User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
My guess, and of course none of us know for 100% certainty exactly what happened, is that Lindsey requested the intermingled solo dates concept (discussed in other threads, seemingly confirmed by Rick Turner on FB) because of the spacing of the tour dates (which are, in fact, spaced out as we saw with the announcement this morning). The band said no to this, so LB asked about pushing back the FM tour. They said no to that, too. He dug in, they dug in ("impasse"), and Mick fired him after getting buy-in from the McVies and Stevie.

I suppose this is all just a theory based on publicly available information, but it seems like the most likely series of events, to me at least.
And why did the band say 'no' if they were planning to start the tour on October?

And he certainly didn't ask to push back the FM tour for 2 years.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And why did the band say 'no' if they were planning to start the tour on October?

that's the claim
Old 04-25-2018, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that's the claim
NOPE in the CBS interview Stevie said a year.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
NOPE in the CBS interview Stevie said a year.
yes. but Ken Caillat claims 2 years. that's what i was referring to.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Stevie wanted Mike Campbell in the band because he can help her write.
I don't have a problem with that part, per se, as that's what bands do together. You see that in The Pretenders, No Doubt, etc, where a singer isn't a musician.

This struck me as interesting, coming from Christine: "The essence of the band was great and fun--and the three voices sound really good together. I'm really happy." She didn't say, "Lindsey was unfairly sacked," or anything close to that, and she was probably the closest of any of them to Lindsey for many years.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's more of a whispering down the lane thing probably. Everyone adds a few months retelling the story that wasn't actually "released."
Old 04-25-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, in the RS article she said two years (November 2019) and on CBC she said one year?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, in the RS article she said two years (November 2019) and on CBC she said one year?
2019 is next year. Where are you getting two years?
Old 04-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
2019 is next year. Where are you getting two years?
From January 2018 (when he was fired) until November 2019 is 23 months.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BS. No way 2 years.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Right. I'm certainly not trying to justify why Mick, Stevie, Chris, and John did what they did. Was just trying to simply lay out what I think probably happened. I think the whole thing was handled horribly and is unjustified.

I also have a hard time believing he asked Fleetwood Mac to postpone until November 2019, but I suppose we'll have to hear from the man himself on that one? This is clearly the company line, as far as the band is concerned. Just doesn't pass the smell test (to me).
Old 04-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Right. I'm certainly not trying to justify why Mick, Stevie, Chris, and John did what they did. Was just trying to simply lay out what I think probably happened. I think the whole thing was handled horribly and is unjustified.

I also have a hard time believing he asked Fleetwood Mac to postpone until November 2019, but I suppose we'll have to hear from the man himself on that one? This is clearly the company line, as far as the band is concerned. Just doesn't pass the smell test (to me).
But he already told in that video after Musicares that he was planning on doing both tours at the same time. He clearly wasn't expecting to get fired.
We are so lucky to have that video! Really lucky. If not, they will probably get away with their lies.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very thankful for the video. Not sure if the person who shot the video posts here but I want to tell them THANK YOU!
Old 04-25-2018, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Very thankful for the video. Not sure if the person who shot the video posts here but I want to tell them THANK YOU!
she does. WelshWitchPMD.

we need to send her to Lindsey's Cali gig in 10 days!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she does. WelshWitchPMD.

we need to send her to Lindsey's Cali gig in 10 days!
Hell Yeah!!!!