The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac are down to four members each why not combine the two bands into one using the silly and corporate sounding "Eaglesmac " as the "new' bands moniker.Then they could tour as the ultimate in boomer fleecing ,money grubbing,oldies jukebox playing monstrosities.Best of all even with eight members La Nicks could still hold on to her statistic of having slept with 50% of the band.!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Since the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac are down to four members each why not combine the two bands into one using the silly and corporate sounding "Eaglesmac " as the "new' bands moniker.Then they could tour as the ultimate in boomer fleecing ,money grubbing,oldies jukebox playing monstrosities.Best of all even with eight members La Nicks could still hold on to her statistic of having slept with 50% of the band.!
The scary thing is if they announced they were really doing this tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
The scary thing is if they announced they were really doing this tomorrow, it wouldn't surprise me!
No kiddingI guess we'd better hope Irving Azoff isn't reading this or some hapless souls may be purchasing tickets to the "Eaglesmac" 2010 stadium tour.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I hope they pull an "EaglesMac" for the encore of these joint shows. In fact, the idea makes me salivate.

I am really just staggered at the vehemence - and downright virulence - of some of this negativity, not only here but in the other thread dealing with this topic. Some people are acting like this tour is an affront to them as fans. That kind of attitude is simply ridiculous.

We saw Fleetwood Mac on the Unleashed tour (Well, at least, some of us did). I saw the Mac in both Pittsburgh and New Orleans and they rocked. Now, we get to see them do a joint tour with the Eagles if we wish. Variety is the spice of life! What's the alternative - more of the same Unleashed shows? Been there, done that. It's about time they shook things up a bit, if you ask me.

Don't say that this will keep them from doing a new album. That's BS. If they want to do a new album, a handful of dates over a couple months is not going to stop that.

For those that prefer that Fleetwood Mac retire rather than play with the Eagles... well, that's your opinion, but I for one would rather enjoy my favorite band on the stage even for an abbreviated set of hits than never see them at all. If you don't want to go, stay home. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

There will be a time when these folks can't tour anymore. Let's enjoy it while we can rather than getting all up in arms over the fact that they might share the spotlight with another band.

In the end, it's just a few shows, folks. LIGHTEN UP!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Well, I hope they pull an "EaglesMac" for the encore of these joint shows. In fact, the idea makes me salivate.

I am really just staggered at the vehemence - and downright virulence - of some of this negativity, not only here but in the other thread dealing with this topic. Some people are acting like this tour is an affront to them as fans. That kind of attitude is simply ridiculous.

We saw Fleetwood Mac on the Unleashed tour (Well, at least, some of us did). I saw the Mac in both Pittsburgh and New Orleans and they rocked. Now, we get to see them do a joint tour with the Eagles if we wish. Variety is the spice of life! What's the alternative - more of the same Unleashed shows? Been there, done that. It's about time they shook things up a bit, if you ask me.

Don't say that this will keep them from doing a new album. That's BS. If they want to do a new album, a handful of dates over a couple months is not going to stop that.

For those that prefer that Fleetwood Mac retire rather than play with the Eagles... well, that's your opinion, but I for one would rather enjoy my favorite band on the stage even for an abbreviated set of hits than never see them at all. If you don't want to go, stay home. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

There will be a time when these folks can't tour anymore. Let's enjoy it while we can rather than getting all up in arms over the fact that they might share the spotlight with another band.

In the end, it's just a few shows, folks. LIGHTEN UP!
^^^Yeah, no kidding!

'Scuse me all, my computer hasn't worked properly for the better part of a year and I haven't been in the loop *at all* (not to mention being lurker-status'd for a long time here, so none of y'all probably care what I have to say), so I don't know how real/certain any of this is... But I agree: the idea *definitely* makes me salivate!

And I also remember coming out of lurkerdom during the Stevie/Don tour for the exact same reason: total disbelief as to the level of meanness coming out of everyone. Don't like it? Don't go!!! Like one and not the other? Find out who's playing when, and skip the set of the band you don't like. Plenty of people did that at the Stevie/Don shows, and it worked out just fine. Ticket prices would likely be pretty much in line with seeing either band on their own, IMO (maybe $200-250 instead of the $150 they've lately been topping out at). Think about it: logically speaking, they're guaranteed to sell out every single show, resulting in huge profits and also marketing for both bands (someone comes to see the Mac, falls in love with an Eagles tune, decides to check out their albums...I know people who weren't Don fans before he toured with Stevie). Push tickets up to $500 a pop, though, and they won't sell as well. Tour with huge potential turns into massive flop, poor press, poor everything for *both* bands. Both bands have some seriously business-minded members, to say the least...nobody wants a flop. I paid less than $100 US for floor seats to both Stevie/Don shows I saw...both of whom charge that much for their own solo shows. And it was a limited tour. I'm pretty sure this would be the same sort of thing...a few exclusive shows. Thassit. Easy to ignore, if you're so inclined.

