The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We have this music festival twice a year called Crawdad (ya'll ) and I actually went to this one tonight. I am so not a social person, but my friends try to drag me out every chance they get. Well of course there was the usual high school drama, and **** talking, but I actually made quite a few new friends . Also, this Saturday there is another show, and I am seeing Dear Lovely. They are a screamo/metal Christian band, and I actually loveeee them. So with all this pointless ranting being said, point is, I miss high school for it's social connections only. I hate not having a life....JTIS.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
Up late...as usual! I think I'm going to have some Jack Daniels

JTIS
No, not Jack Daniels! Johnnie Walker Black on ice!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sat next to a really cute guy on my plane home from Seattle tonight and he gave me his number He was a creative writing major in college and he has two Salinger literary tattoos! Instant love.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I sat next to a really cute guy on my plane home from Seattle tonight and he gave me his number He was a creative writing major in college and he has two Salinger literary tattoos! Instant love.
Aww, I'm heartbroken!
Would he be willing to post some of his work on The Writing Thread if you told him about The Ledge? If not, convince him to!
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well i had just about the biggest fight EVER with my mother. She came into my room, knocked my whole record collection to the floor and said i was a "drug addict" because of how much time i spend on FM/Stevie. She was like, " you're trying to find yourself through Stevie Nicks" and " You're not social anymore"...which i guess might be true, but i never get along with my mom so it doesm't matter. Anyways, sorry to vent.....i need a couple cheerup songs? Any ideas???

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
Well i had just about the biggest fight EVER with my mother. She came into my room, knocked my whole record collection to the floor and said i was a "drug addict" because of how much time i spend on FM/Stevie. She was like, " you're trying to find yourself through Stevie Nicks" and " You're not social anymore"...which i guess might be true, but i never get along with my mom so it doesm't matter. Anyways, sorry to vent.....i need a couple cheerup songs? Any ideas???
Take the stars down Miranda!
Your a great friend to have

Don't let yourself down,
All the best Miranda, you deserve it!

Here is your medicine!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that! I know what you mean though, my mom tells me that I'm too obsessed with Stevie, but I just try and explain that I just love her a lot haha. Since you liked Electric Feel by MGMT so much, how about this:

Orrr:

Hope your day gets better!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had that same argument with my Mum about Blondie. It wasn't until I went to Scotland to meet one of my best friends, who I met on a Blondie forum, that she realised I was finally happy. Also, your Mum should be thankful you're 'finding yourself' through someone as beautiful and gentle as Stevie and not the complete history of Punk, as I did

As for cheer up songs, the lyrics to this NEVER fail to get me back on my feet.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 04-27-2010 at 07:46 AM..
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Also, your Mum should be thankful you're 'finding yourself' through someone as beautiful and gentle as Stevie and not the complete history of Punk, as I did
Oh man. LOL. Like Madam ButterCookie says, your mother should be thankful. Except with me, it wasn't the complete history of punk - it was goth, industrial, and about 75 different genres of metal-what-scared-the-early-90s-appliqued-sweatshirts offa her.

She was all the time confiscating my Metallica tapes ("DID HE JUST SAY TO OBEY YOUR MASTER? WHAT MASTER? SATAN?!?!?!") or my Nine Inch Nails tapes (particularly Broken, "TURN THAT OFF. THAT'S NOT MUSIC, THAT'S JUST NOISE"), or my KMFDM tapes ("WE ARE REPUBLICANS IN THIS HOUSE, YOUNG LADY"), or my Type O Negative tapes ("JESUS CHRIST ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HIM, THAT IS JUST WRONG"), etc.

Sigh.

Here is a video that always brings a smile to my face, even though my heart is 3 sizes too small. It is a live performance of "Take Your Mama" by the Scissor Sisters on the Brit Awards. It has singing watermelons! And dancing glitter eggs!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, my life is complete and utter **** right now, but there is good news to be had! A friend is taking me on an all expenses paid trip to New Orleans on Friday... I'm so excited! I haven't been there in 19 years! I can't wait to stroll around the Garden District tracing the steps of my favorite book series, The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. I need out of my neck of the woods so badly it's not even funny. I come to life West of the Mississippi!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
What I fail to see is what's wrong with finding yourself through Stevie? It's not like you're trying to find yourself through heroin! But seriously, that sounds like typical Mom stuff. They cannot stand when their babies get older, become more independent, form their own identities, and eventually leave the nest. I'm nearly 30, and I still go round with my Mother over such issues. We actually haven't spoken in 5 months now because my Mom still tries to manipulate me, run my life, and make me feel guilty about not just my shortcomings, but also my accomplishments! It's a shame, because we have such a good rapport when she's not doing that ****. Seriously though, don't let Mommy Dearest get you down. At your age, you're supposed to be finding yourself. And the sooner you start asserting yourself and your own identity, the better.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She sounds about like my mom did. Anytime my mom got mad at me, she'd throw my Fleetwood Mac tapes! I was so glad to leave home! I've never understood what is so threatening to people when someone enjoys certain music and wants to spend a lot of time on it. I mean, how is that different than any other hobby? To me, your mom should be happy that you are 'addicted' to Stevie/FM and not addicted to drugs or out getting pregnant or stealing....there's a lot worse things than listening to music. Anyway, as for not being social, why does someone always have to be around others? In my opinion, part of growing up is learning to be happy with yourself and learning to stand on your own.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
She sounds about like my mom did. Anytime my mom got mad at me, she'd throw my Fleetwood Mac tapes! I was so glad to leave home! I've never understood what is so threatening to people when someone enjoys certain music and wants to spend a lot of time on it. I mean, how is that different than any other hobby? To me, your mom should be happy that you are 'addicted' to Stevie/FM and not addicted to drugs or out getting pregnant or stealing....there's a lot worse things than listening to music. Anyway, as for not being social, why does someone always have to be around others? In my opinion, part of growing up is learning to be happy with yourself and learning to stand on your own.
i have a horrid relationship w/ my mother, haven't spoken to her in years, she was highly abusive & i was never so glad to leave home~ i would never treat my son like she did me, i have spent my time w/ my son breaking the cycle of craziness i grew up w/~

my mom & stevie are the same age & my mom was so jealous of stevie it was disgusting~ i never compared the 2, never threw stevie in her face~ but she didn't 'get' what i saw in stevie~ she would take every opportunity to bash stevie, for the stupidest reasons~ & i remember when stevie played w/ the mac for clinton, the song wasn't even a full 10 seconds in, before my mom called me to make wise cracks about stevie's weight~ but every time stevie or the mac played by where my mom was living at the time, she would go~ i never got that or my mother, still don't~
Old 04-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Guys i can't thank you enough for your kind words - it really made my day! I'm at school right now so i'll listen to the videos you posted later, because YouTube is blocked.....
Thanks again guys!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 04-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Miranda, you are such an awesome girl. Don't let your momma bring you down

As for me, the dorm I'm living in is killing me. I've been to the health center at least 5 times in the last 2 months. To add to the latest list of my illnesses, I can't talk because my throat is swollen, and while I was unlofting my bed, a rail fell on my root and it hurts to walk. Let's hope I can survive these next two weeks