The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:22 PM

Does anyone get the impression this is going to be McVie heavy???

Please say yes, because I want to believe it.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmmmm......they may actually portray the concert here in LA (at the Universal Amphitheatre) where Dennis was SO drunk and bad-mouthing Stevie on stage....he was trying so hard to get Chris up there with him, but you could just FEEL her total embarrassment from the audience!
I think it was shortly after that that they broke up.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Hmmmmm......they may actually portray the concert here in LA (at the Universal Amphitheatre) where Dennis was SO drunk and bad-mouthing Stevie on stage....he was trying so hard to get Chris up there with him, but you could just FEEL her total embarrassment from the audience!
Wow, never heard that story. What did he say?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, I'd never heard this! What's the scoop on this? I'm getting the sense you were there. Were you? If so, tell us more!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow, I'd never heard this! What's the scoop on this? I'm getting the sense you were there. Were you? If so, tell us more!
I remember it, but it's been so long... Michele?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Wow, never heard that story. What did he say?
I don't know what he said about Stevie. He was arguing, actually fighting, with Mike Love.

Michele
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yep, I was rhere.....in fact, at the time the only bands I really listened to were Fanny, Fleetwood Mac and the Beach Boys!

As stated, he was BLITZED (if I remember correctly, they actually had TWO drummers that night, just to cover up his shortcomings!) Anyway, he had come out front to do a solo song and was dedicating it to Chris....but he just started rambling on about how beautiful Chris was and how he just didn't get how Stevie got all the attention..."I mean, she's not THAT good looking!"...just going on and on!
This rant/ramble had to go on for a good five minutes - people were actually yelling "You're drunk!!!" - and, like I said...even seated across the amphitheatre, you could FEEL Chris just shrinking into her chair! (If I remember correctly, she left after the song was done).
Actually, I think that was the last time I saw the Beach Boys live.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Yep, I was rhere.....in fact, at the time the only bands I really listened to were Fanny, Fleetwood Mac and the Beach Boys!

As stated, he was BLITZED (if I remember correctly, they actually had TWO drummers that night, just to cover up his shortcomings!) Anyway, he had come out front to do a solo song and was dedicating it to Chris....but he just started rambling on about how beautiful Chris was and how he just didn't get how Stevie got all the attention..."I mean, she's not THAT good looking!"...just going on and on!
This rant/ramble had to go on for a good five minutes - people were actually yelling "You're drunk!!!" - and, like I said...even seated across the amphitheatre, you could FEEL Chris just shrinking into her chair! (If I remember correctly, she left after the song was done).
Actually, I think that was the last time I saw the Beach Boys live.
Thanks for sharing Fanny!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anybody Heard anything new about this production? I was checking Aaron and Vera pages at imdb, but since it's in "development", there is only info at imdbpro.

Then I found this: Aaron Eckhart was contracted to play Dennis Wilson in a new movie called The Drummer. However, he decided he wasn't a good enough drummer... so out of respect turned the part down. Gregg Jakobson wants Taylor Hawkins, the drummer in the Foo Fighters, to play Dennis Wilson, but Hawkins has just been cast as Iggy Pop in a new Docu-film... so The Drummer, is now shelved and may in fact never be made...

http://www.maybellinebook.com/2012/0...e-drummer.html
Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Has anybody Heard anything new about this production? I was checking Aaron and Vera pages at imdb, but since it's in "development", there is only info at imdbpro.

Then I found this: Aaron Eckhart was contracted to play Dennis Wilson in a new movie called The Drummer. However, he decided he wasn't a good enough drummer... so out of respect turned the part down. Gregg Jakobson wants Taylor Hawkins, the drummer in the Foo Fighters, to play Dennis Wilson, but Hawkins has just been cast as Iggy Pop in a new Docu-film... so The Drummer, is now shelved and may in fact never be made...

http://www.maybellinebook.com/2012/0...e-drummer.html
This was the last thing I read too...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be watching it just to see how good her Chris accent is. See if she'll pass my test
Old 06-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Does anyone get the impression this is going to be McVie heavy???

