Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I agree re: Edge of 17. Not great.
Whew, I was starting to think I was the only one. It seems Edge is going down the same sad road Rhiannon has been on for 2 decades. The upper range and elasticity of Stevie's voice has just vanished completely.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Whew, I was starting to think I was the only one. It seems Edge is going down the same sad road Rhiannon has been on for 2 decades. The upper range and elasticity of Stevie's voice has just vanished completely.
I wasn't too enthralled with it, but my problem was more with Lori and Sharon. I just thought they were overwhelmingly loud in this performance and it was sooo grating to me.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't care about how her footwear looks on tour. But it is worrisom if her hips and knees are bad right now. That doesn't bode well for how things will go throughout 2015.

With Edge, I thought it was not as exciting as it was in concert, but for me where I get the momentum most is the intro before she starts which is extended. Obviously they couldn't do that on the Tonight show. Then, the second thing I really like is after the Edge walk when she circles the back up singers and comes back to her mic. It just seems like after the lull the whole audience is so excited for the song to start again and it kind of revives the whole anticipation I felt during the songs opening notes. I mean, it's like you have been on a short little journey together and now you've come to the last hill on the rollercoaster, which means more because of everything that preceded it.

Michele
Old 04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I feel the same way about Sister of the Moon on last years cash grab tour..After having seen her perform it on both the Tusk tour and having been there for the famous Mirage tour Forum show they would have had to pay me to sit through the 2013 version.
Sisters 2013 was bloody awful.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I gotta say I didn't love "Storms" either. I think it had too much percussion and lost that delicate feel the studio version had.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I gotta say I didn't love "Storms" either. I think it had too much percussion and lost that delicate feel the studio version had.
"Beautiful Child" from the SYW Tour, however, was bloody AMAZING!
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My main problem with Edge was the backing vocals.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie was basically shouting during the Fallon performance of "Edge". She needs to accept that her voice just doesn't really cut it live these days and focus on recording whilst she can. Subtlety could become her new best friend...
Old 04-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
"Beautiful Child" from the SYW Tour, however, was bloody AMAZING!
I agree.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
My main problem with Edge was the backing vocals.
Yep. I had the same exact thoughts...
Old 04-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
Agreed. But Beautiful Child did work beautifully on stage!!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post

Sisters was bloody awful, and, based on the copious amounts of available video footage, it seemed to get worse as the tour continued. The extended vocalizations at the VERY end of some performances were almost embarrassing.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I disagree with you guys about her 3 Tusk songs we've been treated to the past 3 tours. Of the 3, Storms was by far the most satisfying. Most say it wasn't whispery enough but I freaking loved the way she sang. It might be the most I've been blown away by Stevie's vocal in a whole song in the 7 times I've seen Stevie either solo or with the Mac since 2003. It was mesmerizing. And it's just as good in all the bootlegs out there on YouTube. Beautiful child to me wasn't anywhere near as good as the studio version except for it's ending live which always blew me away.

Sisters clearly is third, but I'm not nearly as dissociated as most of you. As I've said many times it just suffered from the worst possible arrangement fleetwood Mac have ever chosen to do with one of their songs live. If sisters had been a stand alone song maybe in the encore or behind go your own way and made 6-7 minutes long it wouldve been 20 times better.

But what they did was just downright awkward at times. Stevies long and low sisters after every verse shouldn't have been in the song. U did like how she would go ahh ahh ahh tho. And then the songs climax where she pulls back the mic was completely put of place. That section was always sung slowly and Then followed by Stevie yelling. She sounds so weird belting that part like that. But any time she belts it's at least somewhat enjoyable. And her extended vocalizations at the end never seemed embarrassing to me.

Overall I'm glad it was done, and hope they bring it back and play it right. The fact that Stevie's vocal wasn't the problem means its an easy fix. Maybe with Chris back they'll move worlds turning to the main set,, ditch the 4 song tusk block and play sisters in the encore.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I disagree with you guys about her 3 Tusk songs we've been treated to the past 3 tours. Of the 3, Storms was by far the most satisfying. Most say it wasn't whispery enough but I freaking loved the way she sang. It might be the most I've been blown away by Stevie's vocal in a whole song in the 7 times I've seen Stevie either solo or with the Mac since 2003. It was mesmerizing. And it's just as good in all the bootlegs out there on YouTube. Beautiful child to me wasn't anywhere near as good as the studio version except for it's ending live which always blew me away.

Sisters clearly is third, but I'm not nearly as dissociated as most of you. As I've said many times it just suffered from the worst possible arrangement fleetwood Mac have ever chosen to do with one of their songs live. If sisters had been a stand alone song maybe in the encore or behind go your own way and made 6-7 minutes long it wouldve been 20 times better.

But what they did was just downright awkward at times. Stevies long and low sisters after every verse shouldn't have been in the song. U did like how she would go ahh ahh ahh tho. And then the songs climax where she pulls back the mic was completely put of place. That section was always sung slowly and Then followed by Stevie yelling. She sounds so weird belting that part like that. But any time she belts it's at least somewhat enjoyable. And her extended vocalizations at the end never seemed embarrassing to me.

Overall I'm glad it was done, and hope they bring it back and play it right. The fact that Stevie's vocal wasn't the problem means its an easy fix. Maybe with Chris back they'll move worlds turning to the main set,, ditch the 4 song tusk block and play sisters in the encore.
With Chris coming back, Lindsey and Stevie won't be singing the more obscure stuff.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved Storms and Beautiful Child. Sisters had its moments, good and bad.