The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point (if this is really going to happen), I'm wondering about the set up. Fleetwood Mac likes having people right at the stage. The Eagles do not, as far as I remember. I saw them back in 2003 and they had a barrier in front of the front row, which I thought was really sh*tty thing to do. I enjoyed the Eagles show for the music (I've never seen a tighter live band), but man were they boring as personalities (okay Joe Walsh at least made an attempt to be entertaining). Glenn Frey thanking the staff at Gibson's was a real highlight of the evening.

I would feel better about this if there were some musical interaction between the bands. That could actually be interesting or a mess, but either way entertaining! I know this will never happen but what if they all did an a cappella version of Seven Bridges Road and Farmer's Daughter all together? That could make for some interesting harmonies.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If this is just a short summer tour, I don't see what folks are so up in arms about. Both bands are also doing full-length shows you can attend if you don't like the idea of the double-bill. I see it as the best of both worlds - want a full show, see one. Want a combo show, see one.

It is true that the Eagles are more popular in terms of ticket sales as a rule. However, as someone who has attended multiple shows by both bands at the exact same venues, I can assure you the disparity between the two is hardly mammoth when it comes to filling up the house. There will be no "leaving in droves."

Luke, the Eagles are missing Randy Meisner and Don Felder from their Hotel California heydey line-up. They have the biggies - Don Henley and Glenn Frey - but so does Fleetwood Mac with Stevie and Lindsey, so I see the line-up situations as quite comparable.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-15-2009 at 05:02 PM..
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
It is true that the Eagles are more popular in terms of ticket sales as a rule. However, as someone who has attended multiple shows by both bands at the exact same venues, I can assure you the disparity between the two is hardly mammoth when it comes to filling up the house.
Yes, its true that FM & Eagles could both do multiples at, say, Allstate Arena in Rosemont, and have them both do very well (the 2 SYW Rosemont shows in June '03 did very well). However, only one could go to, say, Evansville, IN and easily gross $1.2M+. Eagles have a far broader appeal in more areas of the country than FM- that's why they're in a totally different stratosphere than FM touring-wise.

Quote:
Luke, the Eagles are missing Randy Meisner and Don Felder from their Hotel California heydey line-up.
I know, but I don't think the casual Eagles fan misses them nearly as much as the casual Fleetwood Mac fan misses Christine.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
At this point (if this is really going to happen), I'm wondering about the set up. Fleetwood Mac likes having people right at the stage. The Eagles do not, as far as I remember. I saw them back in 2003 and they had a barrier in front of the front row, which I thought was really sh*tty thing to do.
The stages at stadium shows are considerably further back from the audience & higher than at arena shows in order to maximize visibility. You're not going to be able to rest your arms against the stage at any of these shows.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
At this point (if this is really going to happen), I'm wondering about the set up. Fleetwood Mac likes having people right at the stage. The Eagles do not, as far as I remember. I saw them back in 2003 and they had a barrier in front of the front row, which I thought was really sh*tty thing to do.
I think the bands will alternate.

When the Eagles go first, it won't be a problem. They can deal with people being at the stage for encores.

If the Mac goes first, the Eagles can either use this opportunity to remember what it feels like to have people at the stage throughout the concert (this did happen at some recent European concerts), or attempt to get security to force everyone back to their seats during intermission. Of course, they can also tell FM to stop letting their fans up there in the first place.

Quote:
I would feel better about this if there were some musical interaction between the bands. That could actually be interesting or a mess, but either way entertaining!
That will make the freaking show!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would feel better about this if there were some musical interaction between the bands. That could actually be interesting or a mess, but either way entertaining! I know this will never happen but what if they all did an a cappella version of Seven Bridges Road and Farmer's Daughter all together? That could make for some interesting harmonies.
Bunk that! I wanna see LB playing guitar for Stevie and Don on L&L. ROFLOL!!

PRICELESS.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Bunk that! I wanna see LB playing guitar for Stevie and Don on L&L. ROFLOL!!

PRICELESS.
Ugh. And you know its going to happen, too.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey was already forced to play guitar on L&L at the City of Hope benefit in 1982, when the wounds were a lot more raw. He can suck it up and play guitar on L&L now, too!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Yes, its true that FM & Eagles could both do multiples at, say, Allstate Arena in Rosemont, and have them both do very well (the 2 SYW Rosemont shows in June '03 did very well). However, only one could go to, say, Evansville, IN and easily gross $1.2M+. Eagles have a far broader appeal in more areas of the country than FM- that's why they're in a totally different stratosphere than FM touring-wise.
Good point, but from what you've said earlier, the double-bill probably won't be hitting markets like Evansville. The audiences that came to Rosemont for FM will come to Soldier's Field for them as well, so I still feel there won't be a huge disparity between the amount of Mac fans and the amount of Eagles fans at these shows.

Quote:
I know, but I don't think the casual Eagles fan misses them nearly as much as the casual Fleetwood Mac fan misses Christine.
True. Felder never was a frontman and Meisner's only hit, Take It to the Limit, is now performed with Glenn Frey on lead vocals.

Old 12-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Quote:
Good point, but from what you've said earlier, the double-bill probably won't be hitting markets like Evansville. The audiences that came to Rosemont for FM will come to Soldier's Field for them as well, so I still feel there won't be a huge disparity between the amount of Mac fans and the amount of Eagles fans at these shows.
I can see your point, but I still can't get around the fact that there are many more Eagles fans than FM fans. Or, to put it differently, the presence of Eagles will be the deciding factor for many more casual fans/curious folks than the presence of FM- especially those traveling from a great distance (like Evansville) for one of these big stadium shows.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

haha yeah, our "arena" hasn't even broke ground yet! maybe in 2015 we'll have big name acts. Until then, I don't think I can stomach another Three Doors Down/Staind/Disturbed show at Roberts Stadium. vom. anyhoo, I'm so psyched for the potential FM/Eagles tour!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How about Lindsey and Don singing L&L to each other while Stevie twirls in the background? I would pay to see that!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How about Lindsey and Don singing L&L to each other while Stevie twirls in the background? I would pay to see that!
ahahaha! yes!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac touring in 2010 together?!
Posted in: Uncategorized
That’s the rumor anyway. Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles together in one venue. What a show! They are already supposedly booking one off dates in big football and baseball stadiums where they will do several nights in a row, so I don’t expect them to come to Portland. Maybe top 10 cities and they stay there for several nights. Wouldn’t it be cool though to have them here at the Rose Garden Arena?

Here’s the funniest thought if this tour does indeed happen. Stevie Nicks will be sharing a stage with four ex-lovers.

http://blogs.kgon.com/irisharrison/2...2010-together/
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eagles and Fleetwood Mac: Coming to Arrowhead?
It could happen, according to LiveDaily. When super-groups start putting together ensemble tours, something large is afoot. It's back to the future all over again: Summer Jams in the Y2Ks.

http://backtorockville.typepad.com/b...arrowhead.html