User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Most artists are failures if you compare them to Rumours... Hell even Stevie would be considered a failure if you compare her sales against Fleetwood Mac's. Even just against Rumours, one album. She's put out 6 studio albums plus and all combined they don't even touch Rumours in the US alone. Is that a failure? No... because they aren't on the same level. Is she successful? Yep. If Lindsey had the same sort of profile as a solo artist that she has - and he pulled in these sales numbers with each album time after time, then you could comparitively say he wasn't successful.

Again.. Successful is all relative to the situation. It's like an indie movie made with a budget of 2 million bucks and it goes on to gross 15 million. HUGE success! But compared to a movie more mainstream with big time movie stars like say Tom Cruise or Denzel... 15 million? THAT would be a commercial bomb. It's all relative.
I was using Rumors as a glaring example.

In the end, I think people get what I mean, which is while LB is a great artist, he not a commercially successful one or at least has not been one in like 20 years and even then, his commercial success was moderate at best.

I also think he cares hreatly about commercial success in that he would have loved for this record, SYW, and the upcoming one to have been multi platinum. If he did not, then why would he keep going back to FM, which is way more populat than he is solo.

I am usure if he has ever sold 2 million records combined solo sales - someone feel free to correct me on that as it is a guess not a factual statement.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 11-22-2006 at 11:54 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I also think he cares hreatly about commercial success in that he would have loved for this record, SYW, and the upcoming one to have been multi platinum.
omg you reach for crystal balls now?

Quote:
why would he keep going back to FM
Maybe he actually likes FM!
Old 11-23-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Maybe he actually likes FM!

ok that's just crazy talk
Old 11-23-2006, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
ok that's just crazy talk
I know - I mean he has been bitchin about them since Tusk - Bless His Heart

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 11-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think by any definition of 'success' LB is an enormously successful artist:

With FM all his albums have sold in the millions, with one being in the top ten biggest selling records of all time.

Six of these albums made number one in numerous countries.

He is a Grammy award winner, An American music award winner, and has won awards as a guitarist. He has had numerous nominations in different categories in major award ceremonies.

He is an inductee of the Hall of Fame

He holds a Brit outstanding achievement award.

He was specially invited by the President to both open and close a Presidency.

He has played sellout concerts in the biggest stadiums in the world.

He has the respect of many of his musical peers and is cited as an influence by younger musicians.

He has had critical acclaim throughout his career.

He has made it on to the cover of the most prestigious music magazines in the world.

He has had the opportunity to work with some of his musical idols.

He has been able to pursue the solo career he has wanted.

He has the adoration of fans who have stood by him over a 30 + year period.

I bet he didn't expect half of these things when he first picked up a guitar and decided a music career was for him.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul View Post
i love you
Old 11-23-2006, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I know - I mean he has been bitchin about them since Tusk - Bless His Heart
he bitched about FM right after he joined.. he hated doing welch and green tunes...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
I think by any definition of 'success' LB is an enormously successful artist:

With FM all his albums have sold in the millions, with one being in the top ten biggest selling records of all time.

Six of these albums made number one in numerous countries.

He is a Grammy award winner, An American music award winner, and has won awards as a guitarist. He has had numerous nominations in different categories in major award ceremonies.

He is an inductee of the Hall of Fame

He holds a Brit outstanding achievement award.

He was specially invited by the President to both open and close a Presidency.

He has played sellout concerts in the biggest stadiums in the world.

He has the respect of many of his musical peers and is cited as an influence by younger musicians.

He has had critical acclaim throughout his career.

He has made it on to the cover of the most prestigious music magazines in the world.

He has had the opportunity to work with some of his musical idols.

He has been able to pursue the solo career he has wanted.

He has the adoration of fans who have stood by him over a 30 + year period.

I bet he didn't expect half of these things when he first picked up a guitar and decided a music career was for him.

well when u put it like that.... lol
Old 11-24-2006, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
i love you
Of-course Lindsey's greatest accomplishment is having the undying love of BTFLCHLD

Also re his solo career: it's hasn't been as commercially successful as his FM career but then even Mick Jagger couldn't make it solo and he has a much higher public profile than LB. I can't see Jagger bothering to make an album he didn't think would sell well and playing small venues to promote it. So I agree with those who have said artistic integrity is part of success too.

(Incidentally -'Trouble' was number one in Australia for about 8 weeks)
Old 11-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
BTFLCHLD
If it is your desire to send me to the moon...
the bigpie in the sky...you have been successful!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:45 PM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, to some ears, the UTS album might sound a little lean, for several reasons, like for example that it's mainly an acoustic record. I like this approach, though, and still, I'm looking forward to the 'electric guitar' record that he announced as forthcoming, because still so many great songs from the GOS sessions deserve to be heard in good quality.
It was Lindsey's choice that he wanted his new songs out first, and I respect that. Thanks to him, 3 of my favourites from the GOS sessions have made the cut to UTS.
I feel the album UTS has something of a diary character to it, like in a song like Never Too Late, where he adresses music critics, or the development of his family in It Was You. With these very personal matters in his lyrics, they can be kind of hard to relate to for a mere bystander like me. But the celebrity culture, which has developed over the last half of the century, to which the Rumors album has added its 50 cents, tries to help bridge that gap, so his core audience should be happy.
And I'm happy with this disc, too, because of Lindsey's incredible vocal arrangements.
Faves are: Show You How, It Was You, To Try For the Sun, Castaway Dreams, Down On Rodeo (alltime classic), Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind (alltime classic too).

Now let's rock next time around with the rest of the GOS tracks. Just who can tell him what Steve's Riff is so he can put it on the next album? ;-)
Old 12-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Ledgie

Default Big Big News!!!

Just heard that there is going to be a movie out late next year starring Lindsey Lohen as Stevie Nicks. It is going to be about Stevie and Lindsey and their relationship through the years. Once again, Lindsey Lohen has been cast as Stevie and officially signed on to the project. They are currently looking for a big name actor to play Lindsey's part.

Exciting news and that very well may explain why LB put the publicly less appealing cd out first. It also explains his confidence that Time Warner would release another cd within a year after the general lack of sales on UTS. He has likely saved his best material for the release to coincide with the movie.

LB also stated that it is official now that he will be touring with Fleetwood Mac in 2008 and says that he has confirmed it with the band. The tour will be different from past ones in that they will each play solo material with the rest of the band backing them up.

Gotta go.....but lots of good news coming out about the upcoming year!!!

CincyMike
Old 12-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Wha?

Quote:
LB also stated that it is official now that he will be touring with Fleetwood Mac in 2008 and says that he has confirmed it with the band. The tour will be different from past ones in that they will each play solo material with the rest of the band backing them up.
Where is this info?!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
Once again, Lindsey Lohen has been cast as Stevie and officially signed on to the project. They are currently looking for a big name actor to play Lindsey's part.
Lohan is enough for me not to want to see it.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Ledgie

Wondergirl9847,

I received this from a VERY reliable source and I am sure that you will be hearing more information from the general media confirming this in the near future.

It is true and actually helps me to feel better about the timing of his current project.