User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Be that as it may, she's NOT bigger than the band.

She's either in or she's out. She can't be both. Sure, the band doesn't want to play smaller venues. Neither does she. If she wants the status of bandmate, then she is obligated to give them songs (and they don't really even have to be hers). She can't hold them hostage. Not anymore.
Agree 100%. Lindsey and Christine have both been told "you're with us or you're not" at one point or another and now it's Stevie's turn to be told that.

I think the big thing with the backlash against Stevie if she chooses not to record is the timing. When Lindsey left, they were in their 30s and 40s; now it's their 60s and 70s- there's not much time left to hem and haw on these things. And the biggest thing is Christine is back. If Stevie had announced she wanted out after the last tour, hey, all bands come to an end. But now she gets what she's been saying for years that she wanted, and now she's putting on the brakes. That can only make her look bad.

And as for taking a year to record this album? It's already mostly done. All she has to do is give them three songs, put on the backing vocals to Lindsey and Christine's songs, and boom, done. She can even give them three songs she doesn't care that much about if she's worried about what Lindsey's going to do with them. But she's not going to be stuck in a recording studio with them for a year like she was in the 70s.

Last edited by Montclare; 11-13-2014 at 11:57 PM..
Old 11-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I don't know about that. It's not business as usual because their time is running out. Does Stevie want to end her career on a positive note or negative note?
Assuming they still have two albums and three years of touring in them (a big assumption on my part, I know), how does that signify the end of her career? Even Mick acknowledges in his book that Stevie will still be going long after the band is over. Fleetwood Mac is a five year plan, Stevie's is a ten year plan (hopefully on both accounts).

My experience is that an album that's finished/mastered in June probably won't see the light of day until January. Of course, I've worked for somebody who typically releases about five albums a year, so that time can be somewhat adjusted. But even 24KG took about four months between being mastered and being released, and don't kid yourself that it wasn't released around the time this tour started. They can finish the album in two months, two weeks of which actually involve Stevie, leaving Stevie that time to do a solo tour and maybe a second 24KG.

Which is why I think it would take less than two months to record eight of Stevie's songs (or songs she could cover) and there could be two more albums. They did eight of Lindsey's songs in six weeks and probably as many of Christine's in eight weeks. Why would it take longer for Stevie's songs, especially since everybody will have been working solidly as a band for over a year by the time they even get back into the studio? This SHOULD be fairly painless as far as Stevie is concerned.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-14-2014 at 12:06 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm disgusted.

What a disappointment.

I just want to hear new songs. There are new songs. To let new music perish in this way is so frustrating.

Just do an album without her. I don't care if she never appears in it. That's how disgusted I am.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
After almost 40 years of FM why can't Stevie have her songs be the way she wants them instead of the way LB wants them?
I agree on that.She dont need the BS in the studio.Who needs the stress and the bickering.I think thats one of the main issues here but what I know.
Let Stevie do her thing.I'm not pissed at Stevie .She's putting her boots down and speaking up."I wrote the tunes and I want them my way or forget it".

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 11-14-2014 at 01:20 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Be that as it may, she's NOT bigger than the band.

She's either in or she's out. She can't be both. Sure, the band doesn't want to play smaller venues. Neither does she. If she wants the status of bandmate, then she is obligated to give them songs (and they don't really even have to be hers). She can't hold them hostage. Not anymore.

That all being said, I think she has every intention of recording with Fleetwood Mac.
This. It's completely absurd to tour with the band under the moniker of 'On With The Show' if you secretly just want to tour the hits and fizzle out. Her wish came true, Christine came back, it's time to put up or shut up. I didn't buy 24Karat because I'm sorry, as much as a fan I am, stood in line Day 1 at record stores to buy TISL and IYD and bought all 5 albums at once after becoming a fan of the Mac, I'm not buying into the selfish crap. And there's no bias here, if I'd been a Mac fan in 87 (wasn't born yet) I would've crucified Lindsey for leaving too.

Sure, my anger will subside eventually but it just pisses me off to no end. She released an album of basically subpar material, crap that wasn't even good enough to make her other albums in the first place and stuff she forgot about long ago. Yes, some of it turned out great. That's awesome. But Christine rejoined the band. The miracle of all miracles happened. The one thing we fans never truly thought would ever happen unless Hell froze over happened. If the band has already recorded material, we know damn well there's a 90% chance they mean to finish that material and make a record so the "no clue where our mindframes will be" is bull crap. As long as the money is there, I'm sure she'd put up with the rest of the band pushing her down a flight of freakin' stairs.