I'd rather see *any* of 'em play a solo show any day than more of these big arena shows. That's my own opinion. But I've seen both bands live several times, and my Lord they are *amazing*. I'm definitely guilty of wanting "the ideal" at every show I see...and I've damn near missed out on some pretty spectacular shows, for petty things like poor seats or a bad mood. I've learned two things the hard way in the process: One, negativity has no place anywhere near a concert. Go or don't, enjoy it or not, have an opinion, but don't be ridiculous and take others down with you. Two, it's really, *really* worth it to just go to the show and have a good time. This has applied to every show I've gone to in a bad mood, a crappy seat, with a busted leg, with an ex-boyfriend who insisted on putting Lindsey down the whole time...well, you get the idea. Just sit back, relax, enjoy the show, and be happy you get to see your favorite band live.

And if you can't do that, don't go, and don't let the fact that *others* might *want* to go concern you.

Take it easy, and if you can't, feel free to go your own way. In the long run, really, that's alright.

(Sorry, I couldn't help it...on that note, back to lurkerdom I go!)

~Bree

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to go. I'm going to hate and resent it and I will complain about it indefinitely. I'm also preparing to come away hating one, two or all of the Eagles. So, that's my game plan . . .

Michele
Old 01-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm going to go. I'm going to hate and resent it and I will complain about it indefinitely. I'm also preparing to come away hating one, two or all of the Eagles. So, that's my game plan . . .

Michele
ROFLOL!!! Good plan, Michele! I bet Stevie feels the same way....with LB and Mick included in that mix.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have seen both bands several times. They are both great in concert. Of course, my favorite band is the Mac, so I partial to the them. Therefore, I'm selfishly going to say that I only want to hear the Mac. When I'm in the mood for the Eagles, I'll go see the Eagles. If you put these two "supergroups" together, you aren't going to be satisfied with either of their sets. They both have too many great songs to try to cover during the time they would each be given.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

@ Nancy: I don't think it's an 'affront' to the fans, I just think it's disappointing and kind of a sellout on FM's part, especially if it's Lindsey greenlighting it. unless by some chance LB wants to resolve his demons and unite with the Eagles, which I don't know, still doesn't quite ring with me.

It just feels like hypocrisy of the highest order and FM's biggest sellout. Imagine Stevie solo touring with Lindsey Lohan after her comments about her, it's kind of how I feel about Lindsey/FM touring with with the Eagles with Tusk/The Long Run in the background somewhere.

That's not to say it won't be entertaining and there won't be a new album, etc, the very idea just grates on me, that's all. A double billing of two bands such as these (as big as these) just screams cash grab with no real up side, unless you're rich of course. Combine that with the Lindsey/Eagles deal and I have a bitter taste in my mouth.

- Spike

Last edited by Spikey; 01-13-2010 at 11:25 AM..
Old 01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
@ Nancy: I don't think it's an 'affront' to the fans, I just think it's disappointing and kind of a sellout on FM's part, especially if it's Lindsey greenlighting it. unless by some chance LB wants to resolve his demons and unite with the Eagles, which I don't know, still doesn't quite ring with me.

It just feels like hypocrisy of the highest order and FM's biggest sellout. Imagine Stevie solo touring with Lindsey Lohan after her comments about her, it's kind of how I feel about Lindsey/FM touring with with the Eagles with Tusk/The Long Run in the background somewhere.

That's not to say it won't be entertaining and there won't be a new album, etc, the very idea just grates on me, that's all. A double billing of two bands such as these (as big as these) just screams cash grab with no real up side, unless you're rich of course. Combine that with the Lindsey/Eagles deal and I have a bitter taste in my mouth.

