User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:51 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I always loved Do You Know. REALLY loved it. I was in college when it came out, and in a serious unrequited love situation. I think back with sad and happy memories, when I hear it, still. Just like it was yesterday.
That's adorable, and makes sense why you have such an attachment to it. But I don't think there was that much effort put into it. Duet-wise, the much stronger song is "When It Comes To Love." And the best tune on Behind The Mask is "Save Me," I'd say.

I actually heard "Bad Loser" on the radio in a DC restaurant this week, and that made me super happy. On "Heroes," I absolutely love the experimentation of that song and album.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My least favorite from the Rumours line-up albums is "Never Make Me Cry", although "Wish You Were Here", and "Only Over You" are also up (down?) there. "Over and Over" and "Warm Ways" are eh, I don't hate them but they never stand out to me. "Love In Store" never worked for me either.

I quite enjoy "Sugar Daddy"
Old 11-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mystified
Never Make Me Cry
Sugar Daddy
Old 01-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Ledgie

Christine has quite a few duds in my opinion,

- Skies The Limit
- Do You Know
- Only Over You
- Temporary One
- Wish You Were Here
- the one about Hollywood

All of these are 1/10 songs. Skies The Limit is probably the lamest song ever!
Only Over You is absolutely weak as well.

I find it funny after her artistic renewal in 1987 after Mirage and a beige solo album, that she goes on to release some of the worst songs of her career afterwards. The title track on BTM is great, but I can't think of one Christine track from the 90s I like, and I could say the same about Stevie.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
I can't think of one Christine track from the 90s I like
Hmm, I think Love Shines and Heart of Stone from the 25 Years: The Chain box set are among her best.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

After her return to the group I do realize her importance in the band structure. Musically and with her personality. I dare say she is the most 'normal' and down to earth person in the group. Many of her songs don't do mich for me but others love them. And I think in general she's a solid writer.

When you've done that many albums you're going to have a few hits and misses.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Ledgie

I am clearly in the minority here lol, I actually like Sugar Daddy. The lyrics are "meh" but it's a catchy little tune. I'd say Mystified and Only Over You are my least fave. However I have been bitter with Oh Daddy for years because I feel like had that song *not* been on Rumours and Silver Springs was it would literally be a perfect, flawless record from front to back. (I realize it didn't "replace" SS I'm just saying, it's not as good!) So the song has grown on me but it's certainly not a favorite by any means.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

"Only over You" gets a lot of flack around here, and like most here I used to think it was a pretty dull song. However, I sat down and really listened to it one day, and now I think it is one of her best tunes. John lays down some awesome bass during the end/fade-out, and the vocal harmonies all throughout are totally Beach Boys-esque, probably because the song was inspired by Dennis. It's just beautiful all around.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
"Only over You" gets a lot of flack around here, and like most here I used to think it was a pretty dull song. However, I sat down and really listened to it one day, and now I think it is one of her best tunes. John lays down some awesome bass during the end/fade-out, and the vocal harmonies all throughout are totally Beach Boys-esque, probably because the song was inspired by Dennis. It's just beautiful all around.
AGREED! I absolutely ADORE "Only Over You". It's one of the highlights on "Mirage" for me!

My least fave Christine songs are probably "Sugar Daddy" and "Homeward Bound".
Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
I have posted this link before but an opportune time to do so again. Perhaps some people will appreciate this version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FhEcIv29ps
Old 01-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
Christine has quite a few duds in my opinion,

- Skies The Limit
- Do You Know
- Only Over You
- Temporary One
- Wish You Were Here
- the one about Hollywood

All of these are 1/10 songs. Skies The Limit is probably the lamest song ever!
Only Over You is absolutely weak as well.

I find it funny after her artistic renewal in 1987 after Mirage and a beige solo album, that she goes on to release some of the worst songs of her career afterwards. The title track on BTM is great, but I can't think of one Christine track from the 90s I like, and I could say the same about Stevie.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and if you dont like her songs then you dont like them- fair enough. I lose a bit of respect for you though when you say those are all 1/10 songs. They aren't. definitely not, never could be considered 1/10. Nope. Not a chance. Are they amongst her best...no, of course not- but compared to some of the sh!t out there at the time of their creation they could be considered masterpieces. No Fleetwood Mac song can be considered 1/10 (er, maybe Lizard People).
Skies The limit- not her best song I'd agree. The lamest song ever? Get out of here.
1990's: as has been noted- Love Shines (especially) & Heart of Stone
Old 01-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
No Fleetwood Mac song can be considered 1/10 [I](er, maybe Lizard People)
Actually, I take that back, Lizard People is not without merit in comparison to These Strange Times and Empire State
Old 01-15-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and if you dont like her songs then you dont like them- fair enough. I lose a bit of respect for you though when you say those are all 1/10 songs. They aren't. definitely not, never could be considered 1/10. Nope. Not a chance. Are they amongst her best...no, of course not- but compared to some of the sh!t out there at the time of their creation they could be considered masterpieces. No Fleetwood Mac song can be considered 1/10 (er, maybe Lizard People).
Skies The limit- not her best song I'd agree. The lamest song ever? Get out of here.
1990's: as has been noted- Love Shines (especially) & Heart of Stone
I think I'm in love with you. I get that a lot of people don't care about Christine or care for her music. But, she wrote some killer stuff. All three writers have duds.

I think Skies is a great tune.. I don't think I like the arrangement of the song. The keys sound like a trolly from 1983. lol....

I don't like Temporary One. But, it must be a good tune. A lot of people really like it.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
AGREED! I absolutely ADORE "Only Over You". It's one of the highlights on "Mirage" for me!

My least fave Christine songs are probably "Sugar Daddy" and "Homeward Bound".
I love Only Over You. I love how she vocally soars and I love LB's guitar at the end.

Quite coincidentally, when I heard As Long As You Follow. I thought Vito's guitar at the end sound a bit like Only over You.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think I'm in love with you.
Ummm... sh!t... er... I love you too.