Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gotta love how he pauses with " pain in the balls...... of your feet."

Last edited by Fiver; 04-19-2011 at 06:49 AM..
Old 04-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
Gotta love how he pauses with " pain in the balls...... of your feet."
My fav moment of that song, hahaha.

My mum liked that part but was kind of 'what the f-' when I said it was a Fleetwood Mac song.

On an unrelated note someone got me a sweet Fleetwood Mac tour poster from the 70s when they came to the Tacoma Dome; it features characters akin to Lindsey and Stevie on a horse looking regal with hills and skinny trees in the background.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I missed out on this the first time around.

Age Range: 19 so whatever that category falls under.

When you became a fan: late 2006

How you became a fan: I knew about Fleetwood Mac for years, but when I was 13 or so, I listened to my mom's Rumours cd and liked it. However, I didn't become a huge fan until the spring of 2007.

First 3 FM songs: The first ones I heard? Second Hand News, Dreams, Never Going Back Again. Well, it was probably more like Don't Stop and Go Your Own Way on the radio.

First FM vocalist: Stevie first caught my eye, both vocally and physically. Lindsey's hair freaked me out and I thought he wasn't wearing pants on the Rumours liner notes.

Favorite FM Time Period: 1975 through 1987.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: That's difficult, but I like Stevie and Lindsey almost equally. Christine is awesome, but I find some of her songs quite boring (Mystified, anyone?).

Concerts you've attended: One Unleashed concert. I was nonexistent during the glory years and nobody stops in my province.

FM stuff you own: Nearly every FM album, including Fleetwood Mac in Chicago on vinyl, which I haven't listened to yet. Something Big, Buckingham Nicks re-issue on vinyl, all of Stevie's albums from 1981 through 1989, then 2007-2011, all of Lindsey's solo albums, and In the Meantime. I also have a ton of demos, live shows, and things on DVD ("real" DVDs include The Dance, Live in Boston, Destiny Rules, Classic Albums: Rumours, Crystal Visions, Live at the Bass Performance Hall).

I have (if I counted correctly) five FM shirts and a hoodie, two FM posters and a Stevie poster, signed Gift of Screws, Rumours songbook, another songbook, some clippings and photos, Mick's two books, a Gift of Screws mug. I'm probably forgetting something.

Favorite thing about FM: The music?

Least favorite thing about FM: The lack of music videos and concerts on dvd.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: I suppose, but I don't rabidly collect live shows or demos anymore.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Rumours lineup

You wish for the future of the Mac: More dvd releases and for all past and present band members to be happy, healthy, and to release more music if they're up for it.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Age Range: I'm 18

When you became a fan: In 2009

How you became a fan: My dad showed me the Tango In The Night concert, and when I heard The Chain I fell in love, then I started to dig and dig more about the band, until I became obsessed.

First 3 FM songs: The Chain, Dreams & Little Lies

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks

Favorite FM Time Period: I love everythin! From the Peter Green's Blues to now! But I would say that 75' through Tusk is my favorite era.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Stevie 40%. Christine 30%. Lindsey 30%

Concerts you've attended: None

FM stuff you own: Just Albums

Favorite thing about FM: The diversity of their music!

Least favorite thing about FM: That they take a lot of years to make a new album.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No, I was the kind who liked a couple of songs, now, I am obsessed!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: The Rumours lineup

You wish for the future of the Mac: Their last album with a farewell tour with Christine Mcvie
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 20

When you became a fan: 2002

How you became a fan: Heard Landslide on the radio while getting my haircut. Was lucky that my dad actually had The Dance CD and become a fan from there.

First 3 FM songs: The first 3 I ever heard? hmmm. I'm going to guess Landslide, Little Lies, and Say You Love Me.

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: '75 through Tusk

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Have no clue how to do this one. Stevie > Christine > Lindsey, but I like all 3.

Concerts you've attended: Chicago 2005: Stevie Nicks & Don Henley

FM stuff you own: CDs and a ticket stub

Favorite thing about FM: The music

Least favorite thing about FM: Nothing!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Not quite.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Christine to return

You wish for the future of the Mac: Never get so old that they can't sing and perform.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

and....bump....
Old 05-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 30-ish

When you became a fan: 1993

How you became a fan: Had always heard the Mac (parents were fans), but struck out on my own and bought Bella Donna on CD - first CD I ever bought.

First 3 FM songs: Gypsy, Landslide, and Sara

First FM vocalist: Stevie

Favorite FM Time Period: The Dance. They were everywhere and they looked good. People were excited about them. Nice.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage:
Stevie - 80%
Lindsey - 19%
Chris and everyone else - 1%
Not gonna lie.

Concerts you've attended: Dozens between 2003-2007, Unleashed not so much

FM stuff you own: All CDs and vinyl, lots of odds and ends, framed Hatch Show print from Buck's 2006 show at the Ryman, framed Rhiannon watercolor Stevie did with the lyrics on the side.

