The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After reading all of your posts I can't wait to get the new cd. Now do those extra tracks only come from Amazon DL or are they on a cd where you can buy it (like Stevie's extra track was at BN?) Just wondering. Thanks!!
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Starshine, I think you can only attain the bonus tracks on Amazon. For now. I would go for it, though, because they are special.

Eventually I'll calm down and write a song-by-song but right now just let me fangirl over the whole thing....sigh...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
After reading all of your posts I can't wait to get the new cd. Now do those extra tracks only come from Amazon DL or are they on a cd where you can buy it (like Stevie's extra track was at BN?) Just wondering. Thanks!!
amazon DL only - plus $3.99 DL for the whole CD+bonus tracks deal is today only.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
amazon DL only - plus $3.99 DL for the whole CD+bonus tracks deal is today only.
I almost feel bad for purchasing it this way, which I did. I mean he makes no money off his projects and he puts his heart and soul into them.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Sorry louie, but OOTC is his third...
That's what I said... Seeds We Sow stands shoulder to shoulder with his first three albums:

1) Law & Order
2) Go Insane
3) Out Of The Cradle

And out of those 3 albums, Out Of The Cradle will always be his masterpiece in my eyes.

My wording probably just wasn't clear. I think Lindsey's first three albums are his strongest, most consistent works. I'm not a fan of Under The Skin. Gift Of Screws was better than UTS, but I don't think it can stack up to Lindsey's first 3 works when viewed as an entire album (though GOS has some fantastic individual songs). Seeds We Sow is both a great album AND has great songs which can stand by themselves on their own merits.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I almost feel bad for purchasing it this way, which I did. I mean he makes no money off his projects and he puts his heart and soul into them.
well, think of it this way - he gets many more ears hearing it this way, and i would think that's what he wants. plus, i would never miss on having the actual physical copy of SWS - mine is on the way and should be here tomorrow. but i couldn't wait!

i did consider buying just 2 extra tracks, but it was almost easier to get the whole thing for just 2 dollars more - frankly in the age of illegal downloads seems like a smart way to market and get at least something for it
Old 09-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Add me to the downloaded + bought a copy club...

I love Seeds We Sow (both versions), In Our Own Time, Illumination, TTWLG, Rock Away Blind, Gone Too Far (which reminds me a LOT of You Do Or You Don't), and She Smiled Sweetly.

One Take is very cool, though I'm not sure it works for multiple repeats. Love the lyrics and the shreds!

Stars is still my least favorite and End Of Time lags just a bit.

When She Comes Down is absolutely beautiful, which helps you forget how repetitive the lyrics are.

The first thing I listened to in full from this album was the electric SWS with headphones at 2 AM yesterday. I still think it's amazing (sincerely, not sarcastically). If nothing else, it means LB can still write songs without "orchestral guitar"!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Perhaps! I like the song but I don't think it sounds vengeful... I really like the guitar part where it sounds echo-y in the background. Whatever technical word I'm trying to say. lol
No, I don't think it sounds vengeful either. That was my point. The words on their own sound like he's trying to rub the other person's pain in, especially waking up singing his songs. Presented in another tone that could be a jeer. He describes each detail of the other person's loneliness, in a way that could be insensitive, like when a doctor probes your wound too deeply. But I like what Bee said about "soft". The soft way the words are sung reveal his tender concern. And the "yeah" he throws in just sounds so raw and unadorned.

And basically to me, what he's asking to be saved from is her hurt. That seems to be what's gone too far, that's what he wants to stop, because he doesn't describe his own sadness (which is surely there), just hers.

Michele
Old 09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangdrum View Post
Add me to the downloaded + bought a copy club...

I love Seeds We Sow (both versions), In Our Own Time, Illumination, TTWLG, Rock Away Blind, Gone Too Far (which reminds me a LOT of You Do Or You Don't), and She Smiled Sweetly.

One Take is very cool, though I'm not sure it works for multiple repeats. Love the lyrics and the shreds!

Stars is still my least favorite and End Of Time lags just a bit.

When She Comes Down is absolutely beautiful, which helps you forget how repetitive the lyrics are.

The first thing I listened to in full from this album was the electric SWS with headphones at 2 AM yesterday. I still think it's amazing (sincerely, not sarcastically). If nothing else, it means LB can still write songs without "orchestral guitar"!
wow, i could have written this review - agree w/ you in almost everything you wrote!

wouldn't it be great if he can do Gone Too Far followed by You Do or You Don't on the tour?!
Old 09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I know! Dungeon?? Is that what they call his studio?
Does Stevie ever come to his studio?

Actually I think that Stevie has described the coffee plant like that, because they were there at night alone, when everyone else was gone. She said it was scary and they just locked themselves in one room.

Both Ooooh my Love 's castle walls and this dungeon remind me of the coffee plant.

I still like Stars, but I do think live was better. His wail just seemed to be crying out against the stars more in concert. Whereas it's a less emotional love song on the album.

Oh, so in which ways did GOS disturb you?

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-05-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Old 09-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
And out of those 3 albums, Out Of The Cradle will always be his masterpiece in my eyes.
Yeah, I didn't understand you either. I thought you were basically saying that it didn't measure upt to OOTC, but was as good as Law & Order and Go Insane, which I guess is not the worst thing you can say about it, but it seems to mean he's going backwards and I think with GOS and SWS he's going forward.

I do put this above OOTC, but only due to the passage of time. I don't like this more than GOS, but it's right up there.

My apologies to UTS. I will just take my Show You How and leave the rest of you in a little closet that no one opens. But I did love you once.

Michele
Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's weird. I think the songs are all very very pretty and some are very touching. (Although I have a major gripe with One Take--but not MUSICALLY!) But I think I would place the album with OOTC at the bottom of my list. So far. I look forward to finding out what I think of SWS in a week.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Seeds We Sow Review !!!

So...we are reporting in that we ordered the cd and have also
listened to the available cuts! Lindsey is still our Musical Genius!
I can't wait to receive his brilliant work! Heartfelt THANKS Linds!
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did the Amazon download last night but will buy the CD ..there is some beauftiful work here and it all hangs together as an album maybe even more than GOS although the highpoints on GOS may reach greater heights .It will take more listens to decide..OOTC remains his masterwerk to me.Close to a perfect album that one is and would have been the finest pop/rock release of 1992 IMO if a little college band out of Athen Ga. hadn't released one of the greatest albums of all time in that same year.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So End of Time has made me cry 3 times now...