She either needs to commit 100% or get out. Like the Lindsey quotes that circulated about Christine, she needed to either be in 100% or not come back, she can't just come and go as she pleases. Same can be said to Stevie. She's by far the most accomplished member outside of this band. She has one of the most legendary solo female rock albums of all time (imo) and so many Billboard hits and critically acclaimed albums. 24 Karat, in a sense, acts as a great way to put a stamp on that career so why the hell not give the Mac the same courtesy? What more as a solo act does she possibly think she can achieve? If she wants a major hit record, her best chance is with the Mac. If she's still determined on digging around for scraps because she just can't write a hit song anymore, she has plenty to give the Mac. No need to be greedy because I sure as hell ain't buying 5 volumes of Songs from the Vault.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm disgusted.

What a disappointment.

I just want to hear new songs. There are new songs. To let new music perish in this way is so frustrating.

Just do an album without her. I don't care if she never appears in it. That's how disgusted I am.
And I'm disgusted at how manipulative some fans are? - downgrading an album because they want her to record with Fleetwood Mac, trying to apply peer pressure to a 66 year old woman... She probably would record with Fleetwood Mac if they didn't want to chain her down with another tour. Touring is probably the biggest problem -- it's a time hog.

I think Lindsey and Christine should just put out an album without Stevie and let her finish the solo albums she clearly wants to do.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I bet they would have recorded first but miss nicks didn't want to. DONE.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I bet they would have recorded first but miss nicks didn't want to. DONE.
Where as I bet she wanted to, but had a record contract hanging over her head, and opted to do that as quickly as possible so the tour could commence, because the Fleetwood Mac album wasn't going to be done before the tour anyway. She has even said that she went into the studio after the tour had already sold out. Now, why would she do that?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My heart wasn't in it without Christine and my heart won't be in it without Stevie. This was the time. Heart broken.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
And I'm disgusted at how manipulative some fans are? - downgrading an album because they want her to record with Fleetwood Mac, trying to apply peer pressure to a 66 year old woman... She probably would record with Fleetwood Mac if they didn't want to chain her down with another tour. Touring is probably the biggest problem -- it's a time hog.
Poor woman. It's a shame she has to choose between stronger album sales and sold-out tours or a mediocre solo career. The burden of having to make so much money by doing so little while getting that much adulation must be a real bitch.

Quote:
I think Lindsey and Christine should just put out an album without Stevie and let her finish the solo albums she clearly wants to do.
In other words, she's in or she's out.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-14-2014, 02:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
This. It's completely absurd to tour with the band under the moniker of 'On With The Show' if you secretly just want to tour the hits and fizzle out. Her wish came true, Christine came back, it's time to put up or shut up. I didn't buy 24Karat because I'm sorry, as much as a fan I am, stood in line Day 1 at record stores to buy TISL and IYD and bought all 5 albums at once after becoming a fan of the Mac, I'm not buying into the selfish crap. And there's no bias here, if I'd been a Mac fan in 87 (wasn't born yet) I would've crucified Lindsey for leaving too.

Sure, my anger will subside eventually but it just pisses me off to no end. She released an album of basically subpar material, crap that wasn't even good enough to make her other albums in the first place and stuff she forgot about long ago. Yes, some of it turned out great. That's awesome. But Christine rejoined the band. The miracle of all miracles happened. The one thing we fans never truly thought would ever happen unless Hell froze over happened. If the band has already recorded material, we know damn well there's a 90% chance they mean to finish that material and make a record so the "no clue where our mindframes will be" is bull crap. As long as the money is there, I'm sure she'd put up with the rest of the band pushing her down a flight of freakin' stairs.

She either needs to commit 100% or get out. Like the Lindsey quotes that circulated about Christine, she needed to either be in 100% or not come back, she can't just come and go as she pleases. Same can be said to Stevie. She's by far the most accomplished member outside of this band. She has one of the most legendary solo female rock albums of all time (imo) and so many Billboard hits and critically acclaimed albums. 24 Karat, in a sense, acts as a great way to put a stamp on that career so why the hell not give the Mac the same courtesy? What more as a solo act does she possibly think she can achieve? If she wants a major hit record, her best chance is with the Mac. If she's still determined on digging around for scraps because she just can't write a hit song anymore, she has plenty to give the Mac. No need to be greedy because I sure as hell ain't buying 5 volumes of Songs from the Vault.

Great post/rant!

I assumed her excitement of having Christine in the band had more to do with collaborating on new music with her. I understand that Stevie has the right to make her own decisions. But I find her to be very selfish. Fleetwood Mac was never looking for her in the first place; she was just an adjunct of Lindsey. I acknowledge she gave the band an added appeal. But she owes a lot of her solo career success to the band.