Favorite thing about FM: getting lost in the music

Least favorite thing about FM: Money-grabbing crap "Unleashed" tour

Are you the same fan your where when you started: It's ebbed and flowed a little over the years. 2003-4 there were so many sites up with demos and boots and people were keen on trading. Then after Stevie's 2005 fabulousness it was Eh for a while. Then Buck finally came out with an album and that was super cool. Then not so much. I don't think the community will ever rally like we did during SYW, and I'm glad I was a part of it.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Buckingham/Nicks.

You wish for the future of the Mac: They keep doing cool stuff even after they're wheelchair-bound.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 40

When you became a fan: '97

How you became a fan: ex was working my last nerves, i was crying, "silver springs" started to play, i told him that he was stupid cause he could be my silver spring, he said "wtf?!", we broke up, i joined the band.

First 3 FM songs: silver springs, dreams, gdw

First FM vocalist: Stevie baby

Favorite FM Time Period: the one that put me on.........The Dance.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Stevie, 55% Lindsey, 35% Christine 10%

Concerts you've attended: TISL, SYW, heart & soul and webster hall......lol

FM stuff you own: mags, posters, keychains, books and a tat.

Favorite thing about FM: D-R-A-M-A!!!!

Least favorite thing about FM: honestly..........D-R-A-M-A-!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: i'm worse now lol!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Chris come back w/ the KEYS!!!

You wish for the future of the Mac: televised SnL Wedding!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Me to a T

Age Range: 35

When you became a fan: 2001

How you became a fan: I was watching National Lampoon's Vacation during a difficult time in my life and heard "Holiday Road" and "Dancin' Across the USA", which were songs I'd heard growing up and got curious about the singer. I then did some internet research and bought Lindsey's OOTC and Go Insane albums. Then, bought the FM Greatest Hits CD and it grew from there.

First 3 FM songs: Rhiannon, Dreams and Little Lies probably. No idea.

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks probably is the voice I remember hearing when I was younger.

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours and SYW eras along with Bare Trees/Future Games and Then Play On.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 50% Lindsey, 25% Stevie, 8% Danny, 7% Christine, 5% Bob Welch, 5% Peter (Too much math involved here! LOL)

Concerts you've attended:

Too many to list here and I forget dates. LOL I think I've seen Lindsey 13 times, FM about 8-9 times and Stevie once.

FM stuff you own: Albums, CDs, posters, DVDs, couple of tee-shirts, keychain and one of the yearbooks from Lindsey's time there

Favorite thing about FM: The diverse music and their chemistry

Least favorite thing about FM: Non-flexible setlists in concert

Are you the same fan you were when you started: No, my love for this band has mellowed out, but not in a bad way. *I* am not the same person I was when I became a fan, and my life is very different. My love for their music is unwavering though.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Lindsey, Stevie, Danny, Mick and John

Your wish for the future of the Mac: More music!!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big ol' bump here!

Just copy/paste the original post, for those who haven't done this yet!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Age Range: 38

When you became a fan: 1987

How you became a fan: when Tango in the night came out. Immediately fell in love with Seven Wonders.

First 3 FM songs: Big Love, Seven Wonders, Little Lies (3 favourites are Dreams, Rhiannon and Seven Wonders.

Favorite FM Time Period: Haven't really got one as they're all great in their own way.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: example...35% Stevie, 35% Danny, 25% Christine, 5% Others

Concerts you've attended: None, unfortunately

FM stuff you own: Every single album and most solo albums, couple of books.

Favorite thing about FM: The range of different talents that have been with the band, and they always remained brilliant.

Least favorite thing about FM: They fired Danny.

Are you the same fan your where when you started: No. I didn't know much about the pre-Nicks stuff until fairly recently.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Danny Kirwan, Peter Green, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Jeremy Spencer, John McVie, Mick Fleetwood.

You wish for the future of the Mac: They make another album soon, and get Christine back on board at least.

http://fleetwood-thon.blogspot.com/

Or read my review of Stevie Nicks' new album:

http://jaysrandom-jay.blogspot.com/2...-nicks-cd.html
Old 07-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: Older than most of the "kids" who responded to this thread

When you became a fan: 1977

How you became a fan: Hearing their songs on the radio, and inheriting my sister's albums: Future Games, Mystry to Me, Fleetwood Mac, Rumours

Favorite FM Time Period: All of them, in varying degrees

Concerts you've attended:

Fleetwood Mac: 1 Mirage, 2 Behind the Mask, 2 The Dance, 2 Say You Will

Stevie Nicks: 1 Rock a Little, 1 Other Side of the Mirror, 2 Trouble in Shangrila 1 Enchanted

Peter Green: 1

Lindsey Buckingham: 1 Out of the Cradle, 2 Under the Skin, 1 Gift of Screws

FM stuff you own:

Tons of Vinyl, picture singles, 12" singles, posters, CDs, cassettes, 8 tracks, tour programs, books, t-shirts, key chains etc... as well as countless bootlegs - a fairly comprehensive collection. Love my vintage Fillmore West poster circa 1969: Fleewood Mac is second on the bill to Jr. Walker & the All Stars. (?)

