The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As of now, I'm committed to Seattle University.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Some will never know or share any kind of dream.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
I vote yes on that, on account of I have fambly in Seattle. I'll bring the gas mask next time I'm out for a visit, and you & I can engage in some shenanigans.

We'll be all like

What say you, madam?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Annie I am sooooooooooooooooo down. Shenanigans will happen without a doubt. And again, another amazing GIF. I envy yo skillz.

Seattle was a backup choice for me but they offered me a TON of money in scholarships so my parents are making me go there. So if they randomly decide they feel like paying for NYU somewhere down the line, I'll go there. But until then.... I'm happy. The city is awesome.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Registered

Quote:
Annie I am sooooooooooooooooo down. Shenanigans will happen without a doubt. And again, another amazing GIF. I envy yo skillz.

Seattle was a backup choice for me but they offered me a TON of money in scholarships so my parents are making me go there. So if they randomly decide they feel like paying for NYU somewhere down the line, I'll go there. But until then.... I'm happy. The city is awesome.
Awww yeah. It's on. And I love that macro, the boy is so serious business.

Seattle really is an awesome city. I always love going out there. There is a lot to do, and it's so beautiful. When you get around to exploring, make sure you hit the U District, as it's packed with kickass thrift stores - only place I've ever seen a genuine pair of those vintage platform shoes with the goldfish in the heels. They also have a bunch of great used record shops, where I've acquired some Mac 45s over the years.

Skads of fantastic restaurants, too. I would totally move out there, but it's so damn expensive.

Seattle University is the Jesuit school in Capitol Hill, isn't it?

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Awww yeah. It's on. And I love that macro, the boy is so serious business.

Seattle really is an awesome city. I always love going out there. There is a lot to do, and it's so beautiful. When you get around to exploring, make sure you hit the U District, as it's packed with kickass thrift stores - only place I've ever seen a genuine pair of those vintage platform shoes with the goldfish in the heels. They also have a bunch of great used record shops, where I've acquired some Mac 45s over the years.

Skads of fantastic restaurants, too. I would totally move out there, but it's so damn expensive.

Seattle University is the Jesuit school in Capitol Hill, isn't it?
I LOVE THRIFT STORES. We're going.

And yeah, that's the one! It's an awesome location and a good school for what I want to do. Their teaching program is ranked 4th best in the nation and I can get my bachelors and masters done in only 5 years, which is really helpful. So we'll see how it goes!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
I LOVE THRIFT STORES. We're going.

And yeah, that's the one! It's an awesome location and a good school for what I want to do. Their teaching program is ranked 4th best in the nation and I can get my bachelors and masters done in only 5 years, which is really helpful. So we'll see how it goes!
Very cool! I've never been to the campus, just know where it is. My sister has a lot of friends that went to U Dub, though. What are you going to teach? English?

And I love thrift stores, too. I've picked up some amazing things over the years out there - my favorite probably being the carved stone tiki dude thing I dubbed the Beer God and gave my boyfriend at the time, because his favorite beer was Honey Brown, and that was around the time that they were using the Beer God adverts.

I dunno if you remember those, but they were hilarious - we had a ton of the different billboards in our area with a little stone tiki dude with atrocious grammar shouting stuff at you, like, "Billboard cost beer god $6, 518. Buy Honey Brown Lager now!" and "That not wife in car! You buy Honey Brown Lager now or beer god tell!" and "You, in Budweiser truck! Repent!"

So yes, we will go shopping. Thrift stores, and the awesome Nordy's Rack downtown, and the Daiso where I get my bento supplies. Yay Seattle!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Very cool! I've never been to the campus, just know where it is. My sister has a lot of friends that went to U Dub, though. What are you going to teach? English?

And I love thrift stores, too. I've picked up some amazing things over the years out there - my favorite probably being the carved stone tiki dude thing I dubbed the Beer God and gave my boyfriend at the time, because his favorite beer was Honey Brown, and that was around the time that they were using the Beer God adverts.

I dunno if you remember those, but they were hilarious - we had a ton of the different billboards in our area with a little stone tiki dude with atrocious grammar shouting stuff at you, like, "Billboard cost beer god $6, 518. Buy Honey Brown Lager now!" and "That not wife in car! You buy Honey Brown Lager now or beer god tell!" and "You, in Budweiser truck! Repent!"

So yes, we will go shopping. Thrift stores, and the awesome Nordy's Rack downtown, and the Daiso where I get my bento supplies. Yay Seattle!
I've never even heard of the Beer God adverts... but I am most definitely interested now. This just reminded me of the Viva Pinata ad. Which made me go watch it again. Which made me die laughing because that may be my favorite thing on YouTube.

But yes, come to San Francisco. You would die with the thrift stores up there.... Haight is a godsend. Seriously, I get half my clothes from this place:

Old 04-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You guys are making me seriously jealous! I wanna come to Seattle! I wanna go thrifting and I want my chances of seeing Heart to be increased by much more than they stand at by being here in the UK

Thrifts and Charity Shops are my second home. I'm going to heaven just because of the sheer amount of money I give to charity shops.

On the JTIS front. I just found a really nice long skinny cardigan in my closet. I think it's from a granny department somewhere but I've fallen in love with it

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm jealous too! I hope I get to hang out with lots of Ledgies someday
Hope you have a ball at uni, Dannielle.

JTIS, I've finished three of my exams and have three more to go
Old 04-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I'm jealous too! I hope I get to hang out with lots of Ledgies someday
Hope you have a ball at uni, Dannielle.

JTIS, I've finished three of my exams and have three more to go
Four down here... sixteen to go
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^

Well, that puts my problems in perspective. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to a formal tomorrow, and I have an excuse to wear my favorite dress....plus it means an amazing free meal and flowers. So pumped. JTIS.
You're so like me
Old 04-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never even heard of the Beer God adverts... but I am most definitely interested now. This just reminded me of the Viva Pinata ad. Which made me go watch it again. Which made me die laughing because that may be my favorite thing on YouTube.

But yes, come to San Francisco. You would die with the thrift stores up there.... Haight is a godsend. Seriously, I get half my clothes from this place:

Any blurs of chiffon and rhinestone whizzing by in rocket-powered wheelchairs???
Old 04-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hanson are performing their new album 'Shout it Out' in NY tonight. You can watch the live streaming on the website - https://www.hanson.net/site/sections/257. If you haven't heard of these guys since MMMBop then you might be pleasantly surprised! JTIS