Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon 2 New Video's from Amsterdam 12/14/2010

I decided Nico to not buy the new box set untill next month in January after Christmas.Because I wanted to use that money for Christmas gifts instead.I did buy some of remastered CD's and the ' Gimme Some truth "CD's set allready.I did get the remastered " Double Fantasy ' CD that came out. I would love to hear what Sean and Julian and Yoko wrote for the box set.If you want to and have the time later to post it here.I will be reading what they all had to say about John soon,when I get my box set.I am looking forward to Julian Lennon's new music CD coming out in 2011 to.Here are two new fan recorded video clips from Sean Lennon and ' The Goastt ' European December 2010 tour.

The GOASTT - Pierrot - Paradiso Amsterdam , December 14,2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox4dFWjUasE

The GOASTT - India - Paradiso Amsterdam , December 14,2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPiyf...layer_embedded

The GOASTT in Paradiso "Jardin du Luxembourg" Amsterdam Holland December 14th 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QkYv...layer_embedded

Last edited by msLinds; 12-16-2010 at 03:26 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon another video from Amsterdam 12/14/2010

I have one more new Sean Lennon and Goastt, fan recorded video from their Amsterdam performance from December 14,2010

The GOASTT - Heavy Metal - Paradiso Amsterdam December 14,2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfYx...ayer_embedded#

Last edited by msLinds; 12-16-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Old 12-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds View Post
I have one more new Sean Lennon and Goastt, fan recorded video from their Amsterdam performance from December 14,2010

The GOASTT - Heavy Metal - Paradiso Amsterdam December 14,2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzfYx...ayer_embedded#
I love that Charlotte is wearing a vintage Julian Lennon shirt. It's great to see the love abounding in that family.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The Goastt Photographs and Video's from Paris, France 12/15 - /12 17/2010

The Goastt Photographs and Video's from Paris, France 12/15 - /12 17/2010

Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp ' The Ghost Of Saber Tooth Tiger ' opened for French Artist -M- aka Mathieu Chedid @ Bercy,France,on Dec 15 @ 16,17 2010

More Pictures playing with -M- Dec 15,2010
http://rockerparis.blogspot.com/2010...ka-goastt.html

The Goastt Dec 16,2010

http://rockerparis.blogspot.com/2010...2010-with.html

More with -M-: part 2 Dec 16, 2010
http://rockerparis.blogspot.com/2010...2010-with.html

Last edited by msLinds; 12-19-2010 at 12:30 AM..
Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Vote for Sean Lennon and The Goastt at Livebuzz for video of the year 12/2010

Everyone who is a fan of Sean Lennon's and ' The Goastt' please go to Facebooks, Live Buzz page and vote for ' The Goastt ' video of the year “Shrodinger’s Cat”. Sean and Charlotte deserves to winfor this excellent song and cool video.

http://thelivebuzz.com/live-session/...n-videos-2011/

From the LiveBuzz web site
It’s that time of year, and no matter how hard I try to avoid it, people want lists!! Usually, I would put together my Top 10 albums of the year. However, at the LiveBuzz we’re in the business of exclusive intimate sessions, and even though we’re still in diapers over here (we launched September 28), there are some 200 plus original videos in our archives already. So, as the LiveBuzz team was thinking of something cool to do, we decided to pull our top 10 favorite videos (it could’ve easily been 20), and ask YOU to vote for your favorite. We’ve picked our #1 and on New Years Day, we’ll randomly select a winner from the pool of those of you who agree with us. Sound cool?
Winner will receive a prize pack from Sean Lennon’s band, Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger, which includes the following:
• GOASTT Poster
• GOASTT Comic Strip 7″ Single
• GOASTT Acoustic Sessions Autographed CD
• GOASTT Acoustic Sessions Autographed Vinyl
• GOASTT La Carotte Bleue EP (available only on tour)
For your chance to qualify, head over to the LiveBuzz Facebook Discussion page and simply reply to the post with your vote – and while you’re at it, hit the Like button on our page!
Here are the ten videos then, in no particular order. The page might take a minute to load, so hang out. We want to hear from you!
Nic Harcourt & The LiveBuzz Crew

http://thelivebuzz.com/live-session/...n-videos-2011/

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...6362&topic=296
Old 12-19-2010, 04:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon and ' The Goastt ' video's at Paris ,France 12/17/2001

A couple more video updates.
Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp-Muhl ' The Ghost Of a Saber Tooth Tiger ' @ Bercy , *" Paris,France December 17, 2010

The Goastt "Comic Strip "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEDBk...layer_embedded

