Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Mike in Virginia wants to know if Tusk is the Mac album LB is most proud of, and what does the cover mean.

LB says he hasn't a clue about the cover -- possibly "biting the hand that feeds you." Says the album is what he's proudest of in Fleetwood Mac -- talking about the success of Rumours, and the band could have followed the expectations and recorded Rumours II. Says what happens when you have that success, it gives you freedom -- but you have to use that freedom. Tusk is the big example of the starting point of how he tries to approach his creativity.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, I can't believe I got on! I just wish I'd said how much I admire him before plunging into my question, 'cause after he answers you're out of there!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Wow, I can't believe I got on! I just wish I'd said how much I admire him before plunging into my question, 'cause after he answers you're out of there!
I know! isnt it frustrating? Those national radio are really like a cattle call for the callers. Excellent question btw Nance. Which shows are you going to btw?
Old 08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He knows. And if not you'll likely have another opportunity. Like yelling it out during his concert or something. I missed you cuz I thought it was over for some dumb reason but heard most of his answer.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I take it you don't remember squeeling "I LOVE YOU, LINDSEY!!!" before they cut you off?

Seriously though, I think your admiration for Lindsey was well expressed by the thoughtfulness behind the question.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm... yeah, not loving the studio version of "Time Precious Time." It's that fussy, too-many-things-going-on sound that I'm not crazy about.

The acoustic was actually better.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I take it you don't remember squeeling "I LOVE YOU, LINDSEY!!!" before they cut you off?

Seriously though, I think your admiration for Lindsey was well expressed by the thoughtfulness behind the question.
Time Precious Time kind of makes my ears hurt. Other than that, I am still pumped for this new album. They played some great songs from it. I am also loving all of the OOTC references.

Congrats Dave and Nancy!!!!
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

WOAH. The guitar in Time Precious Time is super sped up! LOL

This album is gonna friggin' rule. I cannot WAIT to see him live and hear this new stuff and OOTC too! I think I'll go on record and say this tour will be the best LB solo EVER.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post

Omg what's wrong with that? I totally yelled "We love you Lindsey!" when he was here in Boston. He smiled, haha. It wasn't during any playing though, he wasn't speaking either. And I only said it once. Sometimes u just gotta!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Aw, thanks guys! (LOL JS!)

The shows I plan on attending are Chicago, Milwaukee and, of course, Indianapolis.

Lindsey ROCKS MY WORLD!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Booo! I was on hold in the que to get on air and they just drop the call saying that no more calls were making it on. Who knows how many people were ahead of me. Oh well..... Congrats to all who made it on air! Lindsey is so humble! Those performances blew me away. Sigh! I.am.in.love.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Senior Ledgie

Very good question Nancy. I truly am impressed with the questions on this Rockline, it was surely a great one.

My phone battery kept dying (very annoying) so even when they answered my call I couldn't stay on long enough to ask. Hopefully I'll get to meet him after a concert to make up for it
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking

Congrats to David and Nancy for getting on air with The Man!

I'll see you in Chicago, Nancy.

Tiffany, that's what happened to me on the last Rockline. I called in 15 minutes before the show.....and stayed on hold for 2 hours almost....and never got on the air. I had a good question too.
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Congrats Nancy...

Quote:
I will wait to hear this installment of Rockline once it makes it online (Rockline isnt broadcast on ANY stations in my area on Wednesday nights) since I am tied up with torrents at the moment.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

so that's the end. I cant wait to listen to the re-run to hear just how much of an idiot I sounded like.