User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Lol come to think of it, you do sound right. I never noticed someone wiping down his mic, but being a madman drummer is gonnalead to at least some spitting.

Now, I know this was put up like yesterday, but I gotta ask: is it just me or did Lindsey shrink? I recall him being a few inches shorter than Mick back in the day and now he looks Stevie-sized next to him.
Yeah, after Mick sputters/raps into the mic for World Turning, a guy comes and wipes it down before Stevie and Lindsey use them again.

Those calcium deficiencies can be brutal as you get older, but I think Mick is something like 6'7". So, he's always been a lot taller than Lindscrafter.

Michele
Old 07-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yeah, after Mick sputters/raps into the mic for World Turning, a guy comes and wipes it down before Stevie and Lindsey use them again.

Those calcium deficiencies can be brutal as you get older, but I think Mick is something like 6'7". So, he's always been a lot taller than Lindscrafter.

Michele
I also think Lindsey used to wear those platforms a lot back in the day. He's probably wearing those loafer things he often wears in this pic. lol! I don't know exactly how tall LB is but he was taller than me when I met him and I'm not totally short with heels. So he's probably around average.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post

I too love this photo. Thank you!!! Lindsey is a doll. I remember being at his show and after GYOW a lady grabbed his hand and started saying all kinds of gratuitous things in Spanish...he just looked at her and said, "Yeah, I'm not sure I heard all that but thank you." He's genuinely sweet to his fans.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I too love this photo. Thank you!!! Lindsey is a doll. I remember being at his show and after GYOW a lady grabbed his hand and started saying all kinds of gratuitous things in Spanish...he just looked at her and said, "Yeah, I'm not sure I heard all that but thank you." He's genuinely sweet to his fans.
I'm not gonna lie, he does seem really nice to his fans, but that was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I also think Lindsey used to wear those platforms a lot back in the day. He's probably wearing those loafer things he often wears in this pic. lol! I don't know exactly how tall LB is but he was taller than me when I met him and I'm not totally short with heels. So he's probably around average.
Oh those hideous platform sandals he wore with socks back then. As bad as they were, they did what they did for Stevie: made him taller, but now that he has stop wearing 'em (thank God lol), we really notice how not-so-tall he really is.

And since you met him, what was he like? What are his eyes like in person?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 07-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 07-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Is first one OOTC or Dance? And why did he have 7 guitarists with him during OOTC tour?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Is first one OOTC or Dance? And why did he have 7 guitarists with him during OOTC tour?
The first one looks like the Tusk tour to me (?)
As for the OOTC tour, the many guitarists was something he said he'd had an idea of wanting for a long time.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As for the OOTC tour, the many guitarists was something he said he'd had an idea of wanting for a long time.
He wanted to be backed by by 7 of people on the ax? Why didn't he do it for Big Love then? And why did he wanna make Big love acoustic-only live?

Old 07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He wanted to be backed by by 7 of people on the ax? Why didn't he do it for Big Love then? And why did he wanna make Big love acoustic-only live?
I think it was only 4 or 5 backing guitarists, not 7. He said in something I read about how some songs didn't sound the way he wanted them to 'live' with only him or one other backing guitarist, so this was supposed to 'fill-out' the instrumentals.

I am completely unsure as to why he decided to start doing 'Big Love' acoustically. Maybe he couldn't replicate the instrumental the way he wanted to when he was 'live'. I guess he didn't use other guitarists because he wanted it to be his 'show piece'.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was only 4 or 5 backing guitarists, not 7. He said in something I read about how some songs didn't sound the way he wanted them to 'live' with only him or one other backing guitarist, so this was supposed to 'fill-out' the instrumentals.

I am completely unsure as to why he decided to start doing 'Big Love' acoustically. Maybe he couldn't replicate the instrumental the way he wanted to when he was 'live'. I guess he didn't use other guitarists because he wanted it to be his 'show piece'.
He got Go nsane sounding fine full ensemble, but I bet with Big Love he just wanted to show off how kickass he was on the acoustic.

I know most single-guitarist bands hire a second guitarist to play rhythm guitar to create a fuller sound and fill for for studio overdubs, but 5 is a bit overboard.

And BTW, I have come to a very important conclusion today: that man is a damn chameleon! (but a hot one regardless) See? http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...winner-rumours

Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And BTW, I have come to a very important conclusion today: that man is a damn chameleon! (but a hot one regardless) See? http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...winner-rumours

I agree he used to change his look a lot, but for the past five or so years, he's looked pretty much the same.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree he used to change his look a lot, but for the past five or so years, he's looked pretty much the same.
Except for the fact that, right now, I'm pretty sure that he's been losing some hair too!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As always, Great pics holidayroad! I thought the second one was Tusk also.

Cassie, probably the dark suit, open to show off his chest hair ( ala The Dance ) threw you off

And as for the guitars, I remember him talking about that too, on the Merv Griffin show! He said he wanted to do a "flying V" like in the big band days...very much like the drum formation in the Trouble video. He does layer a lot of different guitar parts in his songs, so I don't think a lot of guitars is that crazy. Yeah, maybe 5 or 6 is a little over board, but, hey, he loves guitars!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
As always, Great pics holidayroad! I thought the second one was Tusk also.

Cassie, probably the dark suit, open to show off his chest hair ( ala The Dance ) threw you off

And as for the guitars, I remember him talking about that too, on the Merv Griffin show! He said he wanted to do a "flying V" like in the big band days...very much like the drum formation in the Trouble video. He does layer a lot of different guitar parts in his songs, so I don't think a lot of guitars is that crazy. Yeah, maybe 5 or 6 is a little over board, but, hey, he loves guitars!
First of all, can you find me that interview?

Second off, the suit hing must have thrown me off, but he seems to love his chest hair too, since he seems to enjoy showing it off enough.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all, can you find me that interview?
Second off, the suit hing must have thrown me off, but he seems to love his chest hair too, since he seems to enjoy showing it off enough.
He's so cute in this. It's a good interview. The part about the flying V is at about 4:43. When I was a kid, I watched Merv Griffin religiously, checked the TV Guide every week to see who'd be on, and hope I'd be home to see it ( no Tivo - or even VCRs back then - LOL. )!

------------------------------------------------