User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Is Chicken Little 2 in this batch or the next batch?
Who's the new Chicken Little? The kid with the red pants & headbands?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Who's the new Chicken Little? The kid with the red pants & headbands?
Nick?!
I love him. 'Norman' his alter ego adds humor to the show, so I hope that he gets through to the finals. lol.

Yet, nobody will ever be as Chicken Little as Mr. Kevin Covais
Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ No, I was talking about Nathaniel, the one who Simon asked "what the hell are you wearing?"
Old 02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ No, I was talking about Nathaniel, the one who Simon asked "what the hell are you wearing?"
awh, I don't remember him. Let me go back to when TrueFaith posted the top 36...maybe that'll refresh my memory...

EDIT: WOW! I didn't even remember that kid got through.
I really didn't like him that much, he's too emotional for the show IMO. Plus his voice is 'eh.'

Good name for him though guys
Old 02-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Juts to clarify, I'm not sure that is who Hejira was talking about. Just a guess.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Juts to clarify, I'm not sure that is who Hejira was talking about. Just a guess.
I'm definitely not talking about Normund Gentle... it's the super-neurotic kid whose name escapes me...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Village Voice is on the Mac bandwagon:

A commercial for the new Idol Disney attraction ends with Carrie Underwood and David Cook dueting on "Go Your Own Way." Another clue about Fleetwood Mac night?

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...can_idol_f.php
Old 02-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I called it first!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I called it first!
Dude, you said it would be cool & smart if they did. I wouldn't try to get a job with the Psychic Friends Network or anything.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude, you said it would be cool & smart if they did. I wouldn't try to get a job with the Psychic Friends Network or anything.

No I meant I had broken down those "clues" a long time ago. I didn't say I was psychic.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
No I meant I had broken down those "clues" a long time ago. I didn't say I was psychic.
I stand corrected - you're a genius.

Kind of sucks it's not on tonight. I watch a lot of TV on Thursday & this will totally screw up my viewing schedule.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stand corrected - you're a genius.

Kind of sucks it's not on tonight. I watch a lot of TV on Thursday & this will totally screw up my viewing schedule.
Yeah it really threw my week out of whack.

I went to bed at like 10:30 last night. I think I was voting in my sleep.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Ledgie

Did anyone else notice - Paula was high as a kite (again). She was all glassy eyed and kept deferring her comments to Simon, like she couldn't reason or speak!

What's with this chick? I've occasionally seen her in past years in the same condition. What is she thinking, going on national TV in an altered state for all to see?

-John Lennon
Old 02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Season 8 - Semi-Finals Round 2

American Idol
Season 8 - Semi-Finals Round 2

The Good

Nick Mitchell/Normund Gentle -- "And I Am Not Going" -- Wow!! A second viewing of this hilarious performance revealed two significant things: 1. Nick was vocally terrific until, yes, that darn sign got in the way! 2. Thanks to his inspired improvisations, he now joins Jennifer Holiday (from the original cast of Dreamgirls) and, my still favorite performer of this song, Joanna Chilcoat (in the movie Camp) as the only two interpreters of this lunatical (psychologically unhinged) song who have been able to make it make sense. His satiric performance reveals the song's sentiment as the impossible American Idol dream. Brilliant. And then after the performance, he crane kicks Simon. If only he could make it through to the Top 12 (he won't), it would be Tatiana: avenged.

Allison Irahata -- "Alone" -- Even though the back-up singers handle the high notes, she provides the texture and the personality to her rock phrasings. Honestly, I'm actually excited for her to do a Stevie song on Fleetwood Mac night. I can think of no higher praise. Since she'll definitely be in the Top 12, she stands as easily the competition's current frontrunner.

The Bad

Adam Lambert -- "Satisfaction" -- Toward the end of this song, Adam Lambert gives this song the same palpable sense of wild desire that Donna Summer conveyed in "Hot Stuff"; I had goosebumps at the end. But I wish that he had reconceived the song as a Disco track, because the rock accompaniment, his early snears at the camera, and his sojourn mid-song into hipster-land was embarassing. In fact, he should have just sung "Hot Stuff," cuz Adam can't pass for Mick Jagger. Undecided.

Megan Corkrey -- "Put Your Record On" -- Here's the problem with Megan: she has a recognizable, unique singing style (and a fascinating photogenic look) -- but she doesn't seem to understand what she's singing.

Matt Giraud -- "Viva La Vida" -- Whenever contestants do contemporary songs, it reveals their bad taste in music. In other words, these are the songs they like rather than the songs they should be singing. But also: why like these songs. That said, a re-view revealed that his vocals were interesting if misapplied.

Kris Allen -- "Man in the Mirror" -- What I dig about this is that it's appropriate that a contestant with a boy-band type of persona pays his debt to Michael Jackson -- trying to give us a white-bread version of a classic MJ single. What doesn't work is that Kris Allen is just not even as good as most boy-band singers.

The U-G-L-Y (You ain't got no alibi)

Jessie Langseth -- "Betty Davis Eyes" -- Well-sung, looks good, annoying & pretentious post-song attitude, totally karaoke.

Mishavonne Henson -- "Drops of Jupiter" -- Good voice. Bad taste in music. Mediocre. Totally forgettable.

Matt Bratzke -- "If You Can Only See" -- Why am I watching this show. Still, he had a better performance/vocal than fellow working man Michael Sarver, but there was just no soul in this performance.

What's Grosser Than Gross?

Jeanine Vailes -- "This Love" -- I loved her so much after the performance, taking criticism from the judges and begging for votes.

Kai Kalama -- "What Becomes of a Broken Heart" -- Maybe the cheesiest performance ever on Idol.

Jasmine Murray -- "Love Song" -- Still singing out of her sinuses. Unable to find the song's melody. (It was like hearing the band play one song while she sneezed out another.)

iTunes-worthy: I forgot that last year, I would also list which songs of the week were iTunes-worthy. Last week, only Tatiana Del Toro's "Saving All My Love" proved iTunes worthy (and it continues to delight in that format)! This week, I pre-ordered Nick Mitchell and Alison Iraheta's performances.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I fell asleep at 9:30. So I have to watch some contestants on DVR later. I did see Allison & thought she was excellent. I thought Nick/Norman was out of tune. I know he can sing when he relaxes his schtick, but I don't think he sang well last night at all. Megan was solid, but not much stage presence - she seemed a bit stiff & awkward. I woke up during Adam & couldn't decide if he was singing his heart out or shouting & screeching. Still not sure.

The rest that I saw were boring, several were way out of tune. I don't get how so many contestants can get this far in the competition, rehearse ONE song all week (two I guess, for the group performance) and come out & actually sing OFF KEY?! WTF? Jasmine was the worst offender that I saw. Sad, really.