User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Maybe he knew there were going to be a lot of liberals around and he wanted to make you guys feel at home.
I guess in the same way "A" is so welcome at Texas Chainsaw Massacre premieres/parties/openings.

Yeah, think on it...
Old 10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
That man is simply a joke and he doesn't classify anything he posts as "opinion."

That man is also piggish and has quite an odor to him. Personally, I think it's because he doesn't brush his teeth. His breath was kicking in Boston last summer when I had the misfortune of standing next to him for a moment.

Must be why Ann is standing so far away from him...
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
kicking? he deserves a blackbelt from what I've heard.
Honey, I had half a mind to slip him a twenty so that he could mosey on down to CVS for some oral hygiene supplies. Rembrandt is your friend, baby.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No actually I am not.
yeah, actually, you are...
Old 10-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess in the same way "A" is so welcome at Texas Chainsaw Massacre premieres/parties/openings.

Yeah, think on it...
I thought there was only one opening? Well two if you count the new 2003 "sucky" version?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's getting his information from the Heritage Foundation.
and this surprises you why

Yep - telling teens not to have sex really works

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, actually, you are...
no actually I...

Well, this would just go on and on!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
and this surprises you why

Yep - telling teens not to have sex really works
It's better than ENCOURAGING IT....right!?!

Look here is my point. Personally I don't feel that ANY sex education needs to be given in schools (Another reason to get rid of public schools). It needs to be up to the parents. BUT...if they are going to give the youth any information, I think it should be to simply just NOT HAVE SEX! Do you not agree that that is the best way to remain sexually safe?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bill Frist doesn't know if sweat and tears spread HIV!

How could I have ever forgotten this little nugget! I first saw this on The Daily Show several months ago.

The link is complete with the video footage. Enjoy!

(Edit: The clip is long, and contains the whole interview... the discussion below starts at about 10:35 into the clip)

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2004/12/05.html#a950

Bill Frist doesn't know if sweat and tears spread HIV!

Stephanopoulos interviews Bill Frist/ Video Clip

Bill Frist says 15% of condoms fail which is false. From the Waxman Report: When used properly and consistently, condoms fail to prevent pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) less than 3 percent of the time, federal researchers say, and it is not known how many gay teenagers are HIV-positive.

He implies that he wants to change the retirement age for social security, and it took George repeatedly asking him if sweat and tears caused the spread of HIV.

Gerorge: You're a doctor. Do you think tears and sweat can transmit HIV"
Frist; I don't know...I can tell you..
Gerorge: You don't know?
Frist; I can tell you things like,like..condoms..
Gerorge: You believe that tears and sweat might be able to transmit aids?

===========================
Here's an actual transcript:

--BEGIN TRANSCRIPT--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Okay, let me switch to another subject. There was a bit of an uproar in Washington this week about this issue of these abstinence programs that are funded by the Federal government, the funding has doubled over the last four years but there was a report by the minority staff at the House Government Affairs Committee that showed that 11 of 13 of these programs are giving out false information. I want to show some of the claims they identified in the curricula. One of them was, one of the programs taught that "The actual ability of condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV/AIDS, even if the product is intact, is not definitively known." Another, "The popular claim that condoms help prevent the spread of STDs is not supported by the data." A third suggested that tears and sweat could transmit HIV and AIDS. Now, you're a doctor. Do you believe that tears and sweat can transmit HIV?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

I don't know. I can tell you ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) You don't know?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

I can tell you things like, like ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Well, wait, let me stop you, you don't know that, you believe that tears and sweat might be able to transmit AIDS?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

Yeah, no, I can tell you that HIV is not very transmissible as an element like, compared to smallpox, compared to the flu.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) No, let's talk. I want to talk about all of it.

SENATOR BILL FRIST

But about, about condoms, for example. We know there's about a 15 percent failure rate. You know, this is a deadly virus and you know it is directly transmissible with a relatively high degree of infectivity by, by sexual relations. If there's a 15 percent failure rate in, in condoms ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) But this was suggesting that they don't work even if the condom is intact.

SENATOR BILL FRIST

Oh, I know. But, but let me just say because the whole, the whole success, if you look in Africa today where as you know 28 million people are infected today is on this ABC, abstinence which is sort of the initial thrust itself which is the only way to prevent, only way to prevent.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Only surefire way.

SENATOR BILL FRIST

That's right. Only surefire. Very hard culturally in lots of approaches. Being faithful. Again, one partner and in certain cultures that is very hard and, then third, condoms. If you take out just condoms and say that is the answer with the 15 percent failure rate with a highly infective virus through
sexual relations ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) These are suggesting that they're really never the answer.

SENATOR BILL FRIST

No, well, clearly. I'm telling you that the proposal that the Federal government supports is officially this A, B, C approach, we put $15 billion into this, what I would regard as one of the great moral and public health tragedies of the last 100 years, probably HIV/AIDS.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) But do you think these abstinence programs should be reviewed and that they should be required to give out scientifically accurate information?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

Oh, I think of course they should be reviewed, I mean, and that's in part our responsibility to make sure that all of these programs are reviewed but whether it's abstinence or whether it's condoms or whether it is better education on the infectivity of how washing hands in terms of the flu, all of these are public health challenges that we need in terms of better education, yes, the government has a role, especially if we're gonna be ...

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Let me just, I wanted to move to another subject, let me just clear this up, though. Do you or do you not believe that tears and sweat can transmit HIV?

SENATOR BILL FRIST

It would be very hard. It would be very hard for tears and sweat, I mean, you can get virus in tears and sweat but in terms of the degree of infecting somebody, it would be very hard.

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS

(Off Camera) Okay, let me turn to one final subject, steroids...

made by dissention

Last edited by stargazer99; 10-19-2005 at 04:21 PM..
Old 10-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's better than ENCOURAGING IT....right!?!

Look here is my point. Personally I don't feel that ANY sex education needs to be given in schools (Another reason to get rid of public schools). It needs to be up to the parents. BUT...if they are going to give the youth any information, I think it should be to simply just NOT HAVE SEX! Do you not agree that that is the best way to remain sexually safe?
If they want to teach how to stay sexually safe, they need to teach just that and not abstinence. They should not be foisting unrealistic "teachings" onto curious teenagers in place of useful information on how to remain safe through the use of contraceptives.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If they want to teach how to stay sexually safe, they need to teach just that and not abstinence. They should not be foisting unrealistic "teachings" onto curious teenagers in place of useful information on how to remain safe through the use of contraceptives.
But they shouldn't be teaching ANY of it in our schools.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But they shouldn't be teaching ANY of it in our schools.
Says you.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly

I get that abstinence is the only 100% way not to get a STD or preggers. But, not to tell kids, who history demonstrates are going to have sex, about what to do if they hawve sex is inhumane and tantamount to enabling murder these days. And, I think this should be taught in a biology class and in a straight forward manner - this is clearly in the realm of bilology. So many kids get little to no information from their parents and/or their parents are horrible examples for them.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking All this sex talk...

made me go picture hunting, this one is self-explanatory if ya ask me (Poor Shrub has a stub!!!)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
made me go picture hunting, this one is self-explanatory if ya ask me (Poor Shrub has a stub!!!)

Ha!

O'Leilly was on The Daily Show last night and Jon Stewart kicked his ass.

O'Lielly: You liberals add insult to injury.

Stewart: Yes, we do, but you guys add the injury.