User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
How does this make sense? She was getting attention from other men long before they were famous and this was part of what he was not happy about. Somehow that always gets turned into an issue of his being jealous of her fame or popularity with fans. He was off famous women for good because all famous women might dump him like Stevie? I'm lost on that.
Makes sense to me. I think he wasn't comfortable with her fame.

I'm pretty sure he's admitted this too. Anyone?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Now I heard about Bob Dylan too.
That was confirmed by a good friend of mine who saw them together when Dylan was playing with the Dead in '87ish in California.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I posted some quotes from her book or her site or something on Usenet:

http://snipurl.com/g0a2
OK, I just read that, and I have to give you your props, David. That is truly worthy of my rarely-bestowed

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
As for Stevie, she has admitted to sleeping with ALOT of rock stars. I guess it was TISL time she admitted this. It's ok, it was the time ( late 70's early 80's, come on) and then she was a coke head and then a klonopin head and I'm sure she wasn't always in charge of herself 100%. But she never cheated on a husband ( who knows about Kim) but she was mostly single and having a good time. She was hot and guys wanted her and she enjoyed herself.
For those that don't remember it, weren't born then, the late 60's, 70's & early 80's were a very sexually liberated time.
If I were in her position, I'm not sure I wouldn't have done it any differently.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
I think it's surreal to scutinize someone's love life in this way. You (in general) make a list based on tabloids, interviews, rumours, and then think to know what went on, why it happened and what were the reactions to it? What's this a soap opera dynamic applied to real life and real people? Does anyone here really think to know the people they're talking about only because they've seen them many times in concerts or have read a billion interviews about them?

Romy
I don't think I know anything about anybody. I never met any of these people. I haven't read a billion interviews either. I just know what's been talked about by fans of the band for many years. If the Rumours lineup hadn't been marketed on their personal issues and soap opera appeal, maybe we wouldn't be talking about this? I don't take any of it too seriously. Do you? I'd still be buying the music and going to a show once in a while even if I didn't know all the useless information most of us couldn't avoid knowing as fans of this band across the years.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost

I agree, but there's a reason why he wasn't comfortable with her fame. I think that's what's missing here. It's just something I have always sensed or felt.

I've brought it up before in another context, but I don't think anyone really agreed with me. I don't believe Lindsey ever thought Stevie was terribly talented -- other than as a singer. But in general I sense that he (& the McVies, too) considered Stevie an ordinary musician & songwriter. That's why I think he resented her immense fame as he watched it grow very quickly over the course of just a few years. Had Stevie been Laurie Anderson or Joni Mitchell or someone whose immense gifts probably seemed more obvious to him, I don't think he would have reacted the same way.

What irked him was not that Stevie was FAMOUS, but that STEVIE was famous. Does that make sense?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Omg!

Yowza! I am about to barf up what I had for lunch a WEEK ago. Blergh.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, but there's a reason why he wasn't comfortable with her fame. I think that's what's missing here. It's just something I have always sensed or felt.

I've brought it up before in another context, but I don't think anyone really agreed with me. I don't believe Lindsey ever thought Stevie was terribly talented -- other than as a singer. But in general I sense that he (& the McVies, too) considered Stevie an ordinary musician & songwriter. That's why I think he resented her immense fame as he watched it grow very quickly over the course of just a few years. Had Stevie been Laurie Anderson or Joni Mitchell or someone whose immense gifts probably seemed more obvious to him, I don't think he would have reacted the same way.

What irked him was not that Stevie was FAMOUS, but that STEVIE was famous. Does that make sense?
I agree. But to mention that he was also irked by what she put forth to acheive and maintain her fame in the early years...her sex appeal...would be offensive to say. Right?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrart
I think it's surreal to scutinize someone's love life in this way. You (in general) make a list based on tabloids, interviews, rumours, and then think to know what went on, why it happened and what were the reactions to it? What's this a soap opera dynamic applied to real life and real people? Does anyone here really think to know the people they're talking about only because they've seen them many times in concerts or have read a billion interviews about them?

Romy
Isn't half the stuff we talk about on here gossip anyway? Whether it's Stevie and Lindsey or Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. I don't assume to know any of them, but when they're in the public eye it's natural that people will discuss these things.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But do you think he thought Stevie wasn't very talented or simply less talented than him? I think he definitely felt he wasn't getting the credit due to him (and in fairness he wasn't) because all eyes were on Stevie.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey has confessed to some jealousy and resentment post-breakup, but I can't recall him admitting being uncomfortable with her fame DURING their relationship. He did say that they were "competitive" while they were together, but also says he was OK with the fact that she got more attention. Stevie was "singled out" but he had a "different role behind the scenes" and that was fine with him. He even expressed relief about no one recognizing him when he walked down the street. Of course he could have expressed something different in an interview I missed, so if someone knows of another instance, feel free to interject!

Old 07-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I posted some quotes from her book or her site or something on Usenet:

http://snipurl.com/g0a2
Good Christ! I had never read this before. Oh my.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think you're right in that he didn't always find her musicality noteworthy, but he seems to have had real respect for her talent as a lyricist, calling her a "poet" and admitting he doesn't have the way with words she has.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

I think it makes perfect sense.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But do you think he thought Stevie wasn't very talented or simply less talented than him? I think he definitely felt he wasn't getting the credit due to him (and in fairness he wasn't) because all eyes were on Stevie.
I think that is an assumption everyone makes because Stevie always spins her view of his behavior toward her in this way. She also implies the same thing about other band members being jealous of her, not just members of Fleetwood Mac. Regarding Lindsey, I'm saying it was not a simple matter of a fellow band mate being jealous of a lesser talented person gaining more popularity. There were other dynamics between the two of them that made things complicated and to just keep implying he was jealous of her being more famous than he, or he was upset he didn't get due credit for what he did in the band is an oversimplification. If he cared about getting recognition for what he did in the studio he should have fought it out with Mick to get credit he deserved for producing most of the music after he joined the band. Instead he got jobs for friends who got the credit. Those friends/producers even admit Lindsey was the real producer, at least by the time of Rumours.