not listen to Stevie as much(anymore) she will always hold a special place in my heart and I will always go see her live when she comes to a City near me, even though the order of her set list drives me bonkers.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And if I can't find my way back home, it just wouldn't be fair, cause precious and few are the moments we could share.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56b.jpg (49.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 05-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know......I really don't try to convert anybody....more like let 'em now what's out there and the responses are surprisingly positive. and it's a blast to boot. you know I bring in music samples and we sing and rock out and it's really fun and I've had so many kids come up to me and ask me what albums i recommend and That makes me feel good. So i'm spreding sunshine through music. lol

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Yeah, math & I never got along at all. I did all right in my physics classes, because I could sort of see what that math was doing, but AP Calc would've killed me dead before I even made it through the door. So I very much envy you that ability, especially when everyone in my family are math whiz engineers - up until the day she died, my mom was STILL asking me when I was going to get a "real job," because writing is apparently not a real job.

Watch, you will get your 5 when you take the Calc test.

PS - My initial gut feeling wanted me to say that a pesticide treadmill would be like Stevie's treadmill in the "Stand Back" video, cos you know Mama was all, "Spray that down with some Raid before I get on it. Do you have any idea the kind of havoc even a single moth would wreak on all this chiffon?"

...but then I thought that would be too obscure, even for an AP test, so I consulted the Oracle (by which I mean Google), and it turns out that "pesticide treadmill" is the term used to refer to the neverending cycle of us using too many pesticides in agriculture and the bugs getting all resistant to them and junk.

LOL @ the Stevie treadmill...I should have written that down =]
And you have to be ****ing kidding me lol that's what the treadmill thing was...I'm gonna kill my teacher for never using that term =[

According to like...EVERYONE our ap calc teacher is amazing, and no one has ever failed her class or got below a 3 on the ap exam. So, I'm pretty hopeful. I don't think I'm gonna have any career that involves science or math because well...I don't know what I want to do..My cousin told me that I should be an English major...I hate that I'm 17, I have one more year of high school, and I still don't know what I want to do
Old 05-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
According to like...EVERYONE our ap calc teacher is amazing, and no one has ever failed her class or got below a 3 on the ap exam. So, I'm pretty hopeful. I don't think I'm gonna have any career that involves science or math because well...I don't know what I want to do..My cousin told me that I should be an English major...I hate that I'm 17, I have one more year of high school, and I still don't know what I want to do
I'm 20, done with two years of college, and I still don't know what I want to do.

Don't worry, you still have time! You'll take classes and start to narrow down your choices.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm nearly 17 with one year of College before I go to University, which I think are the eqivalents of High School and College, in that order and I still wanna be a rock n roll star

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I'm nearly 17 with one year of College before I go to University, which I think are the eqivalents of High School and College, in that order and I still wanna be a rock n roll star
Make sure to major in "Rosebud Rhiannon" when you go to University then!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just saw my favorite band play every song they've put on a studio album live over five consecutive nights. I'm sore and coughing and my ears are still ringing but I really can't imagine anything better than this!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I just saw my favorite band play every song they've put on a studio album live over five consecutive nights. I'm sore and coughing and my ears are still ringing but I really can't imagine anything better than this!
Heaven.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
If only you were talking about Fleetwood Mac and the reunion of ALL it's members.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Registered

Default It's like a death in the family.

JTIS that it's Type O Negative Appreciation Night again at Casa del Zombie because I am still feeling terribly maudlin over the recent death of Peter Steele.

Oh Pete.

So here's a song called "Love You to Death" for y'all, off my favorite Type O album, October Rust:

I cannot count how many copies of that album I have run into the ground over the years.

I also cannot count how many little metalhead babies were conceived in the world while that album played over the years, but I am going to guess it was about a bajillion. Well, a bajillion and one, if we count my son. Ha!

And a fun one, as well - Pete spent many albums cataloging his lady troubles, and while it sucks that he had so many of them, they did bring us some brilliantly hilarious songs.

So here's the Drab Four again with "Unsuccessfully Coping with the Natural Beauty of Infidelity (I Know You're F*cking Someone Else)", from the '91 album Slow, Deep and Hard. That song is rather...NSFW, so just be aware. Wish I could've found my favorite live version, because it's even funnier (for instance, it ends with him shouting, "Yeah, thanks for the memories, you fat ass bitch!"), but no one has it on teh YouTubes.

It really sucks when an artist you have adored for years dies, and Pete was only 48. Way, way too young. Sigh.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''