User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Is that guy the Stevie replacement they brought in? I've seen better...
LOL!

I'm just trying to imagine Neale in chiffon.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
LOL!

He did write New Orleans, after all!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2017, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And I love love love her old lady arms. I want to hug her so badly!! She's so centered and classy.

Christine used to call Stevie and her posse, "The Silly Sisters"
I love her old tonned lady arms.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yes it does.

The bit at 5.44 sounds like 'Wrong' to me
I will have to check that.

Around 2:00 mark they play what sounds like a new song, then Lindsey talks over it about Christine returning blah blah blah while the track keeps playing under his talking. and then about the 2:12 mark, where he's in B&W and jokingly grabs towards the camera, the music comes back up and that da-da-ding-ding-ding da-da-ding-ding-ding guitar riff from 2:12-2:17 is incredibly familiar---it's something off of Mirage and I cannot place it but it is totally a recycle from a previous song of his........... can anyone else figure it out?

AHA!! It's the very ending bit of You and I part 2....the very end and then as it fades out. It's just faster on Y&I

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-26-2017 at 01:56 PM..
Old 05-26-2017, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I love her old tonned lady arms.
tonned? tonned? why, how dare you? what are you trying to say?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

AHA!! It's the very ending bit of You and I part 2....the very end and then as it fades out. It's just faster on Y&I
Yes, its rather a bit too much 'You and I Part 2' -ish for me. No problems recycling ideas but that's just a straight rehash. I think its another example of how they me be trying to link the music back to Tango In The Night. That as well as the Big Love-ish grunts. I'm sure we'll end up finding more TITN links.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The creative chemistry within the classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac has historically been a talking point for both Christine and Lindsey, so I didn't interpret the comments in this video as a swipe against Stevie.

What annoys me is how full of crap they're being about it being a duets album, like saying they recruited Mick and John because they're the best rhythm section in the world. No, it was always supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, which is why Mick and John are on it. Just be honest about it. Just say that it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, Stevie didn't want to participate, and that it morphed into something different. It's still crap, but at least it approaches the truth.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
where he's in B&W and jokingly grabs towards the camera, the music comes back up and that da-da-ding-ding-ding da-da-ding-ding-ding guitar riff from 2:12-2:17 is incredibly familiar---
i'm now convinced - but will see once we actually hear all the songs - that they intentionally put references to various past FM songs in every single song on this album. Big Love on IMW, Red Rover on SATC, Tusk on Too Far Gone, ISA on Carnival Begin, etc. i guess the only exception is Love Is Here To Stay which harkens back to LB solo with its mix of Rock Away Blind and She Acts like you.... maybe to show it starts with FM past and resolves to some mix of solo into a duo stuff.

i'm also starting to think that the song sequencing and the album actually tells a story - from trying to reconvene FM for a new record that didn't really work out as planned (IMW), through Christine burning the bridges (SATC) and then coming back (CB) and FM going on with the show etc. Carnival Begins? remember when Dave Stewart was leaving for Nashville in like April 2014 while FM was in Village Recorder? he tweeted something like carnival is leaving the town. interesting, no? it's all circular.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, its rather a bit too much 'You and I Part 2' -ish for me. No problems recycling ideas but that's just a straight rehash. I think its another example of how they me be trying to link the music back to Tango In The Night. That as well as the Big Love-ish grunts. I'm sure we'll end up finding more TITN links.
Lots of Tango references, but that's fine by me! I love You & I Part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yes, yes he is. That's why I posted that pic. To see if someone notice her replacement. She's busy with little Harry.
If he's the replacement he must have some closer features than looks to Stevie.

Maybe cocaine ingestion.

Quote:
LOL!

I'm sure he was wearing it at the audition.

Maybe that's why they didn't realise he was a man.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What annoys me is how full of crap they're being about it being a duets album, like saying they recruited Mick and John because they're the best rhythm section in the world. No, it was always supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, which is why Mick and John are on it. Just be honest about it. Just say that it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, Stevie didn't want to participate, and that it morphed into something different. It's still crap, but at least it approaches the truth.
yup - this just came up on my fb timeline from 2 years ago, while they were still talking about it as possible FM album - http://www.mojo4music.com/20368/mojo...ey-buckingham/.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Lots of Tango references, but that's fine by me! I love You & I Part 2.

If he's the replacement he must have some closer features than looks to Stevie.

Maybe cocaine ingestion.

I'm sure he was wearing it at the audition.

Maybe that's why they didn't realise he was a man.
i don't know why, because i have to assume it's all in good fun, but it really annoys me to read these jokes about Neale. i'm sure everyone here knows it's Neale Heywood, he's been with FM and LB solo since early 90s. he is introduced at the end of every FM show. he is not there as any kind of SN replacement and we all should know better than to keep going on with some kind of appearance jokes.

maybe i just had a bad week, if you all feel like this is non-provoked jumping on you, feel free to remove.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know why, because i have to assume it's all in good fun, but it really annoys me to read these jokes about Neale. i'm sure everyone here knows it's Neale Heywood, he's been with FM and LB solo since early 90s. he is introduced at the end of every FM show. he is not there as any kind of SN replacement and we all should know better than to keep going on with some kind of appearance jokes.

maybe i just had a bad week, if you all feel like this is non-provoked jumping on you, feel free to remove.
I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't know why, because i have to assume it's all in good fun, but it really annoys me to read these jokes about Neale. i'm sure everyone here knows it's Neale Heywood, he's been with FM and LB solo since early 90s.
I still want to know why he's thanked on "Time," since he wasn't part of the Fleetwood Mac machine at that point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I know who Neale is. I have seen hundreds of bootlegs in which he's introduced along with Brett.

I was the one who initiated the joke. Sorry to bother you. Not gonna happen again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-26-2017, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
tonned? tonned? why, how dare you? what are you trying to say?
Nothing. She has nice arms, that's all.