The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: When will we see a new Lindsey album?
Sometime this Spring 1 1.39%
Sometime this Summer 9 12.50%
Sometime late in the year like December 24 33.33%
Solo Album? Never happen! 38 52.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
I just bought that dvd yesterday and will be spending the weekend on an easter egg hunt.

The quality on them is great, such an improvement from my old tapes. So clear. And the Ziggy stuff is priceless.

Have you been getting any torrents from Savage Jaw? If not, get some! They're fabulous!!!!!!!! Such rare stuff and the DVDs are especially brilliant.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
(I'd cream my jeans if FM ever released a 2-disc video compilation like that.)
*shudder* me, too. What are Easter Eggs?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
*shudder* me, too. What are Easter Eggs?
Hidden special features. I scour all my DVDs for them. Rocky Horror has lots of them on it, too.

Old 03-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hidden special features. I scour all my DVDs for them. Rocky Horror has lots of them on it, too.
Oh. The only DVD's I have that arent' burned are Swimming Pool and Destiny Rules, so...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh. The only DVD's I have that arent' burned are Swimming Pool and Destiny Rules, so...

I? <3 Swimming Pool!

Old 03-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I? <3 Swimming Pool!
I know, I liked it too. I remember you explaining it to me awhile back...
and that girls boobs really should've gotten some kind of recognition... "And, the great rack award goes too........."

Old 03-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know, I liked it too. I remember you explaining it to me awhile back...
and that girls boobs really should've gotten some kind of recognition... "And, the great rack award goes too........."
OMG, they should have gotten an Osacr nod! And I was SO shocked Rampling did full-frontal. So shocked, I can't even tell you.

Old 03-07-2005, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The quality on them is great, such an improvement from my old tapes. So clear. And the Ziggy stuff is priceless.

Have you been getting any torrents from Savage Jaw? If not, get some! They're fabulous!!!!!!!! Such rare stuff and the DVDs are especially brilliant.
Oh yes. You know it!
Old 03-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitter_fades
Oh yes. You know it!
I just downloaded the Rockumentary DVD from there and it's great. It even comes with the Pepsi commercial he did with Tina.

My favorite part on the DVD is when he talks about treating the body like a temple and being careful what you put into it, while he's sucking on a cigarette throughout the interview.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

dissention, I think you and I should get married. you are seriously god damn funny! and without funny, you ain't got a damn thing in my opinion. funny is my number one on my list.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow

Apart from the fact that there's too much offtopic dreck in this thread (like Stevie going to Africa to breastfeed 100 starving children), it's still an interesting one, well, because a new Lindsey album would sell.
I'd really like to hear the GOS songs, especially Down On Rodeo and Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind in proper sound quality. But what I just don't think is that it'll come out this year.
And there's another band that's in competition for 1st longtime-announced new album in over a decade, apart from GNR and Lindsey, and that is the Eagles.
They all have released at least one song from their unfinished project on a different CD, with the Eagles it was a best of, with Lindsey it was FM albums and with GNR it was a soundtrack. They all have performed new songs live. GNR have got a record label waiting for stuff, and the label will either drop them one day or put out 'unfinished' stuff. The Eagles will self-release their recordings, or so they say. Where's Lindsey's album going to appear? What label? The same label as FM?
I just want to add that I don't believe any of the 3 albums will be released this year, just like I will not believe that any of them is released until I see it inside of a shop. That's why I haven't entered the poll. There's no option for 'maybe next year or the year after'.
Anyway, who of the 3 will win the 'battle'? GNR won't, unless the record company have a say in this. At the moment, they don't have a guitar player, and when a new one comes around, they probably record it all over again.
That leaves us with Lindsey and the Eagles. The Henley/Frey/Walsh/Schmit band is constantly touring, and they've got some new songs up to now, with which they're not too confident, but two of them are performed on their current tour. Walsh says he's not gonna put out a solo album until the Eagles album is there, and that's somewhat unfortunate, because he's a great guitarist. Frey seems to prefer to play golf. Schmit says on his website that he's already recording new solo material in his home studio when he finds the time; and remember when an Eagles album was first thought of aloud in public by the band, Schmit was just delivering his last solo release. Henley gives solo concerts in between Eagles tours, so maybe he's more confident with his songwriting when playing solo that when playing with the Eagles.
All that looks like the Eagles are not as focused as they should be to release new album soon.
Lindsey is working in his studio. He's not toured since Say You Will. It's probably just down to whether he will decide to rework his stuff for FM when the time comes for them to make a new album, or whether he dares to make his FM colleagues wait for his solo album release and tour to be over.
Tight schedules are not for everybody, but why not promote the next Lindsey album and the next Stevie album jointly with an FM tour?
My guess is that Lindsey will win the 'battle' because he's been at it since the mid-90s, and the Eagles only started talking of recording since the new millenium, and they seem to be somewhat less focused than Lindsey. Then again I might be wrong.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

If it happens this year it will be late in the year. I'll put it this way, I'm not holding my breath