User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
He's so cute in this. It's a good interview. The part about the flying V is at about 4:43. When I was a kid, I watched Merv Griffin religiously, checked the TV Guide every week to see who'd be on, and hope I'd be home to see it ( no Tivo - or even VCRs back then - LOL. )!

--
I did the same thing, with Mike Douglas, Dinah Shore and Johnny Carson. I'm not sure about Merv Griffin. For some reason, I didn't see his show as much. I would check the tv guide listings for both tv show appearances and for movies, because I was a Sonny and Cher fan and kept hoping for their movie Good Times to show up. I recorded shows with my audio cassette recorder, in those pre-VCR days and I would listen to the cassette over and over. I still have them.

Michele
Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Jeff Buckingham's wife, Jeff Buckingham, LB

LB at a High School Reunion (40th?)

Old 07-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I did the same thing, with Mike Douglas, Dinah Shore and Johnny Carson. I'm not sure about Merv Griffin. For some reason, I didn't see his show as much. I would check the tv guide listings for both tv show appearances and for movies, because I was a Sonny and Cher fan and kept hoping for their movie Good Times to show up. I recorded shows with my audio cassette recorder, in those pre-VCR days and I would listen to the cassette over and over. I still have them.

Michele
Yep, I went page by page through the whole guide, checking every talk show and movie listing. I liked Mike Douglas and Dinah Shore too, and watched Johnny Carson when I was old enough to stay up so late! I had so many crushes, and checked for them all! I never taped any shows, but, I bought some from others' who did. I'd find their ads in the classifieds of all the movie and TV magazines, and we'd trade magazine clips of our favorites too! It's so much easier thesed days to be obsessed
---------------------------------------------
Old 07-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post

These are cool Do you have any more like them??
-----------------------------------------------
Old 07-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
My whole family watched S&C together each week ( when I was really little, we watched the Andy Williams show! ). When I was in my teens, their greatest hits was one of many records I'd play ( along with Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Elvis, the Carpenters... ) when my mom and I would play cards or board games. It was a neat way to connect. "All I Ever Need is You" is still one of my all time favorite songs. It's on my mp3 player, and it never fails to make me feel better when I'm feeling kinda blue.
-------------------------------------------
Old 07-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
High school reunions are bad enough, but imagine having Lindsey as an ex-classmate. So, what do you do now?
Old 07-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

His brohter looks nothing like him, but doesn't Bucky look a bit drunk in that pic?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
These are cool Do you have any more like them??
-----------------------------------------------
This is from the same H.S. reunion. I think I posted it before, though.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is from the same H.S. reunion. I think I posted it before, though.

i dunno if you did, but no offense, but that woman is very...what this website describes Sarah Jessica Parker as: http://sarahjessicaparkerlookslikeahorse.com/

EDIT: And much as I make fun of him in white, this is an exception: http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...post/880830311

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-31-2010 at 05:02 PM..
Old 07-31-2010, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here's the last two pics I found from the H.S. reunion

Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post

And since you met him, what was he like? What are his eyes like in person?
He was absolutely lovely. Very accommodating, sweet, humble. He was attentive to everyone there and seemed genuinely touched by all the accolades people were throwing at him. In person he was very thin, very handsome, and his eyes were beautiful. Actually, his eyes are really what I noticed most as they were very striking and his lashes are pretty long. He has those laugh lines when he smiles that can actually be appealing on really attractive older men. I have a series of pics that I really should post one day.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
His brohter looks nothing like him, but doesn't Bucky look a bit drunk in that pic?
His sister-in-law's curly hair looks like Lindsey's own curls. I think she's the one who questioned his use of the title "Gift of Screws." She thought it risque.

Michele
Old 07-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My whole family watched S&C together each week ( when I was really little, we watched the Andy Williams show! ). When I was in my teens, their greatest hits was one of many records I'd play ( along with Neil Diamond, Tom Jones, Elvis, the Carpenters... ) when my mom and I would play cards or board games. It was a neat way to connect. "All I Ever Need is You" is still one of my all time favorite songs. It's on my mp3 player, and it never fails to make me feel better when I'm feeling kinda blue.
-

I remember watching the Andy Williams Christmas special every year. Sonny Bono co-wrote Needles and Pins. So, I'm very proud to have a Petty/Nicks cover.

Michele
Old 08-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The show I loved to watch was Dick Cavett. He'd spend a whole hour with one subject.

I was fascinated when he interviewed Harry Chapin. Harry wrote some great short stories as songs and was gone way too soon. I think my favorite song is about a disc jockey who works for WOLD.

[Sorry, this has nothing to do with Lindsey Buckingham photos...]

Last edited by Betsy; 08-01-2010 at 01:10 AM..
Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
He was absolutely lovely. Very accommodating, sweet, humble. He was attentive to everyone there and seemed genuinely touched by all the accolades people were throwing at him. In person he was very thin, very handsome, and his eyes were beautiful. Actually, his eyes are really what I noticed most as they were very striking and his lashes are pretty long. He has those laugh lines when he smiles that can actually be appealing on really attractive older men. I have a series of pics that I really should post one day.
He does sound like someone I'd like to meet, and for more than just seeing his ey in person. He really does sound like a sweet guy that I wish I could meet someday...