Her ambivalence to a new Fleetwood Mac album, knowing that Lindsey and Christine have already done extensive work on it is very disconcerting and insulting. Now I'm beginning to think that Lindsey and Christine go forward and release the album without Stevie, unless they get a commitment from her. They shouldn't have to wait for her beck and call. I bet their album will have more market appeal than her recent album.

All the excuses that Stevie doesn't trust that Lindsey is going to produce them the way she wants is just bull****. He produced her songs in Fleetwood Mac that made it possible for her to establish her solo career. She may have not liked the approach he took with songs on Say You Will, but that shouldn't warrant a complete dismissal of his abilities.

As others have said, if Stevie becomes the roadblock that stymies the last album the Rumours era band could have made, it will be a big blemish on her reputation. After all, she isn't even doing the heavy work the rest of the band is doing; most that falls on Lindsey, and the other musicians. Yet, Stevie gets to wear the crown.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-14-2014 at 02:55 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
Why can't they go to Australia in April?
THAT is the question i am asking
there is nearly TWO months between the last US date and the new UK ones.
i just thought it was odd she said AUSTRALIA then EUROPE considering we have been thrown NO bones and are being ignored

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I doubt they'll do Aus. in April because I think they'll tour North America that month. I say they do multiple shows at Staples and MGM in April.
Aus/NZ tour in September?
September 2016 you mean @ssholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I am sticking with the tour ending 6/30.

shut up
unless it means a TOTAL end of tour.
in that case they do need to squeeze us in before 6/30
we're small. they can manage
3-4weeks max. it doesn't take much for the aussies
COME ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Oh if that's the case, im guessing a solo tour promoting 24 Karat Gold is on the horizon then and if so SHE BETTER COME TO OZ FOR THAT!!! lol
i'd PREFER a Stevie 24KG solo tour than a Mac tour next year tbh
and since she didn't get to do her IYD Q&A here
she can do a new one ... 24KG Q&A

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 11-14-2014 at 03:05 AM..
Old 11-14-2014, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
This isn't the same as Lindsey leaving or Christine leaving because Stevie isn't leaving. I don't have a problem with someone leaving because if they don't want to be in the band then they shouldn't be. But if you're going to be in the band then be in the band and don't hold them back from what they all want to do. She either needs to get with it or leave. Time isn't in their side anymore.
Old 11-14-2014, 03:34 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1980 View Post
I am a frequent reader but very seldom post anything because it seems like posts from "new fans" or new members are not to be commented on.

Anyhow....and if anything I will probably get bashed for this but I admire her for being honest about not being on board for a new record and not knowing if she ever will be, instead of giving promises and do things that perhaps she knows will not make her happy and do it just out of duty and not with her heart in the right place.

She commited to a new, quite extensive tour with FM right after getting back from a huge tour - jumping on a new tour that NEVER would have happened if it weren't for Christine returning. So even if it has been Stevie's dream to have Chris back why should she feel obliged to commit to everything that the rest of them wants just because Chris is back???

If it means a new FM record without Stevie so be it. Go Stevie!! Considering how loyal she has been to Fm (that's my opinion) over the years I think she has the right to do what ever makes her happy at this stage in her life, especially since there seem to be so many things that she would still like to do the next ten years.

That was my 2 cents I guess...... now going back to my "only reading not posting" state of mind....
Totally agree with everything you said. Besides she hasn't exactly said no to it.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Great post/rant!

I assumed her excitement of having Christine in the band had more to do with collaborating on new music with her. I understand that Stevie has the right to make her own decisions. But I find her to be very selfish. Fleetwood Mac was never looking for her in the first place; she was just an adjunct of Lindsey. I acknowledge she gave the band an added appeal. But she owes a lot of her solo career success to the band.

Her ambivalence to a new Fleetwood Mac album, knowing that Lindsey and Christine have already done extensive work on it is very disconcerting and insulting. Now I'm beginning to think that Lindsey and Christine go forward and release the album without Stevie, unless they get a commitment from her. They shouldn't have to wait for her beck and call. I bet their album will have more market appeal than her recent album.

All the excuses that Stevie doesn't trust that Lindsey is going to produce them the way she wants is just bull****. He produced her songs in Fleetwood Mac that made it possible for her to establish her solo career. She may have not liked the approach he took with songs on Say You Will, but that shouldn't warrant a complete dismissal of his abilities.

As others have said, if Stevie becomes the roadblock that stymies the last album the Rumours era band could have made, it will be a big blemish on her reputation. After all, she isn't even doing the heavy work the rest of the band is doing; most that falls on Lindsey, and the other musicians. Yet, Stevie gets to wear the crown.
Stevie didn't ask Lindsey and Christine to start working on a new record so u can't hold that over her head. The blemish of the successfulness is on Lindsey and Chris. They broke up the group.