Sean Lennon & Charlotte Kemp-Muhl The GOASTT @ Bercy,Paris,France Dec 17, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46NSs...layer_embedded
Old 12-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default John Lennon's 'Imagine' Suit For Sale 12/2010

John Lennon's 'Imagine' suit for sale.12/2010

The white suit worn by John Lennon on The Beatles Abbey Road album cover is to be sold at auction. The two piece white suit, will be sold in Connecticut, along with the blazer Lennon wore in the 1971 video for Imagine and a Chrysler station wagon car John Lennon and Yoko Ono owned in New York. Kathy Braswell, from Braswell Galleries, which is holding the sale on Janurary 1,2011 said Lennon had chosen the car so people would not recognise he and Yoko Ono.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12014828
Old 12-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Sean Lennon and The Goastt 3 more fan recorded video's Belguim and France 2010

Here is a couple more fan recorded video's from Sean Lennon's and Charlotte Kemp Muhl's European tour that just ended.

Muziekodroom CLUB - Hasselt, Belgium.
December 11, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDQEX...eature=related

-M- Sean Lennon & Charlotte - La fleur @ Zénith Nantes - 10/12/2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og5XsqfePiY&NR=1

Last edited by msLinds; 12-21-2010 at 01:38 AM..
Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

msLinds, I'm guessing you will definitely be seeing the GOASTT on tour. Do you like Sean's music better with Charlotte or him solo?

For me, Sean's music has just been evolving since his first record. Friendly Fire was a masterpiece. I highly recommend it. I am excited about seeing them as they appear to have tons of songs to share.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The 4th Installment Video of Sean Lennon's " Bedroom Sessions 12/22/2010

I really love Nico,Sean Lennon's " Friendly Fire " solo CD that came out a few years ago.I do like a lot and enjoy Sean's music with Charlotte.But for me its to soon to say how much I will really like them together musically as ' the Goastt',compared to when Sean was just solo on his own.I agree he has evolved musically and will keep doing is own thing as a musician and artist.I will hopefully be seeing them next month when they perform.I have one new update now.I also want to wish you Nico and all my fellow Fleetwood Mac fans here on the Ledge a safe and great Christmas day. Everyone take care of yourselves.

December 22,2010
The Fourth Installment video of Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl ,The Ghost Of A Saber Tooth Tiger "Bedroom Sessions ".
‪The GOASTT - " The World Was Made For Men‬ "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJw0W...layer_embedded
Old 12-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Essays from Lennon Sugnature Box...

I'm going to translate Yoko, Julian, and Sean's essays found inside the John Lennon signature box. I know perhaps only a few read this thread, but those who do would no doubt find these extremely touching and be moved, as I was, by the love his family has for him. MsLinds, if you want to post these essays to share on any other Beatle/John boards feel free. I just transcribed it and hope people enjoy.

I'll start with Yoko's:

JOHN IS STILL EVERYWHERE. John is still everywhere. I walk through the park on the week-end, and see many guys pushing strollers. They’re doing it, nonchalantly, as if they have been doing it for two thousand years! But actually, I know that before John pushed Sean through the park in a stroller, no guy wanted to be caught dead doing it. It was an unmanly thing to do. But now, nobody thinks it is anything unusual. “John, are you seeing this?” Yes, I still talk to him in my mind.

SOMETIME IN NEW YORK CITY. That was a big one. When we made that album, nobody liked it. So we didn’t feel good. But when I was invited to Moscow after John’s passing, they were all playing the songs from that album! I wanted so much to let John know that. He would have been so happy. “John, can you believe this? You’re everywhere.”

Going to Abbey Road every day and re-mastering the songs from his individual albums and singles- 121 of them for SIGNATURE- was such a privilege. But on a personal level, it was very hard remembering the days when John was making those songs at home- just on a guitar or on the piano- sometimes in the middle of the night.

I knew it would be difficult, but I decided to do the job because it was John. It was for him. So this was the most important thing I could do this year…to bring his voice to the world.

John’s voice is the voice of truth. It speaks to you and shakes your heart. GIMME SOME TRUTH. How ‘NOW’ is that?

As I listened to his voluminous songs for weeks, I found myself in his brain. I felt his heartbeat. And I smiled at his sense of humor which used to make me laugh.

Listening to his incredible words and music, I kept having the urge to tell John in person how much I still loved and respected him as a fellow songwriter. “John, am I doing right?” I kept asking in the middle of the night when I repeated the day’s work in my mind.

I believe strongly that John wanted his voice to come out for the people and for the world at this moment. We are all feeling the depletion of energy on many levels. Depletion starts in our minds, our spirit and our soul. So wake yourself up, my friends. Listen. Enjoy. Dance with it in your heart. Keep John close to you. He loves you.

love, yoko

YOKO ONO LENNON
August 9, 2010

Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Julian's essay...

