User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Agreed. This whole series of events just gives me some faith that Christine will become more involved with the Mac again in some form. What I'm truly hoping for is one last studio album from the Rumours 5. Who knows, maybe this Maui show combined with a couple of UK Mac appearances could goad her into it.

I have to wonder though, if this Maui show is Chris dipping her toes back into live performing after being off the stage for 15 years. Start small, without the pressure of band politics or playing for 20,000 people... but with familiar faces there for comfort. There just has to be something in all of this... her spending 3 weeks with Mick in Hawaii, meeting up with John, now reportedly her flying back to LA to visit with Stevie & Lindsey. Maybe I'm just a romantic, but I have to believe the seeds of something are being planted here.

I am just confused by all of this. Christine has dispelled two of her great fears very quickly. I'm delighted, but I wonder what has changed. Maybe we will never find out.

For what it's worth, I just cannot see her getting involved in Fleetwood Mac stuff, despite this. I think it's safe playing to a smaller audience in Maui. An arena in a big city with the old buttons being pressed by John, Lindsey or whoever else would be an understandably less appealing prospect, even for one night only.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My dream: "Rumours" band with Rick Vito..
Ok, the fact that Christine FLEW to Hawaii & got on stage last night after years of thinking we'd seen the last of her publicly & musically kind of undermines my next thought, but I seriously doubt we'll ever see Rick Vito & Lindsey Buckingham on the same stage (those last 2 nights of the BTM tour notwithstanding)

But, then those folks have always seemed to surprise us...even though the "suprises" come at Continental Drift speed.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
But, then those folks have always seemed to surprise us...even though the "suprises" come at Continental Drift speed.
I'm betting on a five-member-lineup album sometime in 2028. Something to look forward to in my middle-age.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Still sounds just like buttah. Okay... I am officially crazy for saying this, but I think it's telling that they dropped the key for this. Steven Tyler is perfectly capable of singing it in the original key. Christine probably is too. Stevie and Lindsey? Not so much. So perhaps Christine has been practicing playing the song in a lower key intentionally with the thought that she would eventually be playing it with Stevie and Lindsey?
gotta love your optimism!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn you all for making me think something might happen!

I wonder. What if they play the whole of Rumours straight through in a small setting which is filmed and recorded for CD/DVD? Or something like that?

That way, Mick saying "she won't tour" is not a lie, but something still is happening. My only thought is that Lindsey (and maybe John) would object on the basis that the four-piece would be undermined creatively by bringing Chris back, and audiences on the tour would expect her. Also, the pressure on them/her from the label and managers to rejoin would be immense if she did that kind of one-off thing.

My instinct is still that this is just an anomaly, but I'll be very happy if I'm wrong.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed a camera guy in the right corner filming...
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
That way, Mick saying "she won't tour" is not a lie, but something still is happening. My only thought is that Lindsey (and maybe John) would object on the basis that the four-piece would be undermined creatively by bringing Chris back, and audiences on the tour would expect her. Also, the pressure on them/her from the label and managers to rejoin would be immense if she did that kind of one-off thing.

My instinct is still that this is just an anomaly, but I'll be very happy if I'm wrong.
i thought that as far as we know they don't have a label. i can see various managers' pressure but does Christine even have a manager at this point? i would think that she is doing whatever she wants, and the only pressure she may feel would be the pressure of some old friends or wanting to have some fun and experience the stage and audience reaction again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
,but I think it's telling that they dropped the key for this. Steven Tyler is perfectly capable of singing it in the original key. Christine probably is too. Stevie and Lindsey? Not so much. So perhaps Christine has been practicing playing the song in a lower key intentionally with the thought that she would eventually be playing it with Stevie and Lindsey?
Nope. Christine is going to tour with Aerosmith.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Nope. Christine is going to tour with Aerosmith.
love it! of course Steven Tyler's singing on Don't Stop kinda ruins it but...

Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i thought that as far as we know they don't have a label. i can see various managers' pressure but does Christine even have a manager at this point?.
She is still represented, yes. I think it's Martin Wyatt. Mick referred in a UK interview recently to the fact that she is still represented by some form of management when 'legacy' decisions are being made.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart The Fabulous Rumours Band !!!

How wonderful for the original 5 Rumours Band
members to be together again!! A nice Valentines
Gift to us all !!!

goosebump time !!! Lindsey and his wife were married in
Hawaii about 12 years ago tomorrow so maybe they are in
on the fun also ! One never knows as Linds is so private!!!

singers to be together again1!!!

Last edited by Cammie; 02-14-2013 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: not correct...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just tweeted by Ken!

@kencaillat: Go to Fleetwoods on Front St in Maui tonight. You may see #ChristineMcVie reunited with #FleetwoodMac again (like last night)
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sqqqqquuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Rick just shared this!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Rick just shared this!
So Christine McVie and Brett Tuggle really are not the same person?

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 02-14-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Rick just shared this!
Thanks for sharing that, David! Christine looks gorgeous.

Haven't had a chance to watch the video of "Don't Stop" yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I completely respect Christine's desire to never tour again (if that is indeed how she still feels), but I desperately want her to record some new music with the band. It just isn't the same without her.