Favorite thing about FM:

Their longevity, their diversity, their oddness

Least favorite thing about FM:

By comparison to more prolific artists -- the years of dormancy. Also, the self-imposed rigidity when it comes to set lists; they are not nimble

Are you the same fan your where when you started:

Older, wiser, and just as passionate and critical about them

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen:

A show where every single member of Fleetwood appears - even Dave Walker! They are all still alive, though, sadly, Danny Kirwan may not be up to par

You wish for the future of the Mac:

Another album by the current Buckingham Nicks line-up

Re-releases of deluxe verions of Mirage, Live, Tango in the Night

A live box set spanning 1975-to the present

An album of b-sides and other rarities

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-18-2011 at 01:14 AM..
Old 07-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 29

When you became a fan: 1997

How you became a fan: Watched The Dance (specifically "Silver Springs") on PBS and was hooked from there.

First 3 FM songs: Little Lies (was playing in background when my finger got smashed in a shopping cart in 1987, lol), Don't Stop (Clinton era, asking my mom, "There's a dude in Fleetwood Mac?"), Silver Springs (first song I fell in love with)

Favorite FM Time Period: Musically - Tusk, Dramatically - The Dance/SYW

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 40% Lindsey, 40% Stevie, 20% Christine

Concerts you've attended: Haven't missed a tour for LB/SN/FM since 1998 (Enchanted), saw FM for SYW tour in Columbus and Cincy in 2003, Unleashed in Columbus in 2009. Have also attended NOTS a few times - love it.

FM stuff you own: albums, posters, books, dvds, vhs, bootleg concerts, tambo tattoo on my arm

Favorite thing about FM: BN Chemistry/History, multi-generational appeal

Least favorite thing about FM: $$$ Greed and/or aloofishness

Are you the same fan you were when you started: Yes and no, I go through phases where I'll be really into them and then it will fade away. I was a huge "shipper" back in the day but that has tapered off for me (though I still appreciate the romantic aspect, I'm much more realistic/grounded).

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, Mick, and John

Your wish for the future of the Mac: New music, would love a BN release and tour of smaller venues, would really really love a FM musical
Old 07-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Registered

Age Range: 35 ~ish

When you became a fan: Early 90's.

How you became a fan: I knew alot of the songs growing up but it wasn't until my teens in the early 90's that I was hooked!

First 3 FM songs: Gypsy, Everywhere, Silver Springs Only 3?

First FM vocalist:Stephanie Lynn Nicks

Favorite FM Time Period: 1975/1988

Concerts you've attended: None! (hangs head)

FM stuff you own: CD's/DVD's/Posters/Box Set/Pictures/Articles/ I have to say that I do have more solo Stevie stuff, though.

Favorite thing about FM: They're totally awesome!

Least favorite thing about FM: Nada a Thang!

Are you the same fan your where when you started: More!

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Ann & Nancy Will join the MAC!!

You wish for the future of the Mac:
Another album of course!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Age Range: 30 next month D:

When you became a fan: 1997

How you became a fan: Caught The Dance concert on MTV when I was 15

First 3 FM songs: First 3 that I remember falling in love with? 1. Silver Springs 2. Say You Love Me 3. Landslide

First FM vocalist: First one that I immediately connected with when I saw The Dance was Christine McVie. I didn't get Stevie until I watched it a second time.

Favorite FM Time Period: Welch/Christine through Tusk. I love the Mystery to Me album.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: 40% Stevie, 40% Christine, 20% Lindsey

Concerts you've attended: FM: San Jose 2003, Omaha 2003, San Jose 2004. SN: AHI Benefit 2000, Shoreline 2001, Wiltern 2011.

FM stuff you own: Just albums. I'm not fanatic (at least that's what I tell myself).

Favorite thing about FM: The blend of male and female, "the great singers and the great playerrrrssss..." (tee hee)

Least favorite thing about FM: Mick's drum vest.

Are you the same fan you were when you started: Definitely not. I didn't listen to FM for several years and, thanks to Stevie's new album, rediscovered them this year. I appreciate them so much more now than I did before. I'm realizing that these people are not going to be around forever and just how incredibly lucky I am to have been fan and been able to see them live.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: To have Christine back, even if it's just for a new album.

Your wish for the future of the Mac: That they do at least one more spectacular album (w/ Christine) and tour.

Last edited by LilyRose; 07-23-2011 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: added more detailed info