- Spike
I mostly agree... but for the sake of playing devil's advocate, how would you feel if The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were the headliners of a traveling music festival, e.g., Lollapalooza? It's still Eagles and FM on the same bill playing abbreviated, hits-populated sets. I don't think anyone accused the participants of Lollapalooza of going on a shameless cash-grab. And speaking of rivals touring together, what about that Sammy Hagar-David Lee Roth tour several years ago? Admittedly, that's nowhere close to the same magnitude as this, but it's still about two rivals playing the pipes of peace to make bank. I don't think people thought it was crassly commercial, as much as they were puzzled and curious to see these rivals share the same bill. I think Eagles-FM would get a lot less flack if they somehow managed to get together with a sense of purpose- whether it is a musical purpose (i.e., collaborating on stage), a political purpose (donating ##% to causes), or a promotional purpose (touring with younger, more obscure acts and/or promoting new albums). Otherwise they are going to get hammered in the press.

I think the recent silence on this tour is deafening... I suspect that the logistics and negotiations (with umpteen different managers?) are proving to be prohibitively complicated. Now that everyone is off the road and no longer jetlagged or otherwise mentally impaired, they are looking at the sober reality of trying to make this all work.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I don't think people thought it was crassly commercial, as much as they were puzzled and curious to see these rivals share the same bill.
I still say that Eagles & Mac co-billed (as headliner & support) in 1976 more than the one show the current press release refers to.

Quote:
I think Eagles-FM would get a lot less flack if they somehow managed to get together with a sense of purpose- whether it is a musical purpose (i.e., collaborating on stage), a political purpose (donating ##% to causes),
And Stevie & Lindsey have done all that with Eagles boys in the past, including "Building the Perfect Beast," "Bella Donna," the Two Tired Voices tour, the Irvine benefit for medical research, the Mulholland benefit, & the environment benefit in Long Beach.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LngPrmsdRd
'Scuse me all, my computer hasn't worked properly for the better part of a year and I haven't been in the loop *at all* (not to mention being lurker-status'd for a long time here, so none of y'all probably care what I have to say), so I don't know how real/certain any of this is... But I agree: the idea *definitely* makes me salivate!
Hey Bree! I knew you would be with me on this. What's up? Still got that pink coat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

- Spike
It's true that Lindsey has razzed on the Eagles a couple times in the past, but maybe he's mature enough to get over it and realize that Fleetwood Mac criticizing the Eagles for being greedy is the definition of hypocrisy. I adore Lindsey, but his comment that the Eagles reunited just for the money whereas Fleetwood Mac reunited solely to obtain "bittersweet" emotional closure smelled a little like BS to me. His comment that Fleetwood Mac was more of a "band" than the Eagles downright confused me. I guess he meant more of a cohesive unit? Who knows.

Why is Lindsey touring with a group he's occasionally dissed any more of a sellout than Lindsey touring without a new album, something in the past he swore up and down he'd never do... and criticized others for doing?

Maybe Lindsey has gotten a little perspective. He was able to work with Henley in 1985 on a song, and while he dissed the Eagles as recently as the Say You Will promotional interviews, nothing he said was too awful. It was just a slight jab here and there. Heck, he's currently working with a woman who's said quite a few not-so-nice things about him... her name is Ms. Stevie Nicks.

I'm far from rich, but I see a very clear upside: Two terrific groups performing on the same bill to give us one great night of entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC
I think the recent silence on this tour is deafening... I suspect that the logistics and negotiations (with umpteen different managers?) are proving to be prohibitively complicated. Now that everyone is off the road and no longer jetlagged or otherwise mentally impaired, they are looking at the sober reality of trying to make this all work.
The silence concerns me too - I don't want to get my hopes up just to have them dashed. However, seeing items in magazines like Rolling Stone about the tour encourages me.

As far as managers go, I believe both acts are currently managed by Irving Azoff.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-13-2010 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: better wording and shout out to LngPrmsdRd.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think the recent silence on this tour is deafening... I suspect that the logistics and negotiations (with umpteen different managers?) are proving to be prohibitively complicated.
But aren't Stevie AND The Eagles under Irving Azoff's management. I've suspected from the gitgo, that he's behind this cash grab!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

Timothy B Schmit was just on the BBC and said the tour with FM is not happening. I didn't hear it myself, but here's a link to the post from our board:

http://eaglesfans-forum.com/index.php?topic=1797.0

The relevant part: On Fleetwood Mac co-tour - (Timothy) just emailed manager to ask what was going on - manager said that is not happening! Was being pursued but doesn't think it will happen, they are going out in the summer. no idea if they are touring with another band

L&M
www.eaglesfans.com
Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm, interesting....there was even a blurb in the latest Rolling Stone, about this tour happening.

I'll bet both bands realized how short their sets would have to be, to accommodate them both. Fans of both bands would not be happy....