User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
I also hope he's not planning on coming over during the Olympics . Or would he be that stupid ?
funny you should mention that - we were just discussing pluses and minuses of that happening on FB! considering they had problems with venues being already booked for march, there's probably zero chance of any openings during the Olympics.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
funny you should mention that - we were just discussing pluses and minuses of that happening on FB! considering they had problems with venues being already booked for march, there's probably zero chance of any openings during the Olympics.
Absolutely!!!! If it was to happen at all it would have to be before or after!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
For consolation, i watched the "Songs fm the small machine" DVD on jan.1st. with the tv hooked up to the stereo. And even if it's not the same as sitting there, or better : standing at the stage with LB's sweat falling on you, you know what ? i survived the cancellation .
And if he never comes to Europe i'll survive that too. Don't get me wrong : i love the man and his music but there are worse things in life than a cancelled concert.
(I do feel bad for the people who came all the way from Australia/New Zeeland/USA for nothing ; that's a bummer. )

That said and having just booked our summer holiday, i'm now worried that IF he decides to come to Europe it will be when i'm in Spain and therefore unable to go
I also hope he's not planning on coming over during the Olympics . Or would he be that stupid ?
You're OK with it, but you're not really OK with it - I think this sums up how we're all feeling!

Last edited by McTrouble; 01-10-2012 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: ooops, spelling dreadful due to wine lol!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I can't quite agree on keeping the meet and greet. It cost me £350+ for the meet and greet ticket but that included a front row seat to the concert. I'd not want to pay that much money just to tell him how much I like his music. If he'd kept the meet and greet and cancelled the concerts I'd have asked for my money back.
I do feel he would have needed to refund some of the cost back if only the M & G had happened.

Still, to plenty of fans, it would have been worth 350 pounds to meet Lindsey!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

I haven't watched the blu ray yet, I don't feel like it yet and probably won't until the website is properly updated to at least acknowledge the British fans.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
I haven't watched the blu ray yet, I don't feel like it yet and probably won't until the website is properly updated to at least acknowledge the British fans.
It's really quite incredible how this issue is still affecting UK/Ireland fans - me included!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
It's really quite incredible how this issue is still affecting UK/Ireland fans - me included!
Yeah. I think it's because for awhile we were uncertain that it was true, then we hoped for a reschedule, then it was completely cancelled - and now all has gone quiet. I think if a message had been posted on LB's site explaining that at this moment in time it has been impossible to reschedule, but at some point in the future they hope to; then I for one wouldn't feel as upset about the whole thing. The silence has a danger of coming across as indifference. I don't think that's the case but when you have disappointed fans it's best to say something.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Yeah. I think it's because for awhile we were uncertain that it was true, then we hoped for a reschedule, then it was completely cancelled - and now all has gone quiet. I think if a message had been posted on LB's site explaining that at this moment in time it has been impossible to reschedule, but at some point in the future they hope to; then I for one wouldn't feel as upset about the whole thing. The silence has a danger of coming across as indifference. I don't think that's the case but when you have disappointed fans it's best to say something.
It is, and that's very hurtful - like we don't matter in the least!

An apology and a promise of a future tour (even if it meant a while off) would have gone a long long way to making us feel better!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
it's completely idiotic that this has not been posted and that "hold on to your tickets" message is still there.

every time when i bring up the state of LB's website, especially in comparison to web sites of so many other bands these days, my husband goes "what do you expect? he's an old man... he doesn't care about some web stuff." as much as i refuse to accept that because of LB's unbelievably young energy and recent albums, he might be right.

Last edited by elle; 01-12-2012 at 08:17 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do I rake this up again? You bet I bloody well do!

Just when I think I might be getting over it, I listen to the USC thingy interview.

Could have re-scheduled from June onwards? This was too late so decided to cancel?

Too late for who? Not for your fans Lindsey, we would have waited a LOT longer than that to get our shows!

You obviously don't care about your English/Irish/European fans - so what do I care about you right now? Not a great deal - I feel cheated, bitter, and just plain

Oh, and until Neale's message, what apology?

I expect to be jumped on now but I think another rant was justified!

Can I ask what other UK fans are feeling after listening to that particular part of the interview?
Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
Do I rake this up again? You bet I bloody well do!

Just when I think I might be getting over it, I listen to the USC thingy interview.

Could have re-scheduled from June onwards? This was too late so decided to cancel?

Too late for who? Not for your fans Lindsey, we would have waited a LOT longer than that to get our shows!

You obviously don't care about your English/Irish/European fans - so what do I care about you right now? Not a great deal - I feel cheated, bitter, and just plain

Oh, and until Neale's message, what apology?

I expect to be jumped on now but I think another rant was justified!

Can I ask what other UK fans are feeling after listening to that particular part of the interview?
I still have the last 15 mins to listen to. I'm assuming it's in this part that the UK tour is mentioned? My computer started playing up right after the 'Stevie has given up alot to be Stevie' talk.

I really enjoyed the first 45 minutes of the interview. Going by your post, I imagine that when I listen on, I'm not going to be as impressed.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Lindsey is unwell and hasnt time to respond - LOL

Old 01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

I really feel for Viv and all of you regarding this matter. Oh how I do. I feel like, at the very least and out of consideration, the dang website should be updated with some clarity and an acknowlegment. I am not pleased with the way this has been handled. These fans deserve more than this. I'm not going to lie, not thrilled with Lindsey over this matter. I know he loves his fans, and I know he's old, but even his wife has a flashy/very updated website. I don't want to be a downer but he's not infallible. This wasn't handled fairly. I agree with Viv. Neale was gracious and lovely to apologize, but he didn't need to. Let me not get more heated in here...

Still love you LB, but honestly THIS I do not.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm not even going to bother listening to the interview. Reading posts here is enough to upset me again.

I wish I was a fan of somebody who respected all of his fans.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I really feel for Viv and all of you regarding this matter. Oh how I do. I feel like, at the very least and out of consideration, the dang website should be updated with some clarity and an acknowlegment. I am not pleased with the way this has been handled. These fans deserve more than this. I'm not going to lie, not thrilled with Lindsey over this matter. I know he loves his fans, and I know he's old, but even his wife has a flashy/very updated website. I don't want to be a downer but he's not infallible. This wasn't handled fairly. I agree with Viv. Neale was gracious and lovely to apologize, but he didn't need to. Let me not get more heated in here...

Still love you LB, but honestly THIS I do not.
I really appreciate how gracious and supportive you are, Nico - you really understand how a lot of us are feeling right now.

Someone suggested to me that maybe Lindsey thought nobody from over here would hear this interview - but I can't really believe he's that thick!!!!