It’s hard to believe that it’s nearly 40 years since Dad taught me my first guitar chords and did me the great honour of including my drum playing on the recording of ‘Ya Ya’ for his Walls and Bridges album. (Even if it was only with One drumstick!)

I have always been a great admirer of my father’s ingenious creativity and his stance for Peace. I loved his attitude, his style, and his thinking, which was certainly unique! He was a vast and vital presence; a tremendous talent, a remarkable man with a wonderfully rich imagination who has inspired many since.

Dad’s work has naturally been a tremendous influence on my musical life and his reputation made me even more keen to follow the same path, to make positive change in a World full of injustice, greed & troubled times, in whatever creative way possible. I love and respect him for this and I am really proud of the musical, artistic & humanitarian legacy he has left behind, for Sean, myself & the rest of the World.

Obviously there is great sadness, that we didn’t get to spend more time together. As a child this was impossible to quantify, but one think I remember, is that it was always great to see Dad again. As Dad himself wrote: “I think it’s been a slow process my feeling like a real father” & that’s also why I believe his song ‘Isolation’ rang so true with me, amongst many others…

I think Dad would be very proud of the fact that Sean and I, through out own creative ventures, continue to live, guided by his light and I feel very blessed that Sean is my brother, my blood.

I strongly believe that for us all, healing comes through love, music and creativity.

From his earlier work with The Beatles, to his Solo work…

In My Life, I’ve Loved them All…

JULIAN LENNON
August 9, 2010

Last edited by Nico; 12-25-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Old 12-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sean's essay...

ON DAD I must admit I’ve always been slightly jealous of the world for having had more time with my father than I did. Growing up I can’t remember a day without someone telling me a story about him. There were those who knew him well, but the vast majority had never met him. Everyone spoke as if they knew him, and the fact is they did. My father had touched the lives of an entire planet, had shaped the world around me, and had entered into the deepest and most private parts of the human psyche. He didn’t belong to me, he never did, he belonged to everyone.

My only chance of having a relationship with my father was in becoming a musician. I remember the first time I picked out a tune on the piano. It was either ‘Imagine’ or ‘Yellow Submarine.’ I was six years old and for the first time since his passing it was as if he were there with me again. From that moment on with each new chord I learned, each new instrument I played, eventually each new song I wrote, I felt I was coming closer to him somehow. To this day the only reason I play music is to know him. It’s the only means of connection I have.

In my adolescence, as my musical ability improved, I began to grasp the enormity of what my father had achieved as a composer and lyricist, as well as a cultural and political figure. By the time I was fifteen I had learned virtually every Beatles song, note for note, voice by voice, word for word. Studying his compositions intimately was yet another breakthrough towards knowing him, and his repertoire is now an innate part of my musical vocabulary. Learning the Lennon language has allowed me to hold my father close to me at all time, within my ears, within my head, and within my heart.

I realize what I have said is true for the majority of musicians, and non-musicians today. And now that I’m a little older, I find that my experiences in trying to connect to my father have connected me to the entire world. I am part of a global family that reaches far beyond the materials of flesh and blood. The music he created, and the principals he promoted have permeated the fabric of our society. I am very honored to call John Lennon my father, and gladly share him with both past and future generations.

SEAN LENNON
August 9, 2010

Old 12-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Posted Essays from Signature box from Sean,Julian and Yoko

Thank You Nico,for translating Yoko Julian, and Sean's essays found inside the " John Lennon Signature box ".I think they are very heartfelt and caring essays.Thanks for the ok for me to post if I want to these essays on other fan message boards.I want wish you Nico and your family and everyone here on the Ledge a safe and great Christmas day.take care of yourselves and each other

A few of my favorite quotes from John Lennon and his son Sean.

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" John Lennon

You have to be a bastard to make it, and that's a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth."John Lennon

When someone from the record company told John Lennon the radio stations don't play 7 minute songs (referencing Hey Jude).
John correctly answered, "They will if it's us!"

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. John Lennon

“Ultimately, people seem to think that being John Lennon’s son is a huge weight around my neck, but they don’t consider for a second how inspiring that might be, and how proud I am to have this name.” Sean Lennon

“I think people tend to see me through their own reality, and that has very little to do with my reality,” Sean Lennon
Old 12-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Mslinds!

I found a quote by Yoko that is very recent and it really touched me. It kind of shows how strong their love was for each other.

"Did it matter that the whole world hated you if your guy loved you that much? Who cares if you had to live in hell with him? Some couples might be lucky to live in heaven. John and my heaven was in Hell. And we loved it. We would not have wanted it any other way."
Closed Thread