Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Maybe the jeggings were too tight?
No, please. The jeggings are fine. Just fine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Srsly awful cover. I'm kinda shocked. Like at first I thought it looked "clean" but then I realized it looks cheap.

The picture on the couch in your signature would have been just fine as an album cover!
I love both very much, but it look cheap and photoshopped.

And I also don't like the title album. I still want "Buckingham McVie". It sounds much better.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I love both very much, but it look cheap and photoshopped.

And I also don't like the title album. I still want "Buckingham McVie". It sounds much better.

Whoever did the cover is seriously incompetent. There is a hint of shadow behind Lindsey, especially where his guitar is. There's no shadow behind Christine though which is what makes it look a bit odd. They either needed to create some shadow behind Christine or remove all the shadow.

Isn't the album still titled Buckingham McVie?
I think its Buckingham McVie by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

edit: no- on second viewing it appears its called Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie on itunes and Amazon. On the BuckinghamMcVie.com website it lists Buckingham McVie LP. I wonder whether there's a bit of a balls up somewhere?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 04-11-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Whoever did the cover is seriously incompetent. There is a hint of shadow behind Lindsey, especially where his guitar is. There's no shadow behind Christine though which is what makes it look a bit odd. They either needed to create some shadow behind Christine or remove all the shadow.

Isn't the album still titled Buckingham McVie?
I think its Buckingham McVie by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

edit: no- on second viewing it appears its called Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie on itunes and Amazon. On the BuckinghamMcVie.com website it lists Buckingham McVie LP. I wonder whether there's a bit of a balls up somewhere?
Isn't the album titled "In My World"?

Or that's the name of the tour?
Old 04-11-2017, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Isn't the album titled "In My World"?

Or that's the name of the tour?
I thought In My World is just the name of the promoted lead-out single.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-11-2017, 02:23 PM
Ledgie

It is indeed a very lame album cover. One cannot help but wonder (as with every album cover Christine has appeared on since The Dance ... wait, that's only two covers) exactly what's happened to Christine's face (and I don't say this to be mean - just bothers me that she looks so worked on) and Lindsey's standing there incredibly awkward, as if he doesn't want to be there and one cannot help but wonder:

Where did the p*nis go?

It's a tad (very) awkward. The absolute opposite of the stunningly gorgeous Say You Will album cover which I still look at in absolute awe (front and back).

But then - that's just the packaging ... maybe we shouldn't worry so much about that.

My other big issue is: opening the album with a track each and every LB fan already owns? No doubt it will have Christine's added harmonies - who knows, he may have even let her trade lines or whole verses with him but ... it's still odd to open an album with a song people already know and own.

And someone here wrote that they're relieved that they're not recycling or revisiting any of the tracks from "Extended Play" because they weren't strong enough. Allow me to respectfully disagree. "It Takes Time" has entered into my all-time Lindsey Top 10 and "Miss Fantasy" was gorgeous. In fact "On With The Show" being a line in "Miss Fantasy" sort of makes me wonder if it's the same song though I highly, highly doubt it.

Okay, rant over. Still SUPER thrilled and excited about this album and can't wait!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Maybe the jeggings were too tight?
It's impossible to not let your eyes wander they are that tight....
Old 04-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should have called the album 'Carnival Begin' and the tour the 'Carnival Tour'

btw- its a shame we didn't get to hear On With The Show two years ago

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought In My World is just the name of the promoted lead-out single.
Yes, I think you're right.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see the interior of the packaging uses a variation of the picture taken for the Uncut interview. It looks much better than the Uncut image- perhaps as its black and white. This would have been a better choice for the front cover.

Grrrr, if only that text was just a little bigger- I cant quite make anything out.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, that cover is lame. But really, who cares? Let's just hope the music is good!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
It's impossible to not let your eyes wander they are that tight....
That's not good for the prostate of a man of Lindsey's age.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I see the interior of the packaging uses a variation of the picture taken for the Uncut interview. It looks much better than the Uncut image- perhaps as its black and white. This would have been a better choice for the front cover.
The black and white pic is really beautiful!

Quote:
Grrrr, if only that text was just a little bigger- I cant quite make anything out.
I'm positive someone younger that us will make something out of those tiny little words.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:55 PM
Ledgie

I can't wait to download the lead-off single on Friday! That is very exciting to me!
Old 04-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When pasting the packaging image into Word it comes out quite a bit bigger.
Its still very pixilated and difficult to read but I think I can make out;

Tracks 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 by Lindsey Buckingham (Sleeping Around the Corner, In My World, Love is Here to Stay, Lay Down For Free and On With The Show)
Tracks 2, 4 and 6 by Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie (Feel About You, Red Sun, Too Far Gone)
Tracks 8 and 10 by Christine McVie (Game of Pretend, Carnival Begin)

...but I cant be certain on some of them.

Also, 5 of the songs are produced by LB and co-produced by someone else (that I cant make out)
3 of the songs are produced by LB and someone else (different to the first name, I think)
2 of the songs are produced by LB

Mick Fleetwood

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 04-11-2017 at 03:01 PM..