Please say yes, because I want to believe it.
I hope so!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Beach Boy Biopic 'The Drummer' Back On The Shelf

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...k-on-the-shelf

By Patrick Flanary, The Hollywood Reporter | December 12, 2013

Aaron Eckhart was too exhausted from shooting "I, Frankenstein" in Australia to portray Dennis Wilson -- the Beach Boys drummer who drowned 30 years ago this month -- in a film about the musician’s final years, and left the production just before shooting was to begin in June 2012.

His departure has indefinitely delayed "The Drummer," and now, producers tell The Hollywood Reporter, the biopic's future is murkier. “It was a huge blow for us when Eckhart pulled out,” says Brad Rosenberger, the film’s music supervisor and a publisher of Wilson’s songs, adding that Eckhart had spent six months learning to sing and play the piano and drums. (Vera Farmiga also was cast as Fleetwood Mac’s Christine McVie.)

The latest setback, however, might be the most unsurmountable. The trustee for Wilson’s estate, which represents his children, suggests that the project is now officially off. “The Dennis Wilson Trust can confirm that there is no plan for proceeding with the Drummer project,” Shelley Surpin said in an email, declining to elaborate.

Wilson’s son Carl and daughter Jennifer -- children from separate marriages -- had signed on to co-produce the film in October 2011. The deal represented the first time the family had sanctioned a movie, enabling director Randall Miller to secure the rights to use songs from "Pacific Ocean Blue," Wilson’s solo album. But their unease about the screenplay, written by Jody Savin, has contributed to the project’s delay, Wilson’s producer and writing partner Gregg Jakobson reveals. “The kids, they get bad counseling,” he said in a recent interview. “It’s the estate -- they don’t know anything about the entertainment business. They hardly even really ever knew their dad.”

Rosenberger, who spent 20 years at Warner-Chappell, approached Wilson’s family with the film idea in 2008 and said that the children remain interested. “With everything in the right place, they would love to see a movie honoring their father,” he tells THR. “There are no plans to make this Dennis Wilson movie now, but I don’t think it would be accurate to say we don’t want a movie to be made.”

Several involved with "The Drummer" insist that its current script does not exploit Wilson’s alcohol and drug addiction, and avoids his relationship with Charles Manson, which predated the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders. It picks up in 1977, when Wilson recorded "Pacific Ocean Blue," and shows another side of the handsome surfer and consummate beach boy, whose hard living cost him his home, his boat and several marriages.

Wilson drowned in Marina del Rey, California, on Dec. 28, 1983, during an afternoon of drinking and diving, just weeks after his 39th birthday. Seven days later, the Coast Guard buried him at sea, a family request President Reagan helped facilitate.

Julie Sultan of W2 Media, the distribution company committed to finding a buyer, said that it no longer represents "The Drummer." In the meantime, Unclaimed Freight Production, which shifted its crew and resources over to CBGB, released in the fall, will begin work in January on "Midnight Rider: The Gregg Allman Story," based on his memoir, "My Cross to Bear."

Movie or no movie, we haven’t heard the last of Dennis Wilson. In August, Capitol Records issued "Made in California," a Beach Boys set including bootlegged and previously unreleased songs. Archivist Alan Boyd said that more remains in the vault, including “Carry Me Home,” an outtake from 1973’s "Holland." “There’s a handful of things, maybe half a dozen or so that actually have vocals on them,” he said.

A six-minute version of Wilson’s unfinished “Holy Man,” featuring Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins and Queen’s Brian May and Roger Taylor, which Jakobson produced, will likely remain unheard, given the movie’s unclear direction.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:45 PM

I read a while back that it was unlikely to happen. But at least they leave some hope.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what Christine thought about the prospect. If she starts doing more interviews, I hope someone asks her.

Michele