User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine is the heart and soul of FM. Always has been, always will be!
Amen! She truly was Green's replacement, as vital to the direction of the band's sound as he was before she was there. Try imagining the band's evolution without her: it's impossible to do so. When she was gone, the band put out one (very good) record, but it didn't feel right.

Anyway, no new music. If it were up to her and LB, there would be. When will she just do another solo album without them?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You think??? And then some of her fans. Look at how some folks got upset when the media hailed Christine's return. They got down right defensive when Christine got any attention. Good lord, how dare they attribute any of the success to Christine.
Quote:
Well, I think fans of the other four appreciate the contribution of them all.

IMHO, ~most~ (not ALL!) of Stevie's fans have blinders on, and think the sun rises and sets in her arse. So compliments for anyone else(especially the other woman) ticks them off to no end.

Christine is the heart and soul of FM. Always has been, always will be!
I am very much a Stevie fan and have always been willing to call out her crap as I see it.

Not all of us are sycophants. You can admire someone's talent and still be frustrated by their foibles.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I am very much a Stevie fan and have always been willing to call out her crap as I see it.

Not all of us are sycophants. You can admire someone's talent and still be frustrated by their foibles.
You never bow to the chiffons.. And when and if ever Christine is wrong. I will be the first to say something.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A new direction...

Considering it took sixteen years to record a studio
album between Tango and Say You Will, I'd say
they're right on schedule.

If I had a worry about the new album, it wouldn't
be it's release date. It would be how good it could
possibly be.

The new songs on The Dance, Say You Will and
then the extended play doesn't bode well for the
new album.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And when and if ever Christine is wrong. I will be the first to say something.
And has that ever happened? (be careful, I know your address!)
Old 06-15-2016, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen! She truly was Green's replacement, as vital to the direction of the band's sound as he was before she was there. Try imagining the band's evolution without her: it's impossible to do so. When she was gone, the band put out one (very good) record, but it didn't feel right.

Anyway, no new music. If it were up to her and LB, there would be. When will she just do another solo album without them?
Absolutely impossible to imagine that they'd have survived, post Green, without her. She was an integral part of the compass, during the transition years. And afterwards, obviously!
Old 06-15-2016, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Considering it took sixteen years to record a studio
album between Tango and Say You Will, I'd say
they're right on schedule.

If I had a worry about the new album, it wouldn't
be it's release date. It would be how good it could
possibly be.

The new songs on The Dance, Say You Will and
then the extended play doesn't bode well for the
new album.
There are plenty of great songs on those albums. And on the solo albums in the mean time (no pun intended).

And why are the other albums ignored? Are you only considering albums that have Stevie and Lindsey both on them, but Christine take or leave?
Old 06-15-2016, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has her solo career too, and deals with FM in spite of having generally had the fewest number of songs on their albums and being marginalized creatively. She also puts up with Lindsey's domineering attitudes. Do not forget the fact that Tango and SYW were originally conceived as solo albums of his that he knew would not sell, so he got the FM team together and used them to make money. Most of his own FM music is totally solo-type stuff that would flop without the FM brand. No doubt Stevie figures she is fed up with being used as the commercial attraction behind the FM albums and tours, while having little real input into what they do.

Last edited by mitzo; 06-15-2016 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 06-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Stevie has her solo career too, and deals with FM in spite of having generally had the fewest number of songs on their albums and being marginalized creatively. She also puts up with Lindsey's domineering attitudes. Do not forget the fact that Tango and SYW were originally conceived as solo albums of his that he knew would not sell, so he got the FM team together and used them to make money. Most of his own FM music is totally solo-type stuff that would flop without the FM brand. No doubt Stevie figures she is fed up with being used as the commercial attraction behind the FM albums and tours, while having little real input into what they do.
Thank you for this. I love all of the members of FM (love for Lindsey is marginal I admit) but it is good to hear someone take Stevie's perspective in all of this. I think this is exactly how she feels. It is how I would feel if I were her.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Spot on
Old 06-15-2016, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And has that ever happened? (be careful, I know your address!)
How about the whole Bob Welch thing?

Nobody's perfect.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 06-15-2016 at 10:23 AM..
Old 06-15-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

Noboby's perfect.
I was a bit pissed about that. He was every much a part of this band as any other member.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-15-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post

Nobody's perfect.
I was pissed about that as well. Pretty much the only time she's pissed me off.

Lesson? I guess you don't *uck with Christine!
Old 06-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thats a bit harsh. Stevie has the fewest songs but (without actually adding it all up) probably the most air time on their albums. She needs to cut her songs down to sensible times then she can have more of them. She marginalizes herself creatively in that sense. I think Lindsey has proven he can write commercial songs if he wants to but generally likes being a bit left-field. This is the case with FM but more so on his own. The band was brought together for TITN more for Mick's benefit than anyone else's.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thats cool that you can revise history and get people to say "right on!". It was not Lindsey's idea or desire to turn his solo albums into Fleetwood Mac albums. It was either the band or the record company who demanded it of him. For SayYou Will, I don't think it was so much that they didn't want a Lindsey album but they really wanted a Fleetwood Mac album (which resulted in The Dance and subsequently Say You Will) and the way to force that was to refuse to release Lindsey's album. Lindsey was never the one to initiate getting the band back together and he's plenty happy with his solo audience. Who needed who?

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 06-15-2016 at 01:23 PM..